The Kospet PRIME Official post

Hi,
No extra icons with Nova Prime. Just extra functions, like swiping, gestures, hiding…
But you have many icons packs on Play Store. For me, I’m currently with MIUI 10 pack.

Hey! What type of widget/app are you using for the clock on the second screen? I’m using a kustom kwgt one on my main nova screen, but it always lags a second before updating the time and battery when waking up the screen. Even the standard clock app widget from android takes a second to update. Is there any that updates instantly, like the watchfaces do?

Hi,
I’m using “Nice Simple Clock” widget on Nova.
According to my experience with this kind of clock widgets, most of all lag a little bit on opening screen. Maximum 1 sec. On a watch, I mean.

Sorry I forgot the name and at the moment I’ve flashed the watch to the default settings, so I cannot look it up, but I remember that I also had 1 second lag before updating the display, and of course I’ve excluded the app from the battery optimizer

Hello everybody. I would like to ask experienced users here: Do you think that root access can have any negative impact on such things like GPS positioning, bluetooth connectivity or heart rate monitor precision? I rooted my Prime soon after the purchase and actually from the beginning I’ve been facing issues in above-mentioned departments… GPS sometimes get lost in obvious way, I have regular dropouts with bluetooth wireless headset (to be clear - no such issues with my smartphone), not mentioning HRM, which gives clearly wrong results during any activity… Currently I’m using latest 1.8 firmware and I did everything I could do to get rid of those issues (granting all permissions, disabling battery saver & optimizer etc.), with no luck at all. The only thing I can do more that crossed my mind is dropping root access. Do you think it is worth to clean flash latest firmware with no root? If that wouldn’t help, sadly I will consider selling Kospet… I’d be grateful for any insight on this matter. Cheers

Well you certainly shouldnt be having these problems with your prime . I for one have never rooted a watch as i cannot see the point . But to answer your question regarding rooting , yes you can mess up your watch if you dont know what your doing . If you can get it back to its original state that would be good

Thanks. Actually I think I know what I’m doing. I’ve never had any problem regarding rooting procedure, I never soft bricked my watch and anything like that. The watch is working fluently, it just seems that sensors and other hardware stuff don’t work as expected :face_with_raised_eyebrow: But ok, I’ll try reflash stock without root and see, since I’m running out of other ideas. Should I do it with latest 1.8 firmware?

Good to hear . Yes v1.8 is perfect when run on a clean watch . Thanks

ok, thank you! :ok_hand:

1 Like

I’ve had a Prime since last november, and I love the watch, but I was kind of disappointed about the lack of precision with the heart rate monitor, the bluetooth tethering, and I don’t think it has anything to do with rooting, I think it’s the hardware specs.
The gps has been more than acceptable in my experience, even if I have been abandoned by it a few times during my runs.

2 Likes

Clean flash done, but nothing has changed :persevere: Seems like I just had bad luck and got flawed copy.

Did you do a full reset after flash ?

Yeeaaaa… I did

Thats a shame as what you have done normally fixes these issues .

1 Like

Hello! I’m interested in other persons’ experience with those functions too. In the few months in which I’ve used the prime, the Bluetooth works ok-ish, it never disconnected from watchdroid nor during calls when SIM was in, the only issues appeared when the earphone was connected to the phone outside the calls, but that could as well be from the earphone, not the watch. The HRM is pretty accurate in resting heart rate after update 1.8, better than in 1.5, haven’t tested it in effort, but the update does feel like an improvement. The GPS sometimes takes some extra seconds to find the position, but it shows it relatively well. The annoying bit that I have with the GPS is that it doesn’t fix position when I’m not moving, e.g. waiting on a traffic light, it always moves around in 20meter radius circle or so, even if completely still. However, it works just fine when back in motion.

I will reply to you about the bt connection. When you connect your Prime to your phone and your earbud to your phone, make sure your earbud isn’t connected to your Prime… I used to have disconnections of the watchdroid, until I realised that my earbud was being connected automatically to my watch. So now, every time I set up my connections between phone-watch-earbud, I have to go and delete the earbud-watch connection.

1 Like

Does anyone know how to fix this? The power button blew up spontaneously

@marcomdg unfortunately this is a tricky one indeed.
I had this happen to me and the only way I could make it work was to put a very small dot of Araldite epoxy glue on the tip of the little stalk that comes from the button and then glue it back into the tiny seat/hole where it goes on the internal switch inside the case.
It is extremely tiny and you have to be very careful that you do not use too much glue and that the button (and spring) has to be held tightly in place while the glue sets. I had to use a very small G-Clamp to hold it overnight while my glue was drying. It has to be just the right amount of pressure too - otherwise the internal switch will never work again.

I have to say that using version 2.0 has been excellent for me.
Battery life is great and reliability of connection also great.
It seems to be a varied experience reading these posts but in my opinion v2.0 is great.

@LordSithek if you have root access you can set the GPS cinfig file for your local region. This improves GPS a huge amount. There are apps that can do it and some very use tips on XDA about setting the GPS config file for your region.
As it is (Stock firmware) it is set for China - so it’s lousy slow and if you reset the watch it takes forever to learn where it is and cache it again.

It is also extremely easy to completely mess it up because you have root and can upset the NVRAM - but you know this already and it can be fixed by flashing back to stock.
If you have the 3+32 version of the Prime you should flash the v2.0 with the firmware upgrade option ticked in the SP Tool and then set the GPS config file.

In my opinion …

3 Likes

did you put the glue in the little groove? (see the photo)

do you know how is the internal interlocking mechanism of the button?