The Kospet PRIME Official post

How does you manage it with 2nd Sim and WhatsApp?
Thanks

You have to think of these as miniature android phones.
They are the same pretty much.
So if it works on an Android phone it should work fine with this as well. TWRP on the Prime is very simple indeed so you are halfway there.

Basically it is a clone of the sim you have in your phone.
Both phone and watch have same number and contract etc…
If you have both devices powered on and someone calls you - both devices will ring at the same time…
It’s just a clone of your existing Sim card…

For me it costs $5 a month if I decide to use second Sim.

@pablo11
Yes I have exactly the same sort of sim; by Orange for 5€/month on the same contract.A “sort” of clone. Not exactly. The 2nd sim card have an hidden number.

@Hans_Broker
For Whatsapp, even if the 2nd sim card works on the same number than the smartphone one, technically it have its own number, so its not reallty possible having Whatsapp on both devices. For the moment I choosed my watch.
There’s some workaround, but I had’nt time to try them for the moment.

Over here it’s called Telstra One…
It’s available as e-sim and nano Sim.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply.

Do you think I should update first to 1.6 or 1.5 is fine?

If you are happy then no real need to update.
However - it is very simple if you do.
Just remember to backup your stuff because you should reset the watch after upgrade.
If you have TWRP you will need to go through installing it again.
Or flash system image only and factory reset

Only do any of these things after making sure you understand the process completely

I’m sorry but to use Aptx, you must have Bluetooth 4.1, so how can you be sure you have it? because I see everywhere on kospet prime have BT 4.0 or 4.2 who’s right? and no app is capable of accurately delivering the version bluetooth.

On offcial site it’s write Bluetooth Ver 4.0 in the spec
Source:
https://www.kospet.com/watch/prime/32.html

For Aptx
Your device must have at least Bluetooth 4.1 ( Sorry but libs require it )

Source:

Hello, does the bracelet have a classic size? A bracelet from amazfit gtr goes on it? Thank you

the size bracelet and 24mm, i have buy a ceramic bracelet it suits him nice :wink:

https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/4000346989625.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.30d06c37elx9bs

1 Like

I use these in 24mm

#Aliexpress £1.88 27%OFF | Universal Milanese Magnetic Metal strap 20mm 22mm For Samsung Galaxy Watch 42mm 46mm For Samsung Gear S2 S3 watchband 14-24mm
https://a.aliexpress.com/_BPp7TN

Really comfortable :+1:

1 Like

Thank you ! :+1:

1 Like

My phone has bluetooth 4.0 and aptX works fine with Oreo rom.

I enabled it in developer options and once I have enabled it I could hear a huge difference.

I already came across that article and I can tell you that it is totally wrong.

1 Like

Ok if changes are not that noticeable I won’t update at all. 1.5 with TWRP should be enough for APTx.

Can you proove it ? because i never see option in developer mode to enable Aptx.

You can see it here. But our watches do not use Oreo and aptX…

I know that, it’s all ready doesn’t work wtih Galaxy S9 BT 5 & Aoropex BT 5.0 (you can’t change really in developer mode, it stay in SBC) and he really believes it will work.with Android 7.1.1 & BT 4.0 so 2 problems 0 solution

Okay,if someone have once open the charge disc,what we have inside?Electronics(what is do?),or just cables,connected between usb port and the charge pins?
We have 4 pins.Which ones just for charging the watch?
I’m just asking this,because my watch arrived tooday(now on long battery test),but after it i think to make my own wireless charging,because on my dm98 the pins it broke down soon enough on the charger disc,and on the watch itself(after 1 year or so)
We have place outside the watch backs,where is the oval protrusion.My idea is make a coil on this protrusion wall,and connected it to two charge pins without electronic,because if i know the thickness of the cable,and know the number of turns,i can easy make it save for watch…i think so.
All input, welcome.

@G1NT0N1C have you got any advice about this idea from @nlb?

the outer pins are for charging the device. I made a Prime work with a charging coil outside the watch, I placed the charge controller in the device in the lower area of the battery. There is some space here. I also managed to put the coil in the device, but it was too far away, so wireless charging didn’t work.
To make it pretty, you’d need a modified back.

2 Likes