The Kospet PRIME Official post

I know if I opened it up, I would screw it up more than it is already.

Anyone know how to reduce very loud volume of opening and closing jingle music on kospet prime 4g or to switch it off completely?

1 Like

Not got an answer for you, but I’ve got the hope and damn that things noisy :rofl:.
Hope someone has an answer I would be all over that in a flash.

1 Like

@Mark_Williams
Please return the watch.
If you haven’t made arrangements already please contact Kospet at
after-sales@kospet.com
Give them all the details of your purchase and get a replacement.

1 Like

ok, cool. In your experience, is this going to be a hassle?

Put notifications into “silent” mode before powering off. This will completely turn off the sound on powering down and when you turn it back on. Just remember to return to “normal” mode after turn the watch back on again.

4 Likes

No. If you have any problems send me a message

1 Like

See my reply to wmchikwanha.

3 Likes

Has anyone found the link for twrp root of Kospet Prime? Every lead is a dead end.

It’s in the firmware pack

In this pack.
Pull it out with 7zip.
Patched boot is in there as well

Thank you Pablo,

I flash it with adb. I get this warning:-(

FAILED (remote: not allowed in locked state)

PS C:\User…\KOSPET_PRIME_v1.5_B_20191106\image> fastboot flash recovery recovery_TWRP_Prime.img
target reported max download size of 134217728 bytes
sending ‘recovery’ (13510 KB)…
OKAY [ 4.038s]
writing ‘recovery’…
FAILED (remote: not allowed in locked state)
finished. total time: 4.063s

Did you enable USB debugging in watch settings?
Its much easier to take the scatter file and the two images and flash with SP flash tool

I used flash tool instead of adb. I renamed recovery_TWRP_Prime.img as recovery.img and used the existing MT6739_Android_scatter.txt to flash. I chose from the entire list only the renamed recovery.img and boot files to download . Then it worked. Twrp is installed. Then I used the fast boot adb to start in Twrp recovery, installed the magisk_patched.img, it is rooted!! Thank you again, Pablo.

1 Like

Glad to help
Cheers

1 Like

Ok, I got the instructions to return the watch to their Hong Kong office for replacement. I’m shipping from the USA…any advice / counsel / recommendations you can give me on shipping?

Unfortunately not really,
It is a challenge to find a company that is willing to accept watch with Li battery. Apart from DHL who will cost a fortune.
Maybe FedEx or similar carriers?
Sometimes I just don’t declare it and take the risk by just saying it is a watch… Nothing else.

1 Like

Good point . I never declare its a watch ever . If i did it would never leave the UK . I recently sent a watch from the uk to hamburg . When originally asked what it was it was it was refused . I went to a different post office and after getting confused i accidently told them it was a old collectors pocket watch :wink: . They then accepted it.

Yep sadly it is this bad

If you want to do it in a safe and proper way, remove the battery and declare it as ‘smartwatch without battery’

1 Like