The Kospet PRIME Official post

Thank you. This video shows an app which allows for android displays to be forced to rotate: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytSqbKSQuKE . I do not know this person or if this is possible on other watches but, I found it interesting and may be helpful to any LEFTIES (Not Leftist’s :slight_smile: )…

1 Like

As far as Verizon goes this is a GSM watch and Verizon does not run the GSM network. Only AT&T and T-Mobile. T-Mobile is what I use via Speed Talk Sim Cards available on Amazon for about $5 for a 30 day renewable Sim Card. Other plans are also available.

Jonathan, thank you. I have struggled with the whole “GSM vs. CDMA” thing for many years. I understand they are different networks, what I don’t understand is why manufactures can’t put CDMA radios in their products if they can put GSM Radios in them. I feel like it is some kind of artificial lock by Verizon and there should be a hack or work-around.
The worst part is, I remain loyal to Verizon because they have never left me stranded and I haven’t minded their hardware choices. Although, when I want a watch (like the Prime) I can’t use it to it’s full potential.

Don’t know if you have checked with Verizon. I use to use them and had a Casio Rugged Phone that was both CDMA their primary and GSM so it could be used world wide. I had a Sim Card for the GSM function. I suspect because Casio pushed the phone to the military because they require tougher phones that it had to be GSM so it could be used world wide. GSM is the largest standard used all over the world.

This stuff should be moved to the watch face developing area.
This is way off topic.

When I am not working I will deal with it if it’s still here.

No offence but this is about “a” particular watch and these questions are relevant to all models.

3 Likes

36 posts were merged into an existing topic: Kospet Prime firmware

the new 1.8 update is flawless. Very good battery life as well. I use it with a sim and a wifi on all the time and it beats my Samsung Note 10 plus in terms of battery efficiency (standby time).
I still wanna know if any of you figured a way to charge it properly. I struggle every time I want to charge it to place it correctly on the charger, and even when I do, some weird things happen on the screen as if someone is touching it.

1 Like

The screen problems are a grounding problem that occurs with few watches. I recommend that you only charge your watch when it is switched off to avoid damaging the display.
I hold my Prime close to the dock and let the magnets pull the dock on. In most cases, this works well.
The charging contacts are a weak point in these watches.
But maybe we can enjoy wireless charging on our fullandroid watches sometime in the not too distant future…

4 Likes

I am left handed as well, and I had to get used to change my habits and wear the watch on the left arm cause from my searches I came to the conclusion that the apps that flip the screen will have a severe impact on battery life.
I’ll happily change opinion if you’re gonna try the app yourself!

1 Like

Hello, for another update firmawre, it’s possible to fix the enter button on keyboard AOSP ? because it’s very difficult to use it at this place or change the button for more big, please, thank you

2 Likes

Jep, the same link. It’s working fine.

2 Likes

Heart rate detector has never been accurate here, it goes from 55 to 70 sometimes in two minutes. I believe it doesn’t have anything to do with the update version. Either the hardware or the application used to read the rate.

1 Like

The way I look at if you want something you can just put on and forget about then these watches are not for you. I think they’re more for hobbyists like me who actually like to tinker with them. As a hobbyist I buy many of the new models as they come out so if one of my watches craps out, and some have, it’s not so much of a loss.

4 Likes

I agree with some of that . Tinkering with these watches does make a great hobby. Saying that i go running with my prime , music and gps on and it makes a great sports watch . Pretty accurate :+1:
Couldnt do that a few years ago without bad results so progress is being made and still on a budget .

3 Likes

this post is about the Kospet Prime, mate. Your grumble about all full Android watches is therefore off topic. please use the section general. Thanks.

2 Likes

Hi,
I wounder if you remove the screen protector or leave it… I am aware that the screen isn’t gorilla glass so it might get scratched easily… Or not?

Screen is pretty tough so i wouldnt worry about this . If you leave protector on you eventually see bubbles etc .

2 Likes

I removed it the first day…

1 Like

I have removed all discussion from here about firmware updates.
If you want to talk about updating firm ware then go the correct thread.
This thread is about the watch itself - not how to update it.
I will move any firmware related posts to Kospet Prime Firmware thread
https://discourse.fullandroidwatch.org/t/kospet-prime-firmware/

6 Likes

Another app of this kind that can be useful for our Kospet is Gravity Screen. It has nice features like setting different angles to wake screen up. I just installed it, so I dont know about battery use though

PS. And it has one great feature - automatation possibility i.g. through Tasker. So you can make a shortcut with toggle to pause the service and to turn it on back :))

2 Likes