The Kospet PRIME Official post

FAW stands for ?

Full android watch

I went through the thread but excuse me if I missed some answers I need.

I have a Prime SE and I would appreciate a little help:

1. The only difference is less ROM and RAM, so if that’s the case, is the firmware the same for the Prime and Prime SE - can any statement here related to Prime be applied also to Prime SE?

2. I would like to flash TWRP, so the first question is crucial, but also, is there some tutorial that I missed for flashing TWRP, rooting and so on? I rooted almost avery phone/tablet I had, but this is my first watch, so I’m would like to be on a safe side.

Thanks!

I’d like to do the OTA 1.6 update. But my watch is on v1.5_B_20191106, and it claims I am on newest version. How can I get the 1.6 OTA ?

No, you can’t. But you can download it here in the forum and flash it.

I expect that it will be released as an OTA but as everything is closed in Shenzhen at the moment it will be delayed for some time.
The government has told everyone to stay at home in China. At first it was until the 10th of February, then it was 17th February and could be extended again.
It’s very easy to flash and for a while it is the only way to get V1. 6

1 Like

Is there/will be there any new FW update avaliable for the prime SE?
It would be really great if the screen on rising function can be improved!

1 Like

If there is a update you will find that probably wont be changed . It generally is what it is . Thanks

Okay,for all who have buy from Gearbest,the long story short: after 2 month of use(55day) my microphone start make issues.Because i am out of 45 day 100% money back guarantee,and after some misunderstand things,they have make a choice options for me:
1.return item for free repair
2.Keep the item for a partial refund 47.99 to my Gearbest Wallet
3.Keep the item for a partial refund 47.99 USD to my original payment account.
4. Keep the item and repay a small fee for a resend.(111,99USD)In this case they send a brand new watch for this price.

I choose n.o. 1. options,send the watch,they received it and after fast,2 days of testing,send respond,like this:
1.Partial refund to Wallet(95,99USD)
2. Partial refund to your original payment account(95,99USD)
3. Repay a small fee 71 USD for a resend.(brand new one)
4.(which i choose) they send me a repaired,older(how older,maximum 1-2 months?) one,which originally was not mine.

Now i wait for my package(10-25 business day),and can say Gearbest have good support assistance,fast reply,and fast issue handler.Very helpful company.Thank You!

I thinking to cange to Nova launcher.Please,who have use the Nova launcher,or other not factory launcher,tell me is it worth to change?What plus You have in the real life of usage,over the functions,you have,but not use?I use my watch standalone with sim. Thank You for answear.

So, have you settled on getting a replacement Prime?
Are you thinking of using another launcher on the Prime?
If you are, then you need to understand that anything that is not designed for a round screen will be difficult to use on a round watch.

Currently the only launcher I could recommend is Eric’s universal launcher.
Any other Round launchers are in beta and not ready for everyday use - in my opinion.

2 Likes

You’ve been braver than me, cause for the same microphone issue I chose the option 3, so I got only 47.99 back.
It would be useful to know what they did to repair it, cause I could attempt it myself, cause I’m tired of blowing into the speaker.
By the way I installed nova launcher and I recomend it, with it you can customize almost every aspect of the watch, and I am not looking back to other launchers.

Really?
That is surprising that it’s ok.
Watch faces are ok?
You use a separate app for the faces?

They say after testing the watch,they can’t repaire it.They send me back one used,but not my original one.And after all,i need the watch,because i love it,the screen size,the form,the battery life,all what i need.I send my watch to spain for repair,and i think the watch they send me,too somewhere from europe,not from china.Because now order something from china…my girlfriend order a glass protector film for xiaomi,and they say majus…not 1-2 week,…majus.
Look,i have no pain,because ok,i paid 150usd for watch,but its not a 1million dollar,and second,if the whole story goes to the wrong direction for my solution,tooday we have a weapon to fight with this,like facebook,instagram,etc.

Thanks,when my watch arrive,i go back to this question.But if i can customize what i want,i can delete a lot of apps,which was originally on the watch,not?For example,if i want just the phone funktion,i can setup just this app,and hold the watch empty,not?
But in the real life,pablo11,Roberto_Gasdia,and other,who use not factory launchers,for example,what was you changed with aftermarket launcher,which thing you can’t in the factory ones?Thanks

1 Like

No worries.
I’m glad you got it sorted out :+1:

Yeah cause I don’t need fancy watch faces, I’ve installed an app widget for the time and one for the weather.
The rest of the apps wouldn’t behave differently if I had a different launcher, google keep for instance is always going to be unusable in a round watch.

1 Like

nova launcher allows me to decide in every screen what icons go where, I can group icons in folders, or have a whole screen with my daily appointments (with calendar widget).
In the end I find it much more flexible than current launchers, but of course I’m keeping an eye on all of them

1 Like

Thanks for information.
If its help someone,i have used a rowkin earbuds with my watches,work great,but the procedure for use,its a little complicated.Take out the buds from the powerbank,push on button,on the watch search the rowkin,and push on connecting.
A week ago my airpods(the 1. version with longer stick) clone arrived from australia,which 99.99% like the original apple one.What was unbelievable for me,if you once paired the buds witn your phone,and have a incoming call,or you speak with someone under the call,and open the buds box,pull out the bud,and you are putting it in into your ear(we speak about 2-3sec.).The buds connect automatically,and you do not feel the transition.Fantastic product.In the garden a good 30m distance,indoor 9.5m accross 2 walls(30cm,38cm brick ones).
Whatever you choose,original apple,or clone ones,believe me its fantastic product.Its my experience.Thank You.

1 Like

Nova launcher is very fine for my Prime.
Just a problem: how do you receive notifications with Nova installed ?

Thx !