The Genesis - from Kronos Blade

Hey guys
Does anyone know if you can quick reply on messages @mfreund21 just like on this photo setup with nova launcher is there an app for?

@pablo11 @Dr_Andy_Vishnu @Eric_Crochemore @Jonathan_Bickel @Antonio_Myers , using vysor i was able to do a factory reset and it got rid of the lock screen. Thank you all so much for working through this with me! Your knowledge and recommendations were incredibly helpful. I absolutely love this watch, but I think the best part about it is the community of knowledgeable and helpful people that come along with it. Especially since this is my first smartwatch, let alone first full android smartwatch, you all have been incredibly valuableto me in learning about this device. I appreciate you all!

8 Likes

Are you gonna try the digits app?

I do have the app and have used it before. It works pretty well if you are connected to Wi-Fi. I thought that if I set up a new digits line with sim card for 10 bucks a month or would eliminate the need to use the app, which it does to a point. I can text and call from the same number, but full conversations do not sync on both devices without the app. So to be honest, I’ll probably just use WatchDroid while in range of my phone and textra on the occasions I leave my phone behind.

1 Like

@pablo11 Me again! Is there a way to search for a certain setting using a keyword?

Yes. You can install an apk called Settings Search.
It’s not on the play store anymore so you would need to search a site like apkpure to find it.

It’s a good tool to have.

2 Likes

This is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you!

1 Like
3 Likes

I ran into this issue on my watch it has to do with in your accessibility settings your display size needs to be taken to a smaller size, on mine I ended up turning the display up to a larger size but it made it so that some of the buttons were off the edges of the screen and not usable so had to adjust it smaller

2 Likes

Thanks… That might be it.
There are several ways to do this. But remote control with vysor is great way to get back to normal.

What I wrote to Jason and he asked me to write in here:

Hi Jason,

I have started to get issues with my Genesis and I hope, you can help me, like you did with my Janus watch, which I now use again.

I have tried to factory reset the watch about 10 times, cause my battery also went too quickly (I could see the bluetooth went wild).

First my Genesis watch stopped working with the heartrate monitor and yesterday, I just could not turn the watch on. I now tried both wireless charger and
the charger cord. The Watch will not charge or turn on. Sometimes I see it start charging, but then it stops again.

Do you have any suggestions? Ex. a Software or something?

I hope to hear from you soon

@smile2lee Make sure the watch is not warm and then press and hold both buttons for 30-50 seconds.
This sometimes forces a battery trip to disable and starts the watch.

If this does not help please give us as much info as possible and we will try to work through it with you.

Also the Font Size can effect screen visibility. I don’t normally change display size but do enlarge font size. So sometimes I have to reduce it back to see the whole screen.

1 Like

Yes. Very true @Jonathan_Bickel

The issue with my Genesis is right now, that I can not turn the watch on.

I tried with both my wrist chargers and both socket chargers, so I have tried 4 different chargers.

I tried holding both buttons in for over 1 minute. Nothing happens.

Sometimes I see the battery sign, then the Kronos logo and then the wrist charger stops and the display goes dark again.

I have uploaded the 3 pics, that shows you, what I am seeing

@smile2lee yes I see.
Can you try and use the independent USB cable that connects directly to the watch. No charging dock.
See what happens then when you connect the USB cable to a laptop or PC.

If the watch powers on in any of these situations - please power it off again and monitor the charging.

The other thing I notice is that in all pictures you don’t have the USB power cable attached to your charging dock.

Have you tried using the charging dock with the USB power cable plugged in to both a power source and the dock?

As I said before, we will work though each step one by one and see what happens.

Cheers.

1 Like

Yes, I have tried with my USB cable attached to the wrist dock and yes I have tried connecting directly to the watch with the independent USB cable to different power sources.

Now I tried to use the USB cable to my both my laptops (private and work) and on my private laptop I got the red battery again og the display went dark again. I also tried different PC USB ports.

Yesterday I also tried with tons of different powerbanks, I have.

Still no continueing charging on watch.

@smile2lee Ok, one more thing.
Can you connect the watch to a laptop or PC with the “direct attach” USB cable and leave it for a few hours please?

Then update us with the results afterwards.
We are looking for this:
a) is it warm to touch?
b) has it taken any charge at all?

All the information get is extremely important.
Thanks.
Pablo11.

2 Likes

The watch has been in my laptop, since I wrote last.

I will keep you updated.

So it has been 3 hours and there is no charge at all
The watch is semi warm ish