The Genesis - from Kronos Blade

@pablo11 I did go into the screen lock options for the watch in settings and all screen lock options are set to off. This is what makes me think it has to do with nova launcher. Any other ideas on what to check?

@mfreund21 Ok, then it must be Nova.
You can either remove nova and reinstall or search nova settings for it.

I never use nova because unlike a few other enthusiasts - I prefer to keep it simple and use stock.

@pablo11 I actually removed nova and it was still there. I went to do a factory data reset and it’s asking for the lock code again but the entire pattern isn’t visible so I can’t enter the pattern for the rest. Are you familiar with this settings screen and how to change it? I’m guessing this lock pattern is what’s causing the initial issue

If you long press the top button do you get the option menu that allows you to use the square screen? It also has power off and restart on the same menu

@pablo11 yup I tried that too and it doesn’t change the orientation of this screen at all. I feel like it has something to do with this settings menu. Do you know what this is? Does this come on the watch or was it something I must’ve downloaded?

If you cannot access the watch then you will have to flash the firmware in the Genesis Firmware thread.

So you can access the watch?

@mfreund2 if you can go into the watch then yes that is the stock settings app.
You press on it and scroll down to “more” and then access face unlock and turn it off.
You might have to access Screen unlock settings first

@pablo11 yes I can access the watch, and I know the pattern to the lockscreen, I just want to get rid of the lock screen altogether. However it is not the lock screen in the system optimization settings so I could not figure out how to get rid of it. All lock screen settings in the normal settings (gear icon) are set to off. I was going to just do a factory reset but when I choose that option it requires me to enter the lock pattern but it doesn’t show me the whole area to enter the pattern and switching the screen orientation does not help. I feel like it has to do with the settings (watch face icon) in the picture below. I tried to go into these settings and saw no option either. I also went to Uninstall applications and this icon wasn’t listed in the list of apps to uninstall. I’m stumped haha

1 Like

@mfreund21 As I said above.
Press that settings icon
Scroll down to More.
Open Screen lock settings and disable the screen lock.

@mfreund21 if the settings are off on the watch (Screen Unlock Settings) then check that you have not got Google screen lock enabled.

@pablo11 Oh that might be it. How do i check Google screen lock? There is no “more” or “screen lock” settings under this settings icon. Only under the gear icon which is already turned off. See video below

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1J2eOIOT5jPlV5SX_B795LMBOGiCPb2oa/view?usp=drivesdk

Thanks mate but I think he says he has tried it.
I can’t see the same issue on my sample.
Screen is fairly bright…

Something tells me that you have done something strange here because the settings icon looks like this.
Not like yours.

So I suggest that you flash the firmware.

Yea i have 2 settings icons. One looks like the one in your picture and the other like the one in my picture. Not sure where the second one came from

I think you should flash the firmware. This should solve your problem.

1 Like

Yes, as I said - flash the firmware.
It’s not difficult if you follow the steps.

Yes , i missed that :wink: