The Genesis - from Kronos Blade

@cabeleira
Looks good i will try it too
Hows your battery so far good?

As far as I know there is no option to buy two SIMs with the same number. The only way to do it with T-Mobile is to buy a data SIM for $10/month and use the Digits program to link the existing number. So to me, it should make sense that if the number is linked, everything should sync between all devices. However this doesnt seem to be the case, at least for me.

@mfreund21

This from tmobile netherlands

With a duo sim you have two SIM cards for one mobile number. Handy, because you never have to switch SIM cards if you use a second device or a car kit, for example. You order a duo sim for ā‚¬ 35.59 via My T-Mobile. Note: duo sim does not work in combination with PrePaid or

ā€œ is this what you are using?

Hmm, I think its a bit different in the US. So what I believe they do is essentially open up a new line but then map your existing number to that new line with a program that they call Digits. Its not exactly a clone of the same SIM card which it sounds like the duo sim option would be. Which i would 100% use that option if it were available. But everything i looked into with TMobile in the US, it seemed like the digits route was the only way to go.

"Data with Paired DIGITS plan. All calls and texts made from the wearable come from your primary cell phone number. All incoming calls and texts to your phoneā€™s number will ring both your phone and your wearable. Our standard plan includes 512 Kbps for only $10/month with Autopay. "

1 Like

@mfreund21 i see its a bit different yes
I hope it will come also to us
Its a good option here in the netherlands
Also great for smartwatch use

1 Like

I have it for a week, first two days it lasted for 5 to 6 hours of moderate use, and now Iā€™m getting around 10 hours. Hopefully itā€™ll get even better.

Speaking of SIM cards, does anyone know why I keep having to reset my phone network operator in Settings? Sometimes (not every time) whenever I have rebooted the watch I have wondered why I am unable to send a message or make a call only to find that network operator is no longer registered in Settings and I have to re-do the search for an operator in order to connect again.

I have downloaded the zip file for LG sports refined watchface. and put it into my clockskin folder.
Could you tell me how to install it?
Thanks in advance

@DirkDH Unzip it so that it is a regular folder and put it in the clockskin folder and then reboot.
After reboot you can just long press on the watch face you are already using and scroll to the left until you see the face you want and tap on it.
Done.

Thanks , got it but trying to figure out how to change the panels inside of the watch face. When I hit ''messages; it doesnā€™t open whatsapp
Any ideas?

It was designed to open the stock messages app. So if you have changed it then it wonā€™t recognise it.
If you visit the watch making section of this forum you can find everything you need to know. Including software, hundreds of watch faces and plenty of information on how to do these things.
Just have a look around. :+1:

1 Like

Question for the nova launcher experts. Is this lock screen part of nova launcher? If so, how do i turn it off? I went in the general lock screen settings of the watch and couldnt find a way to remove it.

I see a few issues with the brightness controlā€¦

But on my unit at 100% brightness the screen is too dark. The smaller text on some apps/pages is fuzzy and almost impossible to read.

Iā€™ve tried a couple of apps including Dr Vā€™s G-drive app posted in this thread. Nothing seems to help. Iā€™ve checked adaptive/auto is offā€¦ and tried most of the settings Iā€™m aware of to alleviate this issue.

There used to be an app that could increase the default 100% setting up to {I think} ~125%. Itā€™s been years since Iā€™ve used it, so Iā€™ve forgotten its name.

Am I alone in this? Does anyone else think the screen is too dark when not outside?
Other than the paid app, LUX, does anyone know/use a brightness app that increases the factory limit?

Thx for reading folks!!!

https://streamable.com/45hg1l

A WIP on my Genesis watchface

1 Like

Hey P

Does this firmware address the screen brightness being a bit too low?

E

If you go to the watch menu and look for the System Optimisation item - you will find screen lock options in there

Hi mate,
There is only one firmware at the moment.
They are supposed to be sending an OTA soon but it is all up to the factory.

They need to increase the nit on the max brightā€¦? Possible?

E

It was discussed several times before here on this forum about T-Mobile and Digits. They do not connect directly but through an internet connection. That is why the data does not flow directly from one device to the other. As I understand for example your response to a text that you send from the watch is not displayed on the watch but is only available in the digits app on the phone.

Actually, just checked mine and the brightness seems perfectly fineā€¦ Which is a worry.

Do you have an example you can send me so that I can test it on mine?

Cheers