The Genesis - from Kronos Blade

As I said above in another post - ask Mr Ticks about US Sim cards.
He has confirmed TMobile is working and so I believe you will be fine.
But jump on to his review posted above and leave him a message.

1 Like

The best we (US market) can hope for with these watches is band 12(700mhz). While 66(2300mhz) and 71(600mhz) would be great they are only used in US. In fact, band 12 is primarily used in US and itā€™s territories. In all cases, the lower the frequency, the more the signal will penetrate or the further the signal will travel.

Sidenote: LTE Band 3(1800mhz) has the widest global implementation.

Source: https://gsacom.com/paper/band-3-1800-mhz-jan2019/

So friends,
what should i buy (For me it is interessting only 4g (no Wlan, no BLT, no GPS))
Prime or Blade
Hard decision

Noone had tested the Genesis at the moment. Not possible to answer your question now. Sorry.

1 Like

All new watches have bt , wifi , gps and 4g ? As @G1NT0N1C said we have not tested this yet .

Your basing this on the information on the Kronos web site Iā€™m assuming. I saw the information also but the watch is in pre-preduction and Iā€™m confident that the final product will be like all the other 7.1 watches and trust Mr. Ticks. I have one on order.

you might as well base the decision on which design you like the most

1 Like

This is the second time Hans has posted ā€œ(For me it is interessting only 4g (no Wlan, no BLT, no GPS)).ā€
Not sure where he is getting that information because it obviously false. It doesnā€™t even make sense since it is included on all these watches, 5.1 to 7.1.

I think Hans means that the only thing that is important for him is 4G.
At least I think this is what he means.

Anyway LTE bands available are:

How do we know this?
Well, apart from asking Mr Ticks the board is the M6739 board from Wiitee and they all use the same bands.
The Prime
The LEM series
Zeblaze,
And Kronos are all using the same configuration and the internal PCBs are all made by the same company and use the same configuration.
@Hans_Broker,
As far as choosing a preferred model - thatā€™s up to you.
Everyone has different preferences and choices.
We should not be recommending, rather we just try to give information that can enable choices to be made.

5 Likes

Wow, been a lot happening here. Well as for 4G bands and all, I donā€™t know which ones Iā€™m using but Iā€™ve got a full 4 bars with a T-Mobile SIM (that $5/month one I list in the show notes of all my Android smartwatch videos) and it works fine. Iā€™m getting about 20MB down and 3-5MB up data when testing. Youā€™ll see an incoming call test in one of the videos below.

As for that always on screen thing, thereā€™s two videos up no explaining it. The first is using that Power Saver mode we all have access to with a long press on the power button. The second is by way of using a 3rd party app for a different approach. Both work, and now the dance is to figure out what impact they have on battery life. Here are the video links below. Now if any of you guys have ā€œtimeā€ on your hands to try and do some battery testing, weā€™d all appreciate it. Iā€™m working with the ā€œAlways on AMOLEDā€ app with the Prime, AWatch SE, and Genesis, all watches set to Airport mode to maximize the values. Pablo11 will be happy to know that the image jumps around on the screen frequently to avoid screen damage as none of these watches have AMOLED screens. Not true for the Power Savings method, and the video discloses a way to override the 30 min max screen timeout, so OUCH!

OK, letā€™s see if I can post these links here.

9 Likes

What is the screen dpi of the kronos blade genesis??

1 Like

I did not explained myself very well
I am not using this functions all day long (only sometimes)
:wink:
For meā€¦and that would be my personal usecaseā€¦i need as a main usage the 4g function of the watch and the ā€œrestā€ only if the situation will need it (like updating big data, sports with blt headphone and so on)
During the night i switch the watch into airplane mode (because during sleep i do not need a ā€œfull connectedā€ watch

I find the display from the genesis compared to the prime interessting
Prime has a bigger batteryā€¦but maybe with regards to the display and my usage they are and the end of the day in the same battery lifetimeā€¦

Looking forward to read some user experience from genesis users

Cheers my friends

4 Likes

Good to know this. I also ordered one recently, and waiting for it to be shipped.

1 Like

Thank you for this clarification. Unfortunately, the Kronos web site was the only reference available.

2 Likes

Very cool to read everyones comments here. You guys are very knowledgeable about the the Smartwatches, so great to read your comments.
There was a lot of thought that went into the design. From reflective screens to size of the wrist bands to charging dock styles, to size of battery. Many small little things that all has to work and come together. One has to understand that my watch was more in line so the watch was and is practical to use for everyone to use , small, tall, fat or skinny. I did not want a heavy bulky watch that after a while you can feel it on your wrist, a complaint I heard from many people. I had a to find a fine line between comfortable wearing to longevity of battery. What I found while selling the Janus was that it was a software issue and heat issue. This was causing the Janus to last 5 to 6 hours. What I suspected was when they tried to jam a bigger battery there was no room inside for it. The smaller battery was lasting longer in the Janus.
So what I ask my factory to do was to install bigger battery in Genesis but make room for it, so hot temperature can dissipate. Software and Heat issue apparently fixed, this watch with heavy use lasted easily a day for me. From the time I wake up at 7 til about 10 pm, no problem and just plopped it on the Charging dock for a recharge before I went to bed. I never ran out of juice, but if I did I had the portable charger. So was not worried at ALL about the watch running out of juice. Zero! I have to ask the nay sayers a question? What 4G Android smartwatch you walk out of your house and you donā€™t have to worry about power?
The Genesis you always have the portable power bank that you wear for 30-60 mins and then you definitely good! For the remainder of the day! Even if you are that crazy super heavy user. But I bet 90 percent of you will not have to use the portable charging dock during the day. As I never had too. If you have a SIM in it and use Bluetooth along with listening to music all day, then you have the charging dock to get U threw the day!
Thanks for every ones input! This is a new way of thinking and managing an Android Smartwach, without having a big bulky device on your wrist, all day!
This website is really cool!

10 Likes

Jason is spot on with this. I just ran my Genesis for 24 hours straight under normal load with one single half hour boost from the dock (while still wearing the watch). At the end of 24 hours I slapped the dock back on (which charged between times) and pumped it back up to 67%. My willingness to have and use this simple dock has given me an Android smartwatch that will never run out of power as long as I boost it once or twice a day. Sure, itā€™s a little bit of extra work, but itā€™s better than dragging a huge battery on your arm all the time. My recommendation would be to order an extra Booster Dock to have at work and one at home or with you in your pocket. Keep them charged, and drop them under the watch when you hit about 20% for as long as is comfortable for you.

8 Likes

Thanks guys,
This is perfectly in line with my own comments and you have expanded on it.
One thing that is also a massive improvement on this model is the reflective screen.
I just canā€™t stress enough what a difference this makes in daylight.
Itā€™s fantastic.
People who may have used the 3G Thor Pro will know what Iā€™m talking about.
Excellent :+1::+1:

10 Likes

does cause permanent burn in damage to IPS screens

Just to make it clear but IPS screens DO NOT burn in. The reason why always-on screens use AMOLED is because black pixels on AMOLED screens are turned off, meaning that it will draw less power. An IPS panel has a uniform backlight that is on if the display is on, meaning that it has to light the entire display even if you are displaying only a few pixels on the entire screen. IPS LCD screens are a much more mature technology than AMOLED screens, and it is known that they last much longer than AMOLED screens. The organic pigments in OLED screens degrade (especially blue elements) and they can cause burn in relatively quickly.

TLDR: IPS displays do not have a risk of permanent damage or burn-in from being kept on, but AMOLED screens DO over the long term (3-4 years)

1 Like

Well, thatā€™s cool.
But we have members here who have had exactly this issue with non amoled screens.
So, rather than go on about the technical ins and outs of the possibilities - we advise against it because weā€™re aware that it has happened.

As always though - itā€™s a customer choice.
All we can do is make recommendations and we donā€™t recommend trying to keep the screen all the time on for any other watches other than the M6739 amoled models which have kernel support for this function - and have no reports of image burn.

Just to be clear.

7 Likes

Hereā€™s a bit more on the Genesis by way of a comparison with the Kospet Prime. Hope to have more on this in a Part 2 soon.

7 Likes