The Genesis - from Kronos Blade

This problem is similar to thor5pro. The back cover is not closed so sweat can enter the watch.

Excellent :+1::+1:
Thanks for sharing

Seems to be an easy fix IF you never intend to take out the SIM Card (which I don’t)
A small bead of sealant around the SIM card cover.

Is it?
Has someone confirmed that there is no gasket?
Strange because the Sim cover is definitely closed.
The issue has been fed back to the factory.
I must have missed something… :disappointed:

2 Likes

I have the gasket on mine. I also didn’t find any plastic covers over display or cameras. Perhaps their Quality Control checked my watch before shipping.

1 Like

Pablo11
I downloaded and installed a couple of file managers to try and delete the boot animation sound but cannot change the read only attributes because I am not rooted.
Only reason I would want to root it is perhaps I can get an app such as TUNE-IN to be able to be installed. Any ideas???

Thanks very much for the report @DirkDH
This is very important to us because we need statistics for feedback to the factory.

Just for curiosity… The mother board itself has been treated and is water proof.
However, salt water (sweat) will pretty much damage anything.

Anyway, basically the bottom line is that if the gasket is missing please let us know.
This product was not and is not advertised as waterproof.
It is what they call “life proof” this basically means splash proof and able to withstand day to day living.

Anyway, please keep feedback coming but equally please don’t speculate about possible issues if you don’t have the watch.

Cheers

Pablo

6 Likes

Only way is to flash twrp recovery and magisk manager.
In other words you need root access because the directory is read only

I would like to do that in time if you could email full instructions but no hurry.
I am still getting accustomed to the device.

Yep, plenty of time to discuss that at some point in the future :+1:

1 Like

I can confirm : my Genesis has a gasket too. There was only a plastic cover on the heartrate sensor, no ones on the cameras ( as shown in the video from smartwatch ticks ), and there is a big one on the display . Should I remove this too ?

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback,

You only remove the one on the main screen if it has paper tab on it.
Otherwise I would leave it because it actually really does protect the screen.

4 Likes

thanks Pablo,
this plastic cover on the screen seems to be bigger than the other, and ok, if it protects the display I will leave it there.

It seems that if moisture is entering through the sim compartment, a well placed piece of Scotch tape would prevent this.

1 Like

I used black electrical tape on my kospet hope never any problem.Ill do the same when i get my Genesis

3 Likes

No one is as of yet saying it is but as a precaution some users use tape . Especially if taking sim out lots of times

1 Like

I think i have received a broken watch
Currently the battery charging level stops @90% (first use of charging it was 94%)
I have several times reset the watch
Nothing improved
I am not able to fully charge the battery to 100%
So sad…

Have you let the battery run competely empty before re-charging . Is there any difference to the displayed percentage when charging with the watch turned on and off . I’m pretty sure your watch is not broken.

No
I normally start charging at about 10%
Regards

Okay . Try emptying the battery completly a few times and see if it improves . Leave watch off when charging