The Genesis - from Kronos Blade

I can not put into words how much I missed your positive and life affirming nature! Thank you so much!

8 Likes

Nobody is making you buy it. To each their own.

7 Likes

:rofl::rofl: Ha ha ha ha ha

fuuz asked some interesting questions. I would like to know the answers too.

2 Likes

Well, I’m not sure what “power mode screen on” is? :thinking:
If you mean can you take a call while the screen is on - then all the watches including this one can do this.

I would guess he is talking about power saving mode. In @SmartWatch_Ticks’ review it seemed that always on display is only activated during power saving, so I believe that’s the reason for calling it “power mode screen on”

1 Like

Ah I see.
Well in that case I suppose it would be best to ask Mr Ticks.

yeah, I did not know that. now I do.
thank you so much

sorry, I kind of typed it in a funny way.
what I meant is that one"power saving" mode when only digital time and battery % is shown on the screen.
mr. Ticks seemed to switch that mode on and off pretty easy and it didn’t look like he had to restart or anything (like we had to with the old “dual processor” watches) which made me think that there is a slight chance that phone calls would come through even when the watch is in power saving mode.
which would be great :slight_smile:

that’s the way I roll mate :crazy_face:
you have a good one

1 Like

Ok, I understand.
The power saving mode gave the appearance of having the digital clock display always on.
However it remains on for only a minute or so. If the lower button is pressed twice it will make the digital clock appear again for a minute or so.

So two things:
There is no “always on screen” mode for this type of screen. (this is why I was confused at first). So the Genesis does not support Always On. Zeblaze has produced a watch with an IPS screen that can be forced to stay on. However, the rule is to never use this function if the screen is NOT amoled. No matter what anyone says it can and does cause permanent burn in damage to IPS screens.

Secondly, no - cannot receive calls in extreme power saving mode (which is what Mr Ticks was demonstrating). In this mode the watch has no access to any communication services. This is by design.

Hope this helps.

2 Likes

yeah, I thought so, still I was hoping that what I thought was wrong
thanks

Im considering preordering this watch to add to my collection. I was hoping it might even become my main over the DM100 / Fossil Gen 5 combo i usually rock. Runtime is still a big question, im hoping its inbetween, closer to the lemfo than the fossil but info is scarce…

1 Like

The whole point of having a simple, small power dock which has a built in 780mah battery (the same size as the watch battery) is so you don’t need to worry about battery running out.

If you are really desperate you can even wear the charging dock.

I think I’ve heard it said a few times now that with normal to light usage - the battery inside the watch would last around a day and a half.
With heavier use you could expect a day.

But like I said, the whole point of the pocket dock / battery pack is that this is no longer an issue.

If you can carry the ear bud power bank you don’t have to worry about power for at least a few days…

2 Likes

If you buy one we will be more than happy to provide you with many battery saving techniques👍

2 Likes

Dear Pablo,

I understand you are developing the software for our watches and especially the one for the Kronos.

Is it possible to add a sleep tracker to the power saving mode?
The watch is then measuring movement and heartbeat anyways and it’s something that every fitness band can do nowadays, isn’t it?

That way it would really save energy at night and still conveniently track your sleep based on movement and heartrate…

I would be so very pleased with this feature in a software update to our android 7 watches…

2 Likes

The only feature i’m jealous of is the frontfaced camera (laughs in 1260mAh :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: ). That portable charge thing could be done in any smartwatch, it’s cool! But not really a feature of the watch itself.

The absence of LTE B12 is hopefully a typo. That kills its use in the US.

1 Like

Yeah… US LTE bands listed are 2,5,41. While band 2 is common between VZ, AT&T & TMo, it’s a PCS band (1900mhz I think) which means it will not penetrate buildings. Band 41 is Sprint only, good luck with that;-) Band 5 is common to the big three but I’m having difficulty determining where it is used. I know TMo uses it only in South Carolina, I’m not sure about VZ or AT&T. In short, not one primary band for any US provider is on this device. If not by design, then major oversight, IMHO.

Hi friends,
is there any knowledge yet what the battery is about?
For me it is interessting only 4g (no Wlan, no BLT, no GPS)
Taking a look to the facts it should be less than Prime, isn’t it?
Thanks

1 Like