The Genesis - from Kronos Blade

If splash & water proof are required, maybe use an eSIM in the next device.

1 Like

I need to understand what people are doing here.
This has never been a problem.
Unless you leave the watch on the dock overnight with no USB cable attached… Because then the watch will charge and then discharge because all the power in the dock has been used.

The dock is designed for a portable backup power system. Short charge. You can use it for longer charging as long as it is connected to a power source.
It also has a little button on the top and if this is pressed it will stop charging.
If you are at home with a power source you should use the direct attach USB cable. It’s always the best option at home.

2 Likes

this is only for precaution i never had any issues with moist either, apart from that these android watches never been known for excellent fitness watches , if you want a real good fitness watch buy a Garmin ,apple or samsung, then compare the price. and after that useabilty good luck to skype,fb,messenger,e-mailing, google assistance ,etc on a 300 up usd watch and most important for many even forgot to mention 2 cameras wow

1 Like

Hi pablo agreed maybe there should be FAQ or some videos with easy to follow tutorials on the youtube linked to this site. i charged my watch twice on the portable dock from 40- 50 % to 100% without recharging the dock works like a charm .now im testing the watch how long i can go on both docks (portable dock and ear buds dock ) im already going since 1.00 am my time last night no sleep tracker , sim card inserted quiet mode since i woke up received 2 calls wifi on and listening to spotify all morning and im still on 29 % after 10,5 hours im sure i can cover 24 hours with easily both docks at hand and using it as a stand alone watch with at least 10000 steps walking a day IMHO EXCELLENT

@Glitterfart Yep, I’m going to look into this.
Just remember that we do this in our spare time and we have full-time day jobs. So it may take some time.
We support many devices but have never had to address so many questions like this ever before.

We don’t get paid for this and this site survives purely on donations.

We will see what we can do to help people more and I think I’ll talk to Mr Ticks about posting his setup videos.

2 Likes

New topic regarding setup created here Genesis - first steps and setup
Some useful videos…

1 Like

agreed im certainly in to help im not a videomaker but maybe some short videos would be a solution for many . but im occupied up to my neck and busy to arrange my move back to Belgium on june 8th

Any help you can give is very much appreciated.
This is a community after all
We all learn from, and help each other as we grow :+1::+1::+1:

1 Like

@troutbum Can you try pressing both top and bottom buttons down for 15 to 20 seconds and see what happens please?

I have hairy arms and they get very sweaty when I run. So taping up the sim cover is an added proctection foe peace of mind to avoid any moisture seeping in. In the past I uses to have a Suunto for trail running.

Full android watches still have a long way to go. Hopefully with the rising popularity, there will be further improvement in the next generations.

1 Like

@Floyd_Slip Thanks for the feedback.
The restrictions that people like Jason face when dealing with the factories in Shenzehn are very significant.

This is one of the reasons why the Genesis was never advertised as water proof.
It’s impossible to achieve without hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Having said that, the little gasket provided for the Sim card cover should be enough.
But It seems that this is not the case for 2 people.

I think it is important to understand that this issue has only happened to 2 people out of 500.!! One of these is now working fine as stated by @Lee_Shaw - one of the two people affected.

2 Likes

and here are some experiences about batteries:
So far I had no problems with charging ( with the dock and with the cable), but since the last two charges not more than 87% are possible.
Remedy : I let the smartwatch run down to 0%, then recharged and the 100% is possible again. Hopefully it will stay that way now.

Thanks for the update @mgk :+1::+1:

it also depends on the docks battery size its 700 mA if im not wrong the watch a bit more so the portable dock must be 100% charged to fully charge the watch . reckon most watch/phone batteries got a memory to it plugged to many chargers the memory can be a bit off showing the correct percentage

cant fill up a 10 l bucket if one only got 9 l
its not rocket science

thx for the update

If by fully charge the watch did you mean to 100%? Based on my experience, while documenting the charge life cycle on FB the portable dock only provides about a 70% charge. I believe this is also what Mr. Ticks said in his video. So the only time it would provide a full charge is if you started at 30% or higher.

I played some pickup basketball yesterday and while I did not wear my genesis while I played, I put it on right after and was fairly sweaty. I did not have any issues with moisture seepage.

Also a note, while i confirmed that mine has the rubber gasket, my SIM card hasn’t come in yet so I was waiting to put tape on the back. So this result was with the gasket but without tape. So far I am very pleased with this watch!

2 Likes

Yes that is true. Normally I started charging at 30-35 %

Do you know if there is a way to sync my genesis with the Samsung email application from my phone? I only ask because I have my work email on my phone via companyportal and outlook so my Gmail and outlook are both pulled into my samsung app on my phone. I’d just like to sync these to my watch so that I can view both my work meeting schedule from outlook and my business appointments and personal events from my Google calendar on mt genesis

I’m not sure. I have a Samsung phone but don’t use their email platform. Is the app available to install the Samsung email app on your watch? I use watch droid and I just checked the Samsung Email app does show up in the notifications as one you can select to receive notifications from. I believe this will only allow you to possibly receive the emails to read on your watch.

Yup i am getting the reminder notifications via WatchDroid which works great. I was just experimenting with Nova Launcher last night and you have the ability to add a calendar widget to a page of choosing. However right now my genesis only shows my Gmail. I did do a Google search for the Samsung app but wasn’t sure if the sites I found were reputable so was reluctant to download.