Thank you for the Prime 2

Was the --------- Thread Locked ---------- really that offensive? :thinking:

What’s that old saying? Seems legit?

Amusing nonetheless.

1 Like

Ok , forgetting all the other nonsense (probably due to the current full Moon) and moving on I’d ask what your last post is referring to? I don’t seem to know what you are asking. Related to Chrome?
More details and I’ll try to answer.

2 Likes

I was just pointing out the green internet explorer icon next to chrome. I will work on being straight forward and avoid using any internet slang I’ve may have picked up.

I was just saying the software looks bootleg.

Thanks for your willingness to help. Right now I’m trying different launchers and ways to interface with the device to make controlling it much more easier.

Having hardly ever used Internet Explorer that one slipped right by me. Used Opera browser since the early / mid 90’s. Finally gave Opera up when it got bought out and found better alternatives. But yeah putting that icon in Chrome is a bit amusing.

The universal launcher allows the use of icon packs to change the icons. Unfortunately, Stocklauncher does not offer this option.

I’ve tried UL and some of the apps wouldn’t execute when I tapped on them. The launcher itself looks good and promising though.

1 Like

I’m still on board here. Work has been kicking my butt this month but at least I’ll have a much needed workstation so I can interface with the Prime 2 better. I’ve found the perfect watch band so it doesn’t look so over sized on the stock one. I’ll share pics soon.

I understand the golden rule of forums is search thoroughly before asking something that’s probably been answered numerous times in other threads.

However… I must ask you bright folks for a favor and help save these tired eyes some time with some questions.

Has there been a custom recovery mod like TWRP for the Prime 2?

Has anyone or is anybody working on a custom ROM to remove any bloat and to enhance the performance of the device?

Seeing that unlocking the bootloader is an actual option (which is very pleasing) I’m sure mods and custom ROMs are most definitely an option.

Thanks in advance.

Sure…build us a custom ROM…I’m sure we all have suggestions for you. Also be sure to get TWRP working too, oh…and root access needs to be done.

OR…you could be really useful and donate to the devs that put their OWN personal time, away from friends and family, to help those that can’t do these things themselves. Most of the “helpers” on this site have been following full android watches for years…some a decade+.

Join, be cool and appreciate those who are willing to give you (as you mentioned…their precious time!!)

I’m sorry what ever life choices you made have you so miserable. I don’t recall being disrespectful but merely asking a few questions. Perhaps reading and re-reading will better help your responses in life.

And your choices. :grin:

Oh and I plan on donating at the end of this month. Not that I owe you an explanation.

Unless🤔

Admins are using alt accounts and having a good time playing Everyman.

Nah. They wouldn’t do that.

I apologize for my snarky reply. I’ve seen your contributions and respect what I saw. I just got deja vu from past GNU and Linux forums and would like to get past the “size up the new guy” evaluation.

1 Like

No more ego please. I am here to learn and help anyway I can.

For what its worth we get very litte donations . We dont get enough to pay for the forum . Thats why we now have the ads that we didnt have before . Hopefully this may bridge the gap to keep things going . We do have one member and one member only who donates every month who we are very gratefull for . This isnt a sales pitch but at least you now know . A lot of people have come on here before giving us grief even though we do it for free .

1 Like

If I may ask, what would be a fair contribution and how often? I definitely would like to support this cause. The Prime 2 would’ve never existed without it.

Nothing wrong with setting the standards on the amount of operating income it would take to keep things running smoothly. It’ll help members know what they should be contributing in an effort to help ensure the further success of this website.

And please don’t attack me for this suggestion, but it would be nice to get away from a forum UI and have something more like social media. This website does work on mobile devices but navigation can be a bit confusing.

The best size watch strap to compliment the watches size.

3 Likes

Impossible to answer really . I will leave this to you . Anything is appreciated . I think it would be unfair for us to ask for certain amounts :+1:

1 Like