Screen is moving on it self, no touch recognized on bottom

After 3 moth of wearing, i have some problems. The screen can not be controlled at the bottom by touch (unfortunately the area of the “OK”-button, so i can’t for expample update the weather or anything else which uses at that position a button). Screen makes independent selections, wiping movements, etc. (see attached giff). The watch was not worn wet, only normally wearing…

Any Ideas/advices?

Thanks & best regards,

chris

SelfClicking&Moving

Have you flashed the new firmware? Then factory reset…

Thank you for the reply.

I have not updated the watch by myself, but i got a OTA update… After the OTA-Update serveral days later the watch started to do such funny things. I can’t select the factory reset, because the button for it, is located at the screen position, which will not work (can’t select factory reset, touch is not recognised)… The not working screen-are is locatet from upper the the compass until the bottom (have a look at the picture (gif)). I can only choose “reset DRM”…

Jul 30, 2018 12:17:31 GMT 1 chris4you said:

Thank you for the reply.

I have not updated the watch by myself, but i got a OTA update… After the OTA-Update serveral days later the watch started to do such funny things. I can’t select the factory reset, because the button for it, is located at the screen position, which will not work (can’t select factory reset, touch is not recognised)… The not working screen-are is locatet from upper the the compass until the bottom (have a look at the picture (gif)). I can only choose “reset DRM”…

even if you turn off and on the watch?

Hi, to turn the watch off is also impossible. You can select “reboot” or “switch of”, but then the “OK-Button” appears in the not selectable area, so the touch is not recognised… It’s a sad thing… I simple can’t also do a factory reset to give the watch back… all private date etc. are stored on it… it’s something like a “death-lock”… In the evening i will try to do flash it, the problem is, how can i switch off the watch? If i press long time the button, it only will restart and not stay off… Could i try to put the watch fast on the usb-loader, just befor it boots up (after i pressed the button for a long period of time, so it will restart)? Or is it better to do so with the watch already on the usb-loader?

Jul 31, 2018 9:35:41 GMT 1 chris4you said:

do'nt flash the watch before you can turn it off and see if it is just need a reboot, if still continue then i'll show you what to do to flash it, if you can open the back and carefully disconnect the battery then leave it off for a while then reconnect the battery reboot the watch and see what happens if it will happen again then i'll show you what to do to flash it.

Hi, okay will try to open it an disconnect the battery fora while…

Here we go…

Watch

Battery Disconeted:

Next step… I’ve waited for 15 minutes, assembled the watch, but nothing had changed… You can see the screen sliding in and out (upper screen and then lower screen)…

(After this the watch selected a new watchface… but the memory consumtion of the gif is to high, therefor only short sequences are recorded…

Aug 1, 2018 10:10:19 GMT 1 chris4you said:

Next step… I’ve waited for 15 minutes, assembled the watch, but nothing had changed… You can see the screen sliding in and out (upper screen and then lower screen)…

(After this the watch selected a new watchface… but the memory consumtion of the gif is to high, therefor only short sequences are recorded…

ok, now try to falsh the watch, if you are able to make a reset before flashing better.

So i just disconnect the battery once more, connect it, assemble the watch and put it in loader-unit, while the unit is connected to the pc and flashtool is already running and waiting for download (or upgrade; Which is safer?). Right? Which version should i flash, 2.4 or 2.5?

chris4you

better v2.5

Done. After several tries i’ve managed to flashe 2.5. Now i’m stuck with the setup, because the touchscreen only works on the left side to about the middle (that is new), on the other (right) side no more touches are detected. in the lower third it doesn’t work either (that is the “old” error"). I can select the correct language, but I can’t confirm it with “OK”, because the button is in the unrecognized area. In short, the clock is now completely useless… I can’t perform the previous trick with a Bluetooth keyboard, because I can’t switch it on (because i already stuck in the setup)…No smartwatch was that bad of durability, my old k88 is still running (over 1 year)… the LEM7 didn’t even last 3 months…

I will now Em-Mail the dealer and see what can be done… Thanks a lot for the help and good luck to the others, where the screen is also crazy…

Hi @soniasophie9697 and @chris4you ,

I have the comparable behaviour. I had sealed the watch’s SIM card top as described somewhere here in the forum to protect it from sweat while doing sports.
Yesterday after sport, the watch stopped reacting on the touch screen in the lower right corner. I switched off / on flight mode and now the watch expects the SIM PIN.
The buttons “9” and “ok” do not react. Now I am stuck in a deadlock, because there is no way out of that. Long-pressing the button leads to nothing. I have ripped of the seal, opened the SIM bay and that’s it.
I am already on 2.5.

Whats the next step?
Honestly, opening the watch and disconnecting the battery is no real solution. Breaks warranty, perhaps the watch and led not to success at Chris.

thanks, Jens

Your problem was the update by OTA, this corrupt, flashing with the latest version. sure it is repaired

I managed to get the watch back to operations by playing with the emergency function and reactivating flight mode.
So you say, repatching to 2.5 will solve it? And OTA should remain deactivated …

Aug 6, 2018 21:05:11 GMT 1 jl67wfg said:
I managed to get the watch back to operations by playing with the emergency function and reactivating flight mode. So you say, repatching to 2.5 will solve it? And OTA should remain deactivated ...

better, yes, our developers check on their watches any new updates and if it is buggy so it is always better to wait that we have any firmware updates and flash them after we give the go:) yes, v2.5 is good and fix the problems of the older versions, sadly my lem7 has died so i can't try.

Ok. Any idea how to switch off the watch? The standard requires an OK but the button is in the inactive area.
Are there hidden options?

jl67wfg: Just try to connect a bluetooth-keboard! It was possible for me to simulate “Ok”… Just take away the sim (so no more sim-pin is needed) and try to switch on bluetooth…
it looks like damp steam is enough to destroy the touchscreen, which enters via the microphone hole … it does not even have to be liquid…
You can also try to dry the watch. Lay it upside down with open sim-bay in the sunlight… so it warms up a little…for a while…

chris4you:
That was a kind of a golden hint!
Thank you very much, that worked perfectly! With the BT-keyboard, you may even enter the SIM PIN.
I was able to reflash to 2.5, factory reset, OTA deactivated and my 2-3 apps reinstalled.
Lower right hand quadrant is operational again, at the SIM PIN point as well as at the shutdown / reboot dialogue.

I guess I will seal the Mic hole as well, I use mobile data only while running to create the map.

btw:
the GPS distances (high precision) differ from those recorded by phone a lot
I may use “GPS only” … my feeling was that the GPS-data captured by the built-in fitness app is more accurate although nowhere stored or transferred into a running app… Did you make the same observations?