Screen is moving on it self, no touch recognized on bottom

I still have massiv problems with the screen…
I have contacted the seller and will return the watch, get it replaced. The screen still does not work in the lower third, but 2.5 fixes the flickering of the screen. Except for the problems with the screen and the weak GPS reception (to the short antenna) actually a very good Smartwatch…
When it still worked, I had deviations of about 400-600m at a distance of 4,5km when jogging…

Ha, i found a trick how to bypass the complete settings (language etc.) after resetting the clock without a working OK button… simply wipe the screen to the right, select the correct language beforehand. This allows the initial setting to be completed even if the lower part of the screen no longer responds to touch. Then reload the remaining settings via BT-keyboard (see posting above)… Unfortunately Lemfo has not yet (re-)contacted me again to which address I should send the watch back to China…

Hi Chris, cool hint with the wipe!
Regarding Lemfo Support: I contacted LEMFO-Cathy via Skype : live:wholesale_352
She supported me superb, understood the issue with my Lem6 and helped me with the change to the Lem7. Yes, it took a while, but once the next steps were agreed, she was reliable and fast.

Aug 11, 2018 14:38:18 GMT 1 jl67wfg said:

geat choice the lem7 is a great watch.
Aug 11, 2018 14:38:18 GMT 1 jl67wfg said:
Hi Chris, cool hint with the wipe! Regarding Lemfo Support: I contacted LEMFO-Cathy via Skype : live:wholesale_352 She supported me superb, understood the issue with my Lem6 and helped me with the change to the Lem7. Yes, it took a while, but once the next steps were agreed, she was reliable and fast.

Will try to contact her via skype... my E.-Mails (3) are all with no answere, they give me no returnadresse...

soniasophie9697
Question:
How can I determine if OTA has installed an update?

After reflash to firmware v2.5 ~1 week ago, I now have again the behavior with the inactive screen in the lower right area.
Just want to know if the faulty OTA has reinstalled…
Any hints?

Aug 13, 2018 14:34:37 GMT 1 jl67wfg said:

ota means that you have firmware updates but it does'nt install itself you have to do it, have you reseted the watch after the update to v2.5? if not, do so. if yes, that means that the watch has screen problems which should'nt be, i had this problem with one of the s1 i bought but since it was a cheap watch did'nt send it or try to fix it but it is a shame that faulty units are sold.

Aug 13, 2018 17:22:38 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

Aug 13, 2018 14:34:37 GMT 1 jl67wfg said:

ota means that you have firmware updates but it does’nt install itself you have to do it, have you reseted the watch after the update to v2.5? if not, do so. if yes, that means that the watch has screen problems which should’nt be, i had this problem with one of the s1 i bought but since it was a cheap watch did’nt send it or try to fix it but it is a shame that faulty units are sold.

soniasophie9697
Yes, I have done a reset of the watch after 2.5 reflash.
Meanwhile I am back into the madness. After some sport and with sweat on the hand and arm, the watch completely tilted.
In rice, I now am trying to dry it.
-sad-

Attachments:

Aug 15, 2018 13:32:19 GMT 1 jl67wfg said:

yeah....been there...

soniasophie9697 chris4you
Update after the watch dried in rice for 4 days:
Nothing has improved. Although wiping on the screen works, the lower right section is of the screen is dead in terms of touchscreen.
I did a reflash (Option: Firmware Upgrade) to 2.5 and was first not able to factory reset. Only the trick from Chris helped and I could start the factory reset.
After the reset, my last functioning characters (input browser URL) are c-g-y. No characters right and lower than these will function, meaning the screen is dead.

Will contact Lemfo support now

Aug 18, 2018 17:06:08 GMT 1 jl67wfg said:

the problem is that the watch is'nt reported as ipxx anywhere so we can't do much about this, the moisture should'nt damage the watch but it did and that just killed the watch for me. same happened with my H2.

Aug 18, 2018 19:40:56 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

Aug 18, 2018 17:06:08 GMT 1 jl67wfg said:

the problem is that the watch is’nt reported as ipxx anywhere so we can’t do much about this, the moisture should’nt damage the watch but it did and that just killed the watch for me. same happened with my H2.

The lem7 is ip55 waterproof, as advertized in the spec on the lemfo web site www.lemfo.com/pd.jsp?id=147