S10Pro International firmware - update from SD Card (No FlashTools) - Suitable for LEM14 2021.06.26

@none Ok, good to know. I’ll keep watching (no pun intended) battery usage in the old FAW and see if I notice any changes. Also, thanks for the link, that’s really cool. I’ve doing Android stuff for 10 years and haven’t seen that, really helpful.

Again, let me know if I can help in any way. I’m not bashing the builds or anything. Quite the contrary. Overall these are so much better than the stock. I just want to help make sure they are working well for all and I’ve got a spare watch to throw shit at to test anything if needed.

5 Likes

Can someone check for bluetooth problems? I don’t have problems with bt headphones connection but I’ve with the watchdroid connection that connects and reconnects. Cheers.

Goto settings- apps and notifications- special app access. Choose “not optimized” for watchdroid.
Then goto settings- apps and notifications- special app access- unrestricted data access. Enable watchdroid.
Disable battery saver on your phone also.

1 Like

@akirax23 I am also unsure how well it would work having the 2 paired at the same time.
You might experience audio routing issues - not sure.
Do you do this with stock branded firmware without issues ?
BT has been pretty much left alone and unchanged so, if it is ok on stock then it should be ok on this as well.

I don’t explain good.

Not both at the same time.

I don’t have any issue with bt audio route, but I’ve it with bt ‘data’.

Cheers.

I’ve had the same issue. Usually only happens after I reboot one of the devices. A quick QR code scan/link later and the problem is gone. Every now and then, I need to go in to both devices, forget the connections and re-pair. Since no one else mentioned the specific issue, I assumed it was the BT stack on my phone or the app. Maybe it is somehow related to this particular issue but either way, this is not an issue with the FAW firmware alone; the same thing happened on stock so we can’t blame FAW for this. :wink:

Thanks, that’s what I was looking for.
Comparing stock and the new style firmware.
We will see what is going on because a scanned mac should be retained.

Well, I’ve done some test.

Installed v1.1 then factory reset and without doing nothing more, I only connect with BT to my 2 mobile phones (Samsung and Xiaomi). Results: BT connects then disconnects and then connects then disconnects…

Then I installed Original Lem14 firmware, facotry reset and without doing nothing more I connect BT with my mobile phones without any issue. Connection stable without reconnections.

I see that inside v1.1 and original firmware there are BT app diferencies.

I tried to make my owm firmware to test it, I already have it modified but I can’t repack it. I’m doing it with crb_v221b.

As I said before I was ROM cook, but many years ago I gave it up and I don’t have to much time to expend with it.

Cheers.

Yep, unfortunately it’s not possible that way.
But thanks for the update.
We will look into it.
Cheers

I just found a small translation bug in FAW (not sure if present in stock firmware): My system language is french, but when I go in step counter setting, the first page (measuring unit) is in english and the second page is in french except third line (walk target)

@pablo11 If we wanted to root this update, is it possible to unzip, replace the boot.img modified with Magisk, rezip and flash using the same method? I ask because I’m not sure if this watch has any signature checks or what. I tried to flash a modified boot.img with SP Flash tool but I could not due to PMT not being correct.

I’m new to MediaTek and SP Flash tool so not sure if this is due to me modifying the boot.img or due to the tool thinking the partitions dont align. I want to say it is not the latter as I made sure it was the same in the scatter file but again, I’m an SP Flash tool newb.

That is not possible, is there any specific reason you would need root access for?

1 Like

In general I prefer to have root just because. :stuck_out_tongue: But mainly so I could use Magisk, some of the modules if necessary and for AFWall+ but I also like having full shell access to my data folder.

Regardless, is there a method of rooting that WILL work? A thread somewhere here on the forum? I searched but couldn’t find one.

No there isn’t.
Sorry mate.

Hi all - Beta testers needed
Install is same as the others.
If coming from stock branded FW, please use v1.0 before you try this or any other FAW updates.
Feedback about the launcher and power consumption is much appreciated.
BETA Thread moved to here

Cheers

3 Likes

8 posts were merged into an existing topic: International Firmware [Beta] (LEM12Pro, LEM14, LEM15, Prime2)

does FAW-S10-Pro-V1.1.zip self install like 1.0 does or do I need to set up a laptop to flash it?

Just like FAW 1.0.

Yes, that’s why it is an update.zip.
Must not be unzipped.
Copy to storage and use the update app, just like the previous version.

In fact there is no difference between v1.0 and v1.1 apart from security.
I still recommend that you use it though because in the future, security will be important.

1 Like

Thanks! I’m at 1.1 now.
Im doing the post factory reset reinstall of my apps.

1 Like