S08 Firmware thread

I’m currently having issues trying to update firmware on the device. if i’m resetting the device to stock all i need to do is follow these instructions? or am I missing a step?

so far I follow the instructions. and hit the green arrow to download but when i replug the watch back into its charger with cable the device does nothing and the pc does nothing. the watch continues to charge as normal.

Yes just follow the instructions and YT channel tutorial. Maybe you have issues with your driver, try to install again.

Hi . Personally i wouldnt update yet to V1.4 if you are on V1.2 and it working fine . Not until a few issues are worked out . If you do update this is available OTA so no need to flash . Dont forget to factory reset after install

turns out my issue was using the docking cable/charger the rollmes08 came with. switching to a different cable all together allowed my pc to see it. thank you!

3 Likes

Excellent work. Thank you pablo11. Appreciated.

1 Like

Thank you this was very helpful. Tried a cable from an old watch and connection to PC is much more stable. Of course I checked polarity first.

1 Like

Is there any information that we can use android 10 in the future on the S08? Lemfo 14 is with android 10 and it is the same watch apprently?

No. The chip that works in the Rollme s08 is different from the one that works in the Lemfo LEM14.

2 Likes

Thanks, still would be nice to get such an update. For me the S08 is the best watch I bought till today. And I own like 7-8 different models/brands :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes, and Android 7 is working fine on the Rollme s08. So tell me- what do you miss? :wink:

1 Like

I would love to have updated security patches, for example.

In this case, you should think about the Lemfo LEM 14…
There won’t be any firmware updates from Rollme for this watch.

LEM 14, although a had a few Lemfo’s, this version is again a cheap knock off of the Rollme, camera’s lower grade, not really waterproff for so far I know(specs telling differnt story). But all my previous Lemfo’s gave up due to sweat, playing tennis with my watch on. The Rollme after 4-5 months, still perfect.

I have a Lemfo LEM14 and it’s a good watch. I also weared it while having a shower and it still works fine.

1 Like

Agreed and the build quality is superb :+1:

You realise that the LEM 14 is made by the same factory as the S08?

So what you are saying is quite funny :grin:

Well lem14 with A10 has some serious issues for me that make me keep it in box and not using it right now…
One is that cannot use Google synchronise for contacts , calendar does not work, Google translation cannot work, viper cannot work, and many more Google apps that I use all time cannot work at all or synchronise to be useful…
Most important ofc for the use as a watch phone… is contacts to be able to know who is calling you and who to call… and ofc to be able to synchronise it with google server that now in Lem14 is impossible…
I was thinking if downgrade at A7 would solve this problem…
by the other hand is tested waterproof in swimming at sea… and good washing afterwards with fresh water and the sealing at the back was reinforced with silica gel
So my question is… does A7 versions synchronise Googke Contacts and Google Calendar??? These are the most important apps for me in any phone , watch or not, and in Lem14 are both not working…

yes, android 7 watches synchronizes with google. Hopefully they will soon release an update where the syncing is fixed for the android 10 watches

1 Like

Good afternoon I have firmware V1.4, still no news for the S08? If there is thank you for posting, thank you.

This is the newest firmware for this watch. I’m sure that this will be the last one for this watch. No further updates, sorry.

3 Likes