RSC Watch, C-47 Skytrain

The restoration of C-47 Skytrain 42-100521 formerly of the 79th Troop Carrier Squadron, 436th Troop Carrier Group that flew with the USAAF from Membury airfield (Station 466) during WW2. The aircraft christened “Night Fright” took part in all the Airborne missions in Europe during the war, dropping paratroopers, towing gliders, evacuating wounded and flying tons of much needed supplies to the front line.
Once completed, the aircraft will be a flying memorial to those men and women who served as part of Troop Carrier Command.
Only 436 of these unique timepieces will ever be built, and most proceeds from the sales will go directly to the Night Fright C-47 restoration group in order to facilitate the rebuild of this aircraft.

Credits: -https://rscwatches.com/

download: -RSC02.zip - Google Drive

clock_skin_model

promo

20 Likes

Great history and great clockskin
Thankyou

1 Like

Thanks doc. This watchface has long resisted completion. But finally…

1 Like

Very nice work as usual @G1NT0N1C.

Thank you, @pablo11 . It’s always nice to find some time to create watchfaces.

1 Like

Yes, and I know how little spare time you have.
So it is always great when you post a new face :ok_hand::ok_hand::+1:

2 Likes

Quite a striking, bold face G1N! :+1: I also very much enjoyed reading the background to the watch, most enlightening! :+1: (Now if I can only find a video of one of these “Night Frights” doing a very low pass! :rofl: ) Cheers, Doons

1 Like

Is this some new rhyming slang that I am unaware of @Doonsbury :thinking::rofl:

1 Like

Er…well…it’s to do with G1N"s Spitfire watch face…I’ve sent you a message about it Pab rather than reply in full here because if I did @G1NT0N1C would ban my post, ban me and quite possibly ban you for starting the whole thing! There, now that a straight forward answer, yes? :crazy_face: :rofl: Cheers, “Low Pass”, Doons

2 Likes

Well, before anyone dies of curiosity, I’d like to share this pearl. Since some of the expressions used are adult, I strongly recommend playing the video without sound. :wink:

-The Original Spitfire Surprise Low Pass - YouTube

2 Likes

I remember this @Doonsbury @G1NT0N1C
I was still in the UK at the time and it was hilarious :joy::joy:

2 Likes

Hey! Wait just one cotton pickin minute! That is MY vid that @G1NT0N1C is linking too (And trying to take all the credit for it being Hilarious"!! :woozy_face: Boy you gotta watch these Mods!! They will take the credit for everything!!! :rofl: Cheers, “Low Pass”, Doons

1 Like

Sorry Doons. I felt you were concerned that posting this video might have legal ramifications for you. I only published it to take that risk for you.
Oh wait, there’s a special operations force working on my front door right now…

1 Like

Ok, I was willing to be nice about this…but that “Oh Doons! I was concerned for you!” OMG!!! :woozy_face: :crazy_face: So, It may interest the Forum member so know that I, ME, DOONS, is the guiding hand behind ALL of @G1NT0N1C watch faces! Thats the absolute truth Kiddies! :woozy_face: G1N never posts a face before he has run it by ME for the final approval (And just in confidence, I can tell you I have had to knock quite a few of his designs back! ) So, if you looking at a G1NTON1C watch face, well it was as good as designed by me! :rofl:
Er… @pablo11 …I believe that the good G1N has just been arrested by the Media Police…I assume that I will take over his Moderator duties ASAP, yes? Cheers, “The name in MR Moderator mate!” Doons

2 Likes

Steady on @Doonsbury old chap!!
Let’s keep it real.
Oh, what am I talking about? There’s no chance of that :joy::joy:

1 Like

Well Pab, only modesty prevents me from telling you that you are letting a damn good man slip through your fingers! :woozy_face: :crazy_face: :rofl: But I guess that @G1NT0N1C & @Dr_Andy_Vishnu have enough on you that you have to keep them on! Cheers, “Anyone want to hire a top flight Moderator”? :woozy_face:, Doons

1 Like

Another great work, thanks.

3 Likes

Really nice, thank you

@G1NT0N1C nice WF!..looks charm on my OP2. Thanks!.

3 Likes

I’m glad that you like it. Enjoy it! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes