Rectangular FAW with NFC?

Does anyone know of an upcoming rectangular FAW with NFC next year?
I haven’t found anything on the market so far.

So far there is no full android watch with NFC on the market, neither round nor square.
I don’t think this will change any time soon.

4 Likes

It’s unfortunate. Maybe you know why?
Will there be any new rectangular FAW coming soon?

1 Like

No, I don’t think so.

2 Likes

Is there anything better than DM101 coming out or planned? Or anything with NFC?

I don’t see anything being planned so far since FAW watches market has been declining quite a lot (Factory issues and high cost productions with low returns)

NFC is out of question, certifications are expensive

Well, there are definitely activities that are currently running in the background. And NFC is not excluded either.
But more exciting full android watches will definitely follow. I promise that the last chapter of our watches is far from written.
:wink:
Stay tuned- and patient. :grin:

5 Likes

That’s really GOOD, EXCELLENT news!!!
I just came here wondering that, since it’s really SAD to see not a single new launch on this year yet.
I’m really fall in love with my Lemp, but it will be great to see new and better watches flooding the market, since by far I prefer FAWs before any WearOs watch.

1 Like

Sorry, I have no patience anymore. Can you already sell some info? :smiling_imp:

Yes. But I won’t. :shushing_face:

1 Like

I will for 1.6 million pounds :rofl::rofl: . Joking

1 Like

I swear, I came here yesterday and I was just by ask the same than you asked, then I didn’t!!!

Are there any news about it??? :smile::smile::smile:

No - nothing.
You will see an announcement if this happens, don’t worry.

2 Likes

Any news??

1 Like

No announcement = no news yet.

2 Likes

Almost impossible since the banks do not trust the Chinese.
NFC only for opening doors

Banking apps will work on all devices that pass Google Security Check. Many of the Fullandroid watches do this. As soon as a watch with the appropriate hardware is available, any security problems with the firmware should also be solved.
Lack of trust is not the problem.

Just FYI,
Google Pay is being discontinued very soon.
The Google Wallet app is going to be the focus moving forward.

NFC banking and tap and go payment works fine on these watches, as long as the correct firmware is used and the correct chip is used on the main board.
I can confirm this because I was leading a proof of concept project with another developer and the solution provider in China.
It worked perfectly.
As long as the correct criteria are satisfied, of course it works, same as a mobile phone.

It will probably never be used in production though because it is not cheap to mass produce a device like this and to make sure that NFC pay works, all the fitness and health apps can’t exist on the same watch.
In fact, any custom apps that can’t use full SELINUX and are configured for a round screen, will cause NFC pay to fail.

Unfortunately, none of the brands are willing to make this sacrifice because they sincerely believe that we all want health and fitness / sports apps and BT tethering / calling more than anything else.

3 Likes

Is there anyway we can persuade the otherwise? I personally want NGC and I want a square watch. Android is not made for round screens.

Have you read this regarding NFC

1 Like