Prime goes glitchy if Data is on. wifi=fine 4G=useless guesses?

@Jonathan_Bickel What part of “Out the box”, didn’t you read? Did you look at the video? or any comment where a CRICKET SIM card was mentioned? Day late and five bucks short bro

@Jonathan_Bickel I’m in a pissy mood right now, cause as you put it, "what are the odds?! exactly!! Hear me out… if both out the box did it, it’s not a glitch, it’s an oversite, or a lie. If I can crash course learn to “flash” the damned thing in a night, you could please verify that all your verifies have already been verified. lmfao, but sad face bro.
-what’s your next guess? wait, I know… should I clear my apps and do a factory reset? smdh
What mechanic you’ve ever met uses the word inclination, that isn’t being condicending?

I am very curious about this now.
I need to have a look at this in more detail.
@Dr_Andy_Vishnu
@G1NT0N1C
@Eric_Crochemore
This is is beginning to sound like a deeper problem.
Second watch out of the box behaving the same way…

1 Like

@pablo11 hey Boss. As fast as the replacement showed up, My return has gotta be setting on a desk somewhere by now. I’ll know if it’s mine, cause I took pics before I mailed it. If it’s wrapped in fake brown gator vinyl, Test that mofo. the second one will be in the mail by lunch cause I’m burnt out on the subject… I really hope ya’ll work it out, but I’m not on the payroll, and gotta move on. Love to know when stuff works out. I dropped verizon to t mobile for this purpose, and now I gotta phone shop. smdh

@Joshua_Rogers I gotta say that this is one of the strangest problems I have ever heard of.
Just the fact that it works ok until you enable Sim data is mind boggling…

What version of firmware are you using now?
Is it 2.4?

Preaching to the choir. never would I have guessed… I mean, I went with a replacement when refund was an option. I’m assuming it’s a regional data issue, since it’s not nation wide, but I really can’t find anyone actually using it for 4G so idk. statistically, insuf. data. from my limited experience. Sad part is, if I’m the one suggesting a 'data reset via ‘find my device’ on the kospet prime facebook forum, I’m wondering if I’m in the wrong line of work after three days of learning tizen vs wear os research, lmao. I can’t even imagine the "mind boggling effects when someone like ya’ll whom actually know what ya’ll are dealing with. I can tell ya, I’m not getting paid enough to beta test though.
Here’s what I can read for ya: CPU= MT6379 Quad Core/ Android version= 7.1.1 Build #= K_P_v2.5_B_20200819 Wireless Update= “Device up to date”… but I will say, this one needed one update when I turned it on, so idk how that works, but I assume it was one version behind?
If ya want other info, tell me where to locate info.
Is Debugging what it sounds like? If I can get it to act up on command, could I send a data package of some sort to someone who knows things? -Trying to solve it by self imposed deadline.

So the problem is confirmed as the cell signal interfering with the screen due to a production error.
Problem is that the second one is the same and so a whole batch may be affected.
I am talking to them about it at the moment

3 Likes

I’ll hold tight, lemme know whatcha learn, if ya don’t mind.

Yeah, I’m working on it

Indeed a very strange problem. If you also used a Cricket sim card which is an AT&T based network then that would seem to eliminate any SIM or network based oddity. Only thing I can think is if you are in Austin Texas maybe it’s got the infowars.com virus … :cowboy_hat_face: :wink: Just kidding of course - it’s just too weird a problem to even think about. But I’ll try a couple more wild guesses…

At this point it could be Kospet has made some hardware change that is causing this. Have you left on mobile data for say 10 minutes or so to see if it stops glitching? Not that it would solve anything but when I first got my Kospet Prime it was glitching in a weird way for a few minutes such that if I was even close to the screen it was selecting things and even when I wasn’t close it was getting strange. I thought I was going to have to send it back but after a reset and a little more time it never had that problem again. I think the little nanobots inside the watch who are new to their jobs are a little confused the first day of work - ya know. :lying_face:

2 Likes

@pablo11, That sounds like a good probability. A possible test of that idea would be to turn Off mobile data and put another phone very close to the Kospet. Turn on the other phones mobile data and start a download of something. Not an absolute sure test but if something like another phone could trigger this than it would seem the Kospet screen is reacting to extraneous EMF or an RF signal. It might also be possible to trigger the phenomenon by holding the Prime close to other RF sources but avoid any high power items.

So far any searches I’ve made on this type of problem on the Internet have not turned up anything even for any other type cell phones. So truly in the twilight zone on this one.

Considering 4g is in the 2 to 8 GHz range and most Wifi is either 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz it seems a little odd his Wifi doesn’t affect it although the Wifi output is probably only about 1/10th the power of 4G depending on how far he is from a cell tower as your phone adjusts power based on tower signal strength. I tend to be a bit Sherlock Holmes on these sort of problems and if it was me I’d probably be out looking for a T-mobile tower to get within a quarter mile or so for a really full strength signal (and thus the mobile data watch output would likely be much lower) to see if it still has the screen glitching.

1 Like

@Joshua_Rogers
Can you email them again (if you haven’t already) and tell them that you are the guy who has issues with your screen and RF interference?
Tell them that Pablo11 from fullandroidwatch.org has already made arrangements for you.

They have used a different touch panel and firmware needs to be tuned to stop this problem.

Given your circumstances I have told them that flashing firmware is not really possible and that this is the second watch in 2 weeks with the same problem.

So they sending you one after it has been tested properly :+1::handshake:

4 Likes

@droidtrix I like your deduction methods. the jokes are OK too. :wink: so where I’m at now is 22 miles away from a tower in Holland Tx, but I am close to wifi work tower. Both watches preform as expected. The first for days, next to “Roku TV/desk area” while I set it up and had no glitch.
The variable would be the trip to friends to try cricket card. They’re in the middle of nowhere Maysfield, Tx, no wifi, no anything except his/ her Sim cards, which placed their phones off and battery out during testing.
I’ve gone as far as turning off all permissions I could locate, and it was fine, in general (until data was activated by notification, or using an app) and it became too frequent to attempt to use. If signal and wifi was the issue near Holland, it surely wasn’t the issue in Maysfield.
I will say that the most puzzling part for me is the frequency or lack of. when coming from idle or charger cradle, the “8-9 oclock ghost buttons” happens at a slower rate than say, when google play is downloading an app, or when trying to respond to a text, or use the browser. In the video, you’ll hear me say “frankly, the 7’s and 4’s are new to me” cause it seemed to be at a higher repetition and wider ranged effect. I, at the time, was used to mostly 1’s and a rare 4.
My set up was done on wifi before I even installed card, so I didn’t experience the ‘first dance gitters’, but when I had it on data the whole day to go check friends SIM cards, it acted up the whole trip, so much so that I removed the 9-pin lock screen once I finally got it quicker than the glitch could ‘password error’ my ass.
If I knew how to research cell tower locations, I’d be willing to check for changes. Just spent five minutes on it, and they seem very vague and misleading as to where.
@pablo11 I’d be happy to email who you’d suggest… but who is it? Do you happen to have email address on hand? EXACTLY How should I wrap up my transaction with the Kospet-Direct Amazon seller? And thank you, yet again, for being so damned pro-active.

Hi @Joshua_Rogers

Email sent to you and Kospet :+1:

1 Like

Sent mailing info via email roughly a week ago, haven’t heard anything at all back yet. any tracking info, or eta so I know I’m not waiting on a ghost watch. curious, I gotta leave soon, and I’m getting ansy.

Please be patient. Kospet is a reliable business partner.
Thank you.

1 Like

No email confirmation. nothing in the mail. Anyone have an update?

They sent it by budget post because they had already sent two at a premium cost to them.
So I will check progress today…
They didn’t give you a tracking number