Prime goes glitchy if Data is on. wifi=fine 4G=useless guesses?

The pdf guide is general as i said . You need the prime firmware as posted for your prime watch . The pdf guide says optimus at the top but as i said its a guide for all watches

You need to follow the instructions but use the Prime firmware I posted for you a few posts up.
It is for the 3gb + 32gb version of the Prime.

So you installed drivers.
Open flash tool after extraction to desktop.
Select the M6739 scatter in the Prime firmware you have extracted to desktop.
All the files will now populate in the flash tool.

Make sure watch is powered off and fully charged.
Connect USB cable to the watch.
Do not connect to the PC yet.

Select firmware upgrade option in the flash tool.
Click on the green download icon in the flash tool.
Now connect the USB cable to the PC and flash will start.
Be VERY CAREFUL that you do not disturb the watch while it is flashing !!

If you have done what I have said it will be completed quickly.
Then close flash tool and disconnect the watch and power it on.

1 Like

so once more cause I’m pooped now. I cannot find the M6739… in the directions, the file is in a desktop folder that I’m not finding in the first set of downloads. so to be clear, I SHOULD use the “Scatter file in the images folder of KOSPET_PRIME_v2.5_B_20200819.zip” that @pablo11 posted for me?
Sorry I’m being annoying, but I get I could mess this up easily, and obviously this is all new jargon for me. thanks for the patience.

1 Like

YES in there is a folder called images.
Inside that folder is the scatter file M6739

2 Likes

Watch this

From 3.00 minutes

1 Like

I believe it’s a hardware issue, but you should see if you can manage to flash it just to make sure.

2 Likes

Agree with you but have to try

Alright gentlemen, I tried it, step by step. the flashtool said it was “download ok” … so I assume it went ok, restarting now… looks like Android logo, so not a brick. … came on as usual. did basic setup. went to calculator, and no issue. turned on data, and put on calculator, and I’m already at 11,111,111… well F. Doesn’t seem to have hurt anything, but it doesn’t have appeared to help either. If ya’ll think of anything next to try please don’t hesitate to boss me around again.
‘KospetDirect’ is informing me to try a diferent sim… anyone have a friend there, can ya tell em to skip to the end of the troubleshooting guid for me please? :slight_smile: Thanks again so much for helping, I wish I had better news for us all.

1 Like

@Joshua_Rogers
RMA it.
This was the only hope of fixing the issue if it was software related.

This seems to be a very strange hardware problem and it needs to go back to place where you purchased it.
It’s possibly related to the touch panel, but I suspect it is way beyond a usual fix…

If you have any issues let me know.

Cheers
Pablo11

3 Likes

josh, try easin’ tension on the back screws…maybe something shortening out, if that doesn’t help then screw them gradually tighter again until fully screwed and try again.test another sim card,

1 Like

Worth a go.
Just be careful when you undo those screws.
They can refuse a return if they are damaged…

4 Likes

I’m waiting for kospet direct to tell me what to do next. kinda hoping they’ll send me a new one, and I don’t have to be drama about it. I’ll send it back, but I’m not touching screws… cause if it does work, it won’t work for long, and that’s not what I paid for. I’m on a full week of messing with it, and frankly, I’ve got farmer shit to get back to.

1 Like

I would still try another SIM in it if you can borrow one from somebody. It’s a last resort but I can see it possibly being related to the problem. At least I’d give it a try if you don’t want to deal with sending it back and waiting for another one. Otherwise good luck with it - it will be a good watch if you get around this issue.

@droidtrix I’ve tried my t-mobile, my buddies Cricket, and his wifes T-mobile. kinda done trying sim cards. even took the laptop so I could play with factory reset/ developer settings, in case it was a collection of errors. New one, right now… Before I have to break down and buy a new phone, in which case, I’ll wait another four years before I try bleeding edge tech again.

So you live in the USA?
We will get this resolved but they will ask you to return it, so postage can be a challenge.
Anyway, I will send you a personal message and get this going so it’s resolved quickly.
Cheers

1 Like

@pablo11 oh, ok. Thank ya Sir. yeah, I’m worried of postage. Cheers to ya’ll also! :slight_smile:

1 Like

In case someone important ever reads this post. These guys were more capable than any store i’ve been in, or video I’ve seen.
I’m left handed, in hot as hell texas, on a kawasaki or harley. A pocket watch wouldn’t require a ‘lefty app’. it also wouldn’t require me ‘holding my hands’ to use it. give it a loop on top to put a paracord on, so I can’t drop it. Ya could sell different cases and chains.
make the 'pocket watch case waterproof instead. no one here cares when our hearts are gonna explode, but if I fall into a sludge puddle, I need it to work when I get out. I assume it would also save yall drama about housings, heat sinks, waterproofing, and heart monitoring.
we wanna know if there’s H2s gas in the air, or what our Blood Alcohol Content is. I promise locals care more about marking fishing hole depths than Body Mass Index.
I will use mine mostly for testing trucks. torque pro app, and an obd2 wifi plug in.
My two cents. It’s very impressive the things ya’ll can accomplish.

3 Likes

We’re all important somebodies, bro. So are you. Best a luck to ya!

1 Like

So Kospet-Direct was excellently fast as sending the replacement. got it earlier today. installed T-mobile SIM card, turned on, and all was well during wifi setup. Turned on data, and seemed ok. Tried calculator app, and here we go all over again with the (calculator app open) typing ones. FML. alight, checked for updates, there was one. installed update. restarted. exact same M#F+! problem I had with the last one. and dont even try to sign into Google play. once the keyboard opens a,A,q,Q everywhere. the glitch is even in the exact same spot. I kid you not. I may try another SIM card at t-mobile again tomorrow, but I doubt it will help, cause it sure didn’t matter on the last one. IDK, anyone have a REAL answer, cause I’m about 24hr.s from sending back and never again.

I don’t know what apps you may have installed or how you set up your watch but as a mechanic my first inclination would be to think it is related to something you are doing. The chances of two watches having the same, rare, unusual problem would be as rare as hens teeth. I have used speed talk sim cards that run on the T-mobile network with no problem there also so if that is the common point trying another carriers sim card would verify that issue.

1 Like