Preferred/recommended settings for Prime

Did you keep the factory mounted screen protector ? Any idea if screen touch is better without it, and how is scratch resistance without…

I have a new social networking app called Okuna. It only shows the startup screen for a brief part of a second and then terminates. Anything I can try with such behaviour ?

I don’t use foil. I have no problems with scratches, but I mostly only work in offices and conference rooms.

2 Likes

You might test if an older Version is working.

2 Likes

I’m answering you from bottom to top.

I didn’t use the stock launcher very much, but I don’t remember having any problems with notifications or sound. I dont have these problems with the Universal launcher neither.

I think the Universal launcher improved the wrist movement detection, when you do it on purpose. You cannot avoid turning on the screen accidentaly. It depends on how often you move your hand :upside_down_face: I turn this feature on when i’m out for a job or go for a walk, but i turn it off when i do my 5km running.

The battery is really satisfying, although i don’t have experience with other smartwatches. Of course, the more you have your screen on, the quicker the battery will be drained. I did a lot of battery tests the first days i had the watch on my hands.
The battery is drained about 3% per hour, only with the sim installed. It is drained 6% with sim and data enabled. I use Macrodroid for bluetooth, in order to automatically turn it on/off, when a call is active, that saves alot of battery. Wifi drains much less than data, unless your phone does updates, etch.
In the most extreme draining contition i put my watch, when i run, for about 35min i have sim and data enabled, strava tracking my activity, gps enabled, bt connecting my watch with my handsfree set and streaming radiotunes (an internet radio app), the batterry looses only 16-18%!!! I’m really pleased with this performance :grinning:

4 Likes

So you peeled off two layers of plastic when you got the watch ?

As I told you, yes.

1 Like

What are these 2 switches for ?

1 Like

the right one is most likely cellular data and the left one is for the function that turns on the screen when you flick your wrist

2 Likes

Correct . UL does improve the raise function on most of the watches i have used

3 Likes

Is there any way to see the sport activities graphs with the default app, or do I need to use Strava or something else ? Can the default app link to Google Fit ?

No and No but you can use this and sync to googlefit

Dont forget to give sensor permissions

Thank you, very nice app, even talked status to me during activity. Didn’t get any heartbeat though. Looks like it can connect Bluetooth and Ant+ heartbeat devices, but how about the build in ?

Argh, just found ‘use build in heart rate sensor’ in settings :crazy_face:

Is it possible to set a notification sound pr. app ?
Still the notifications from my phone, sent by WiiWatch and displayed as from “Watch” in notifications, only vibrates - no sound. (Phone would have been a more intuitive name for notifications from the Phone…).

And the Huawei email app on my phone sends notifications through to the watch, which I’d like to suppress, but it is not listed in the apps in WiiWatch for which we can enable/disable notifications, so how can this be achieved ?

I feel I’m warming up to trying Watch Droid… Can that have a notification sound or also only vibration ?

With watchdroid you can have sound and vibrate . Use these versions only and Do not update

2 Likes

@Dr_Andy_Vishnu is right. Watchdroid is more stable and much more powerful. Make sure that you have disabled WiiWatch before. And make sure that watchdroid is disabled in battery saver. On both devices.

1 Like

I see now, indeed Watch Droid is much better, thanks :ok_hand:

Regarding My Running App, I still don’t get heatrate in the app even though I enabled build-in heart rate monitor from MRA settings. Any tips ? I do see the heartrate led active during the activity, but no numbers in the app. Also I tried the stock heartrate monitor during the activity, and that didn’t get any numbers, as if it was locked by MRA. When I tried it without MRA active, it works fine.

Enable in app settings , body sensors then it will work

1 Like

Looks like some tuning steps are required.
I just observed the power usage of the Prime, sitting unused on my wrist during a movie.

1hr = 13% power drop. That will never hold a full day. It was after a fresh power on, so there shouldn’t be any hanging processes in background.

Advice appreciated.

I have:

• SIM active
  • WiFi active
  • Bluetooth active
  • Screen on by gesture
  • GPS enabled

Sinners from battery stats:
Screen 58%
Bluetooth 20% (wow, expensive)
Android OS 13%
Cell stdby 8%
My running app 5%
WiFi 4%
Android system 2%
Google play services 1%
Google 1%

1 Like

Tbh screen on by gesture for me works wrong and i dont use it. Often turn on display when dont need. When you have sim card then wifi is neccesary? With screen on by gesture and wifi off my watch can easly works 2-3 days (turn off on night). Which companion app do you use? 20% in BT is very high.