Optimus PRO display not responding anymore

I just ran into a problem with my Kospet Optimus Pro .

Recapping: it has been kept turned off for al long time.

Then I recharged it, and got a pair of OTA updates, ending with a very good 3.3 firmware version.

After all is configured up, I ended up with a perfect watch, 4 days battery life with light use, 18 hours of battery life with medium/heavy use, and my preferred skin in place :slight_smile:

This lasted a week, then - suddenly - the screen stopped responding.

After some test, I reflashed the 3.3 firmware, but the same problem is still there.

It seems that the display responds to touch intermittently: if I want to press a point, I can press repeatedly that point, and after a number of attempts, the point respond.

If I want to do a swipe, the swipe starts to move, then stop: as if the touch response is lost while swiping.

Of course I cannot keep pressed the screen beacuse the touch is not kept.

Iā€™m really amazed. No shock, damage, or strange use of the watch, simply worn with care for a week.

Any suggestion ?

PS. I have to add that I remeber that I had the same problem long time ago. I 'm keen to think this isnā€™t a HW problem.

Writing again for the record.

So, I had this problem for a few days, and no charging/discharging/resetting/flashing helped.

Therefore this morning I asked for help in the forum.

After 15 minutes from my post, the screen started to respond a bit more.

After other three minutes, the display is fully functional.

This doesnā€™t make any sense :astonished: :astonished: :astonished: :exploding_head:

It proves how helpful this FAW forum can be! :rofl:

1 Like

We have recently been working with remote maintenance. However, this is still in the testing phase. :shushing_face:

3 Likes

:sweat_smile:
Sorry for spoiling it.

Anyway, the watch keeps having time intervals with display not responding, and others with the display responding fine.

Iā€™m still investgating the pattern, searching for cause hints.

This seems very similar to what some other users have experienced, for example here

and definitively not a HW issue.

This could cause some user to think their own watch is dead especially when the display stops responding at all for a given amount of time.

Please flash the firmware again. This time use the ā€œfirmware updateā€ function in the flashtool. This might solve the problem.

4 Likes

Thanks G1NTON1C,
I flashed the 3.3 version with the firmware update option,
but the problem of unresponsiveness is still there.
I also tried a different img, from LEM 7, but this didnā€™t make any difference.

Iā€™m on the Kospet Pro 3.3 version again, now, and Iā€™m testing from a few
days without collecting any hints about the cause.

From time to time, the display responds for a limited time.

In addition, one time, the display raised its responsiveness to the maximum level:
the touch were occurring without even touching the screen, with the finger at
over 2 millimeters of distance from the screen.
Weird and somewhat funny, like a superpoweršŸ˜„

That same day, a lot of repeated random and rapid touching events occurred without
any finger near the screen.

It would be useful a technician, or maybe a priest, for this watch. :confused:

1 Like

Well, I suspect itā€™s a hardware issue. Probably a screen grounding problem. But thatā€™s just a guess.
If itā€™s still under warranty (I suspect itā€™s not), send it back.
Otherwise you can open it carefully and check whether all plug connections are OK.
I assume you can rule out an app as the cause? This problem also exists if no other apps are installed yet?

Could you please better articulate ā€œscreen groundingā€ problem?

I mean shielding against electrical interference. But, once again, itā€™s just a guess.

I presume my last chance is opening the watch and see what itā€™s inside.