Optimus 2 Official support Thread - Updated 26/06/21

@Noispirit
I have tested the firmware for the 128gb version of the Optimus 2 on the regular 4+64gb version.
It functions the same on both models.

The factory version for the 128gb model is v1.8.
So, there is no reason why the FAW international firmware would not work on the 128gb version.

This is due to the only change being the storage size as tested by flashing the new firmware on the regular model.
The same storage chip is used, it’s just larger capacity.
Even the bootloader is ok. :ok_hand:

However, we still need to arrange for a test on the new model.
If we can confirm it soon - we will.

In my opinion, the current price of the 128gb model makes it a very attractive choice.

6 Likes

Thank you very much for spending your time on this!! This is great news!

Honestly I was considering buying the 128GB anyway at some point, but now I’m SURE I’ll buy one of those babies considering it’s good price now. Stock firmware is good, it is just that the FAW International Firmware is superior :slight_smile:

4 Likes

That is a good price. My 3rd O2 on the way!

4 Likes

@Noispirit
Don’t forget that this is from the testing I’ve managed to do so far.
I’m pretty sure it will be ok but can’t 100% confirm yet.
I’m very confident though :+1::handshake:

5 Likes

We can confirm now that the FAW firmware can be installed on the Kospet Optimus pro2 128GB model. @pablo11 had already guessed this. Now we can finally confirm this.
However, you first have to downgrade to the stock firmware of the Optimus pro 2 (64GB) using the flashtool. Use “firmware upgrade” option. You can find the firmware here:

When this is done, the FAW firmware for the Optimus pro2 can then be installed as a local update as usual. You can find it in the download section.

Even with the firmware installed from the factory, this watch is a really good deal at this great price. The fact that it is also possible to use the FAW firmware on this watch makes it a real must have in my opinion.

8 Likes

Great work @G1NT0N1C :+1:

5 Likes

Thank you very much! This is wonderful news! My O2 will be a happy device once it arrives :grin:

1 Like

Nice work @G1NT0N1C :ok_hand:
We have since realised that the only reason why the update zip does not work for v1.8 (the version on this model) is just due to date of the newer FW version.

However, because it is extremely simple to flash earlier stock firmware and then use the update zip - it is not worth changing the update zip.

4 Likes
 I had the same thing to my Optimus 2 also, the  same camera error came up, all i did was get ahold of Kospet direct and they had me do a video showing them the problem, they had me send it back to them ( i paid to have it returned) and got it back it was fixed but i had a problem with it rebooting and sticking in white light and had to factory reset some of it i think is from overcharging, i still use the watch now and is ok just makesure i watch it charge and not overcharge it,
 This is my second Kospet watch the first was th Kospet prime s the speaker went out and i sent it back to kospet to fix they couldn't fix it and it was discontinued they said, so they offered me the Optimus 2 for the difference of $80 i took it,  even with the problems i had the company was good to fix or replace I probably would still purchase the watches knowing company will help you.
1 Like

Yep, Kospet has a pretty good reputation for customer service.
Compared to the other brands. :+1:

4 Likes

Today i finally found the time to install the FAW firmware. It looks great and smooth making the watch more interesting… Still playing though with all the settings… i would like to thank everyone for this great work… Unfortunately, my joy last only few hours… my daughter accidentally dropped the watch and broke the outer side of the case and a small piece of the screen at that point…does someone know how easy it would be to repair the watch if i send it to kospet?

1 Like

I guess it’s the screen protector. The screen should be ok. :wink:

2 Likes

Ok, I just took a closer look at the 2nd picture. It’s much more then the screen protector…
I don’t think that there is any way to fix this. :slightly_frowning_face:

3 Likes

That’s correct @G1NT0N1C.
It needs to be returned.

@kontidiss please contact Kospet through the Aliexpress Kospet store or by email after-sales@kospet.com
Just remember that it is almost holiday time for them as well.
Cheers

3 Likes

Hi and greetings from Finland! I received my 128GB O2 as Christmas present today from Kospet. It took 12 days to arrive and no additional taxes at Finnish Customs :slight_smile:!

I still love my old Optimus Pros because of the AMOLED display (and especially 1min AOD update, thanks to @iscle :slight_smile:) but I hope the new O2 will serve me well also. I’m looking forward to test FAW firmware at some point too!

Merry Christmas and/or holidays to all!

8 Likes

Certainly the Optimus Pro was a beast because of its AMOLED display. I rather miss some “premium” features but I try to not get my hopes too high considering this is a very niche market :sweat_smile:

O2 is a really good watch anyways

4 Likes

We can confirm that the storage is 128GB. I’ve just filled the memory completely. I have full access to the downloaded file.

7 Likes

Hi,

New owner of a OP2 64GB with several issues. Ordered in black Friday deal and had for 2 weeks but I’ve been back and forth with customer services since receiving it. The screen has crashed multiple times with vertical lines usually when I’m opening apps etc, the SMS app wasn’t opening but a reflash seems to have sorted that and gesture typing on the AOSP Android keyboard doesn’t work. I have to press each letter when typing. Swype works on Gboard but I didn’t like how it behaved with the watch. Customer services have finally offered me a refund but are saying I’m responsible for shipping to China which is fairly costly and I don’t think it’s fair. Any ideas how to fix gesture control at least on the stock keyboard? And yes it’s toggled on in the settings! wanted to try international firmware v1.3 to see if this sorts things out but don’t think I can wait 2 weeks to become a level 2 member before sending it back… (Even though I have experience in reflashing with SP flash tool etc) Thanks

Just 2 MB in my Optimus :frowning:

exactly, you should install open camera from play store and enable camera2 api in settings and change to higher resolution and see if it is working like i did post earlier. … thank you

1 Like