Optimus 2 Official support Thread - Updated 26/06/21

lol… No it is not.

1 Like

Could it be the GPS coordinates of a brick factory?

3 Likes

Ha ha ha :joy::joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

I think these are the lottery numbers for the next 10 months. Unfortunately in encrypted form.

2 Likes

Good idea! :slightly_smiling_face:
I tried converting with a hexadecimal converter. Then divided by the square of the letters BINGO. It works … with a small mistake, numbers over 100 always came out. :thinking: :thinking: :frowning_face:

2 Likes

So that’s how you do it? . .it’s no wonder I never win. :rofl:

2 Likes

After my disappointing experience with the Lem 12 Pro (damage to the SIM card tray due to moisture penetration while running), I was interested in alternative smartwatches with full Android support, because I am enthusiastic about this concept. I came across the Optimus 2 and read the posts on this forum from the first comment to the last. I noticed that after initially good to very good comments, the criticism of the watch got stronger and stronger and towards the end almost devastating (problems with the power button, moisture, boot loops …).

Now it is noticeable that the last post in this forum was over 3 weeks ago. Why is that? Is there no longer any interest in the watch because of the many points of criticism? Or are there other reasons for this?

It is in the nature of such a forum that primarily people respond who have a problem with the watch and not those who are completely satisfied. Before I decide to buy, I would still like to ask whether there are buyers who are highly satisfied with the Optimus 12 and can confirm this here. I would also be interested to know whether the experts in this forum have already come to a conclusion about the smartwatch, after a few months have passed since it was published. Thanks very much!

The Optimus 2 has been out a while now so the forum always slows down with questions . As for the watch Kospet have confirmed several times the button issue is rare . I had this issue also but my replacement is superb :+1: . This is a great working watch but do NOT buy to go running with . There are two many entry points for moisture in damp conditions . For everything else its superb

3 Likes

Thanks for the super fast reply. Buying an Android smartwatch and NOT running with it is a problem for me. Might the Lem 15 be better (the Lem 14 seems to me a bit heavy and clunky to me, isn’t it so)? Or is there another model? I already know, doing sports with an Android watch can always cause problems. But I want to find a compromise and will use the watch with great care while running.

The Ticris Max S is by far the best if you can accomodate the size . The Lem14 / Rollmee S08 are also great but very thick .

Thanks

PS - If you get a Max S use this for running

1 Like

Thank you for the instructive informations.

1 Like

I’ve had no issues with my O2 and it is my favorite FAW, but I haven’t tried working out with it. Too bad about your LEM12 Pro - that’s the one I use for when I get really sweaty. But yeah the SIM tray should be taped up.

1 Like

Thats the lem12 pro is a great sized watch but MUST have the sim tray taped up for running

2 Likes

@Dr_Andy_Vishnu @Bozley
But if you tape up the watch, I think the heart rate measurement doesn’t work anymore, isn’t it so?

It will work. He is just talking about the SIM tray, not about the hartrate sensor.

2 Likes

Hi there,
I’m using my Optimus 2 Kospet Watch for a few months and I think I may now give my opinion on that watch, just in case it may be of some help.

To me, hardware is a success although buttons are fragile (never had problems though).
Reading this topic, I believe everyone agrees that battery life is surprinsingly good, and the additional battery (not provided, don’t trust the reviews) adds another level of autonomy. Connectivity is also very good, whatever the band. The watch is plastic but good looking. Not a jewel but ok for a watch. Screen is also quite good. Colours are successfully rendered.

Software is a global failure. Too many bugs, really. Others noticed the lift wake bug and the meteo app refusing to update the weather forecast, Gaofit is just a bad piece of software but I believe the worst is the implementation of Android 10 AOSP. A full android watch should have a full android functioning system. Fonts are way too small, impossible to increase their size, making Android unusable. The Play Store is here but one can’t install Google apps and hope to have them running. Contacts, Agenda, but also Gboard… Google assistant works though but it’s the only one. Others apps can be installed though but still, it doesn’t look serious from Kospet. Now would I recommand the Optimus 2 ? No. Sadly, the really good hardware deserves a good system and apps out of the box. Would I sell mine ? Well, no. there is hope here. The community is here and is very helpfull There is also the FAW firmware hope. This forum is really great indeed.
Ok then. I don’t recommand the optimus 2 to newbies or people who don’t master English.
I recommend the FAW community.

Thanks for reading !

And we have mentioned many times we advise users to use " Watchdroid " when connecting with a android phone . Much more stable and we have contact with the owner . As for the playstore , yes a few apps dont work but most do with the stock firmware . Thanks

1 Like

I’ve had my Optymus 2 for a week and mostly i love it. BUT. The biggest problem I have with it is the inability to pinch to zoom in/out or rotate the screen or an object. Example - I can start up the Android 10 easter egg, but because I can’t rotate the 1, I can’t make the Q to enter the paint app;-(.

People say the GPS is not as accurate as it could be, but its not just that. Other apps that use gps can have problems and I’ll get a ‘Bad Response’ bubble come on the display. It gets even worse if I use Universal Launcher New Gen, not only is the ‘Bad Response’ bubble semi permanent, but Blootooth will be in a constant loop of conecting and disconecting, making that launcher unuseable.

I very much hope we get a better firmware soon - I could forgive everything else if only pinch to zoom is made to work!

You have installed an old version of UL, that’s why you’re getting the “bad response”

1 Like

I get Bad Response from Waze and I thiink also, Drive. Maps is only one that has never done this. It does not matter if UL is installed or not. Because I have those apps installed, if I use the Smoking Monkey watchface then the Bad Response bubble will appear and disapear from time to time. If I then install and use UL then that face is unusable and I need to turn off bluetooth. If Waze and Drive are not installed Smoking Monkey has no problem. I cannot see this as hardware problem. GPS works fine in maps with / without UL. Its other apps that complain.

1 Like