Optimus 2 Official support Thread - Updated 26/06/21

excuse me, this link. error 404 not found.
despite many tests my gps with the original firmware version works well with google maps, but very badly as a fix and track with other apps including the one present in the smartwatch, absurd and very inaccurate track

Yes, see I edited my post above.

thnks and excuse me, do you have suggestions to fix my problems with gps?

Yes, use the International firmware from the post up above.
Almost all apps available will be unable to read information from the GPS in the stock firmware.
The stock firmware is designed to work with the built-in apps. Third party apps will not work properly if they need access to sensor or location.
However, if you allow the app to access your location and enable Unrestricted Data in the watch permissions - it might help.

The myrunning app is the best solution regardless of firmware.
It will be available on the thread again soon.
@Dr_Andy_Vishnu has a copy he can post.

@dragonwar this is the post I mentioned for the international firmware. No flash tools needed.

thanks a lot

people seem very keen on this runtastic, does it have VO2max testing, and if so is it over a set distance, or any distance you run, subject of course to a measurable effort ?

personally iā€™m no fan of these smartwatches for health and fitness purposes, i usually freeze the relevant apps and use a separate dedicated device, in my case a huawei fit watch

so iā€™ve just run a geekbench 5 test on my device, iā€™m still on firmware v1.4, having frozen a few of the health/fitness apps, and the adups.fota software, results are:

single-core 142
multi-core 795

iā€™d be interested in any score against the v1.6 firmware, or even, if somebody is brave enough to hold pablo11ā€™s feet to the fire, against the international firmware ?

Updated . New link now working :handshake:

1 Like

Runtastic i have tested also . Trust me MRA is the best on A7.1.1 and the FAW firmware . It is the only fitness app that uses the in-built HRM .

What is it in particular that you are asking?
Power consumption ?
If you use the International FW with power saving enabled (as the second launcher does in ā€œlight modeā€ you will be able to use the watch for a very long time indeed. Longer than stock.
Even in regular mode - International v1.2 is better than regular mode and almost as good as light mode.
But why are you asking ?
You can test it yourself.
It is not like you need to flash anything after all.
It is an update zip file that is used be the built in OTA app on the stock firmware.
The only difference is you change the OTA app settings to ā€œlocal storage updateā€ and select the zip file that you have uploaded to the watch storage.
Use v1.0 if you are running stock Opt 2 FW or v1.2 if you have already updated to v1.0

1 Like

i have no problem with power consumption on my watch a present, iā€™m simply seeking as much info as possible before i make the decision on whether to upgrade, itā€™s great we can upgrade without flashing, my assumption is we canā€™t revert without flashing

iā€™m not a keen flasher

MRA, ???

(apologies for all those ?'s, had to get my character length up !)

Sorry . My running app My Running app - support thread
The link is working now.
Rather than re-posting the apk over and over - just click on the link to the thread and you can download it now.

1 Like

finished installation of version 1
.2 on optimus 2, everything works fine. The gps now seems more accurate but I will tell you after doing some tests. The only app missing from the original firmware is that of blood oxygen measurement. Will it be added?

looks good from the point of view of compatibility with smartwatches, but no mention of VO2max, the holy grail of fitness/health wearable metrics

(currently at any rate)

This is something I agree on @Ted
I would not purchase a Full Android Watch for such activities.
If I wanted reliable fitness, blood oxygen/pressure monitoring or sleep statistics - I would by a device that does this reliably.
By reliably - I mean that it uses sensors types that collect the data required and it is accurate - because this is what it was designed for.
But I would end up paying a LOT of money for an accurate device such as this.

When I look for quality in a Full Android Watch - I look for the following:
a) build quality and reliability
b) good screen quality/visibility
c) excellent battery life
d) watch face compatibility
e) google integration - properly done so I can use voice control
f) good phone call ability
g) good GPS integration for maps
h) Value for money.

At the end of the day I like to keep my expectations real.
For a $200 watch - I think that the Optimus 2, Prime 2, Lokmat APPALP 4 and LEM15 pretty much cover these requirements, including heart rate monitoring (which I never use, lol) - when combined with firmware that is more suitable for international customers.

Itā€™s a matter of perspective and expectations from a watch in this price bracket.
Of course - we could get far more from these devices if we were willing to pay more money.
The way things work is that the brand has to lay out their money up front for a minimum order of 2000 pieces. Regardless if it is a flop or not - they have to take a very large risk every time they do it.
Remember the Genesis ? This is a prime example of the poor guy laying out ALL his own savings - hoping it would be successful. Sadly the quality control from the factory he chose let him down and I think it will be a long time before he gets over that experience.
Itā€™s a cutthroat business and at the moment the brands donā€™t think that any watch priced over $250 would sell.
Sadly they are right and we need to be willing to pay a little more if we want more functionality.
Until they get confidence that there is a willingness to pay that little extra for a better (more functions and development) watch - they cannot risk it.
To produce 2000 Optimus 2 watches for example - means an up front payment of $330,000 (cost price)
If it were to fail - they would lose this money.
I think we all need to remember this.
Sermon over for today :joy:

5 Likes

Yes you are correct - going back to stock requires flashing.
Jeez - how long have you been using these devices and you are still worried about flashing an almost unbrick able device? :joy:
Come on @Ted - itā€™s a very simple task and the benefit is HUGEā€¦

iā€™m a cautious bloke, iā€™ve made quite a nice living out of being cautious iā€™ll have you know !

1 Like

No worriesā€¦
I was joking of course @Ted :blush:

1 Like