Optimus 2 Official support Thread - Updated 26/06/21

I’m moving this to the correct thread now and let’s also see what other people think.
Personally I have never heard of 3 failing, one after the other…

1 Like

Anyone else had a problem with 3 watches - every time it is replaced…?
Apart from the early Prime 2 (crap factory used) - I have not seen anything like this since we began in 2015.
Feedback needed and much appreciated.

2 Likes

Hi Pabo
Thank you for your answer
So here is what I can say:

a) Have you flashed any firmware on the watch?
No I never flashed the watch I only installed the holo launcher on it because it makes easy to access to the main app that I use with this watch : xdrip diabetes dexcom g6 reader

b) Have you returned it with firmware that is not factory stock firmware?
No I didn’t. the only two changes on the watch was installing holo launcher and xdrip app

c) What do you use to charge the watch, because it sounds like a power problem, causing the battery or control circuit to fail. Charger should be maximum 1 A.
I am using the powerbank that was included with the watch nad some times my usb connection The powerbank is working normal loaded via PC USB connection
d) Have you tried to or successfully rooted the watch?
No I didn’t
e) Did you have any problems with moisture getting into the watch?
I don’t think so. I am sweeting in sommer when I am walking in the hills or making sport (running), but I don’t think it could be the problem
[/quote]

Ok, great.
Thanks for the information.

So I see from previous posts that you had a button not working properly on one.
What were the problems with the other 2 that had to be returned…?

Because I see that this one you are talking about now must be the 4th watch… Is this correct?
In August last year you posted the above message about the button problem.

wow I am not shure. maybe it is the 4th one. anytime it was something different. Yes one time it was the button. One time it overheated by wearing it not loading. it went hot what I remember and now it disconnect suddenly without any sign. So anytime it was something different. It wasn’t the same mistake at any time. so I don’t think that I am doing soemthing wrong if the mistakes are always different. Am I thinking wrong?

In that other thread you just say that they “died”

yes it was me. Like i wrote I am using also Aladeng W5 for the same function- to navigate my diabetes and somehow it works since 2 years right now

Are you using BT tethering for your diabetes sensor all the time?
If you are, you must not use any other BT tethering like Wiiwear or similar.
Just FYI it has a very different Bluetooth system to the other watch you mentioned.

At this point, I am finding it hard to understand why they should now send you a fifth watch…?
Especially as you have had enough experience now to understand that what you are doing is not working and is possibly causing the problem.

The pixart BT chip is maybe not compatible with what you need to do

2 Likes

well it is important to understand that the xdrip doesnt use the bluetooth the whole time . And Pixart Bt is also build in some smartphones that are working without any problems wit xdrip on smartphones. I dont understand why it should be a problem. I am not thetering it i am using direkt bluetooth and by the way: How can you explain that the aladeng W5 which is a cheap android watch works really great with the same settings and as the same collector for the device? I have this advice for 3 years now and I am using it a lot , all the time when kospet died. The same aladeng W5 device is working until today…
By the way the exchanged me now 2 devices not 3. there is a wrong information from somwhere. this is now my 3rd device from Kospet not 4th.
I mean some people use it to make pictures to take calls to surf internet. I use this device in standby modus to sending me only signals from my sensor when my sugar is going low or high. This is like would you say it is impossible to use it with bluetooth headphones for calling or hearing music. I don’t really understand the argument. So I don’t use it extremly. My battery last fort 2 days so it also shows that the watch is not working hard.

1 Like

Ok, i think there is a misunderstanding, i dont think there is a problem with the watch as you said the watch is recognized by pc and it shows you fully charged, so that means the watch isnt dead, right?what if it needed to be updated? Have you reset it when you got it and did fully charge it? I know other members use their watches for the same purpose, and yes as using BT shouldnt be a problem,.
So lets start over:))
Is the watch shows any sign? Charging, pc connection?

well only if i connect it to the pc via original usb cable. it shows the logo of kospet my pc give a sign that a new device was found . than after 5 seconds my pc is lsaying it lost device contact and than I see only the baterry icon on the screen of kospet which is sayung the baterry is full loaded. if I take the usb cable out from the watch it doesn’t react on button press at all. this is waht happens. I will try to record it today evening

1 Like

well one more thing which is important. The watch has everytime other damage. The first time like you already know. the knob was not working- i don’t think it has something to do with the bluetooth and my dexcom. The second time it overheated suddenly. No idea why it was not connected to charge the battery. and now it starts to disconnect him self for about one hour. the watch was restaring himself for an hour again and again. suddenly it was working for about one more hour. then it disconnect and now I can only get some start signal when I connect it to the PC. My Pc is giving a signal that a new device was found. the watch is showing Kospet logo and sudenly my pc is saying disconnected and I can only see that the baterry is full loaded 100% thats all what happens now. Like you see all 3 times it happens something diferrent. I don’t think it is my diabetes collector…
by the way. I paid for an device. so I don’t understand why I shouldn’t get my warranty back. I could accept also if they paid me back 50% of the original price of the watch back

1 Like

Your answer to question E is the problem. If you have been running " sweating or not " this is causing your problem. Running with this watch will cause it to get stuck in a bootloop until the battery dies. After this it will usually be okay. Doing this over and over i’m sure will cause permanent damage. We all have mentioned over and over sport with this watch is a no no. I have tested most of the watches on this forum for fitness and for me only the Ticris Max S seems to survive

2 Likes

okay. but like I know the watch has a sport option. Why? if you can’t use it for sport? I don’t really understand it.It would be the same like if you buy running shoes but please keep in mind you can only walk with it,or keep it in box and take only a look on it :smiley:
My question is: what is the watch for? it is not aloud to use it as a collector with bluetooth but it has a bluetooth and it will also advertise you can make calls and listen to the music connect to internet and to your smartphone. It has a sport function but it is not aloud to make sport with it. So what is aloud to do with the watch? hold it in a box?
It doesn’t change the fact that all 3 watches dies of diferrent problems- they are all above. I paid 220$ for this and I am not able to use it for nothing. Could anyone explain me for what are you using your watch?

Basically everything but sport. For me its the best overall watch to date.

okay I use it as a medical collector for my diabetes. and it also doesn’t work. still don’t understand why it has sport option if you not aloud to do it

31 Sports Modes – Stay Active, Your Way

KOSPET OPTIMUS 2 serves as your new best fitness pal with its built-in 31 sports modes, such as various indoor and outdoor workouts, ball sports and so forth, helping you make the most of every physical exercise.
this is what kospet site is saying. So maybe they should take it away from the site

And one more thing. At the sommer we are all sweeting it is so hot that you don’t really have to do anything to sweet. So it means I am aloud only to wear the watch in winter spring and autumn? This is getting surreal. On every plastic bag is standing a notice : Don’t pull it over your head. Kospet should put a big notice on the box : Don’t wear it on naked wrist. I don’t think that my watch has something to do with that by the way. because connected to pc it starts and than he fail and turn out. So it has to be something diferrent. And if I pay for a product I also expect to use it…in the way it is advertise

2 Likes

I dont agree with what is said about the FAWs , i use mine mainly as an activity tracker and yes i had corrosion issues as a result of sweat and few of my watches stopped working cos of this BUT as i wrote the device i have now is identical ro my previous lokmat 7 that had sweat damage on the charging pins and i couldent charge it but it still works perfectly just i couldnt charge it so i bought a new one same usage and no damage nothing , from this store (manufacturer store) i bought most of my wafches and no damages. I know the kospet watches are good cos i had the prime and the hope and same usage as the watch i have now and still working, im not sure yours is dead i think it is a software issue. Try and hold the power button for more than a minute and see if it turns on.
***the only cativity that i will never do with it is swimming:)

Sweat isnt the issue with the O2. Its humidity and the camera slot ( i dont sweat much )

2 Likes

I hate to bother you guys again i kept the watch . Anyway i deleted the gaofit app frpm my phone and done a factory reset on my watch , now everything works through the 4g but when i am at home the only way to get the stock apps i have mentioned before on my wifi is , i have to connect to my phones bluetooth. Ive been scratching my head is this a wifi setting . I dont have gaofit app anymore but those apps wont work unless im teathered to my phone. Im i over thinking this or is it a simple settings issue . Thank you for you help.