Optimus 2 Official support Thread - Updated 26/06/21

Sorry I did not mean to stray😇

No problem.
It’s easy to fix :+1:

1 Like

@ LisaDeHart,

i have your send a private message

Got it and sent reply… Thanks I like this one I’ll will customize it and load it soon

Hello Guys i dont allow the notifocation on watch droid phone then allow and wait 10 seconds and press ok. I have to do this everytime everyday and everytime when i erase alps?? Its annoying and everytime i cant pair with my phone. Is there any solution for it?

Hi. Really sorry but i am struggling to understand your english so i will guess at the problem . Watch droid needs to be able to run in the background for it to work . Follow these instructions for the app on your watch

2 Likes

i am really sorry about my english. its not my main laguage. so i am askin that: i can not see notification on my watch. I use Watch Droid Phoene but i can not activate notificitons. I activated yesterday and i use it perfectly, all notifications i see on my watch. But today i can not turn on. (It says: Notification Service-Inactive). Do you understand me sir? I am sorry about my funny English :see_no_evil:
I just wanted to attach screenshot but i cant. Maybe i can make video and upload youtube then i will drop a link here.

Don’t worry about your english…
Make sure that battery saver is disabled on your watch AND on your phone.
Then reboot your phone and your watch and pair pair like an odenary Bluetooth device, not by using the qr code.

1 Like

And with my phone i always find that if i pair with the watch the normal way , THEN use the qr code its very stable :+1:

Hi all, any updates on an international FAW version for the Optimus 2? Or can the Prime 2 version of the international FAW that I downloaded last summer be installed on the Optimus 2?

I’m considering buying an Optimus 2 as a replacement/upgrade for my current Prime 2 (which HAS been upgraded with the international FAW firmware, but now has a broken camera) and I’m just wondering if anyone can enlighten me regarding the following, for the Optimus 2 as it comes “out of the box”:

-can Google apps be used in round screen mode? (this was not possible with the stock Prime 2 firmware)
-is there an easily accessible screenshot function?
-can the camera orientation be “flipped” or “toggled” in 3rd party apps? (not possible in either stock or international FAW firmware on Prime 2, and is quite annoying when you’re, for example, trying to take a picture from within WhatsApp, but if the problem has been solved on the Optimus 2 then that, combined with the flash, would pretty much make it a no brainer for me to buy)
-anyone got any experience to report with the new “life waterproof” level? As in, is it OK to walk around in light rain and/or wear it while exercising and sweating heavily?
-how is the charging cable connection stability? It hasn’t been great on the Prime 2.

Thanks!
Benson

1 Like

Hi . I appreciate we keep saying this but the FAW is imminent . Family commitments have slowed things down . Certainly dont flash the wrong firmware . Google apps - no . Screenshot - no without app . Camera - no without app . Running with the optimus and prime 2 are a issue due to the moving camera positon

1 Like

Hi Benson. Got my O2 in January. I’m on stock everything including Launcher. The first hour of me having the O2 I did the OTA firmware update 1.7 . I am going to keep it on stock for as long as I can possibly go with it because I have all I need (200) apps in it functioning perfectly. I can not answer about photos in whatsapp because I’m not a heavy user of it. I do have another friend that is annoyed by not being able to flip photos in third party apps and it not having an option of showing photos in horizontal form but he’s also not using the Quickflip app so thats the price ya pay. I on the other hand appreciate the Sony camera that does vibrant HD photography in both photos and video and also puts a flashlight on my wrist for when ever I need. I use all the Google main phone function apps as my default dialer, mms, etc because the stock functions app are basic, do not provide the functions I want. and do not switch to square screen well. I use square mode 99% of my screen time on my O2 …All Google apps function in round and square mode no matter what build of firmware it’s on. The only trouble I had with apps was Google Calendar crashing and Google Contacts not syncing and Netflix crashing. For my watch the only work around for the Calendar was for me to load a third-party app that integrated Google Calendar. The Good people of this forum rescued me on Google Contacts syncing by providing me with the Contacts Sync app, lol. Then on the Netflix app I seemed to wake up and realize …oh this is not an O2 problem !. It’s the politics of all Asian Androids (Google) ie via all my other Asian devices experience so I rolled Netflix back to a date before the bad politics and it functions perfectly on the O2 … The hardware of the O2 is top notch the software like most all Asian devices is “not so much” . which I don’t believe has anything to do with the devices at all. Many can not be Google play protect certified. As for water I do not get mine wet because I want it’s other functions more than I want it to be rugged. I read others hear report bad screen behavior when they wore it in a sweaty workout so I will use a sweat band bar it to block sweat if I wear it in those conditions in the hot days of summer and I usually cover it with my sleeve if I wear it in the rain just being a bit cautious because is it is not ip68 rating, I do wear it doing dishes and washing hands but I don’t let it get soaked… The only issue with the data transfer charging cable is that I believe they should send you 2 instead of one. My only other notation on build is I disappointed thats it little Puck sized battery charging bank companion doesn’t have an off switch

1 Like

Thanks! I know a workaround for the screenshot with button mapper. But the camera toggle was a problem. You wrote “Camera - no without app” - does that mean there is an app workaround?

Also, when you say “running with”, do you mean literally jogging, or the figurative meaning of running with, as in “to adopt/choose/use”?

Thanks Lisa. I’m not really worried about the horizontal vs vertical thing with photos; it’s more the fact that my camera is upside down when I try to use it to take pictures (other than selfies) from within other apps.

Re: square vs round mode - I don’t see the point of having such a large (round) screen if it’s in square mode most of the time - if that’s the case, why not just make the screen rectangular? Being able to make full use of the screen is even more important if I’m going to move from the larger Prime 2 screen to the smaller Optimus 2 screen. On a related note, any whispers of when a new Android 10 version of the Kospet Note might come out? If the Kospet Note had Android 10 and a front-facing, rotatable camera with flash, that, IMO, would combine the best features of the Note and the Optimus 2!

The Google Calendar and Contacts thing might be a bit of an issue for me too. Currently I’ve got my Prime 2 working how I want it on the international FAW firmware; only problem is the camera just broke (which is an even bigger problem at the moment because I have to scan into work each day using a Covid app that requires you to scan a QR code, so I’m carrying my tablet into work each day just to be able to scan in).

And re: water resistance, yes I’m aware there’s no IP68 rating, so was just wondering what the difference between the “life waterproof” of the Optimus 2 and the “no waterproof” of the Prime 2 is. Has anyone tried playing soccer while wearing the Optimus 2? :slight_smile:

Hi . Yes i have seen various apps in @SmartWatch_Ticks videos which may help with camera . I think he used one in Genesis video . Yes i meant jogging . Optimus 2 and prime 2 can go into a bootloop during open air running which corrects itself when battery drains

Benson

1. I don’t have an issue using the camera in third party apps on my Optimus 2 … If you are concerned with that there are apps like Flip Image that might ??? help you ?

2. There is not a screen size issue (for me) on round or square /rectangle because you choose whatever works best for you…note:::if you choose square/rectangle mode it gives you better access to clickables. It’s always a personal choice unless you are using stock apps. Your apps should all function in both modes.

3. I haven’t. heard anything on a new version of the Kospet Note but thats not to say Kospet isn’t working on it … It’s still advertised as operating on A7 and lower specs . I don’t know of any other FAW with rotatable flash camera other than the O2 to date. Technology advance surprises’ can be speedy with Kospet.

4. I mentioned the Google work arounds that I had to put a little effort on with my O2 as anyone may encounter on any FAW due to the conflicts with Google . All Google and other apps are presently functioning perfectly on my O2 , so I choose the Google phone function apps as my default apps because they do more than stock apps… They function in both round and square /rectangle modes.

5. The Optimus 2 did recently receive an OTA firmware upgrade of build 1.7 on the A10.7 system. As Dr mentioned. above, this forum will be able to provide links to it’s members to a firmware upgrade soon.

6. As far as water resistant life proof my O2 has not had any fits due to a little splash of me washing hands or doing dishes… I do think one needs to not let water or sweat seep in it near the camera …sim tray or speaker. I have heard others concerned because their screens had fits after wearing it during a rigorous workout

1 Like

Sounds promising that the camera issue can be solved with a 3rd party app. Re: Google apps working (including in square mode), Dr_s reply earlier (“Google apps - no”) seems to suggest they won’t. To be clear, what I mean is that Google apps like Gmail, Contacts, Calendar, Maps etc are permanently set to square mode, even when I select round mode as the global setting. This was the case on the Prime 2 stock firmware (even after doing an OTA update), and one of the main reasons I went for the international FAW firmware upgrade. Given the other Google app workarounds you mentioned as being necessary, sounds like I should wait until an international FAW firmware upgrade becomes available for the Optimus 2.

When it does, it will be posted in this forum, correct?

Sounds like soccer with the Optimus 2 is still a no-no, but that’s not a huge deal.

Its worth waiting for . All google apps working perfectly :+1:

not on mine, i can toggle all apps square or round, mind you, i’m still on the original v1.4 firmware

works a treat !

2 Likes

Google apps are Not permanently set to square mode in my O2 . They never were stuck in either screen mode before or after it’s update

1 Like