Optimus 2 Official support Thread - Updated 26/06/21

Yes, there is a thread about Universal launcher 3 here:
-Universal Launcher [Ver. 3.x and above]

Yes this version is okj.

Button mapper schould work for your watch.

I tried it but it works only when the app is running as soon as i press Power Button it stopping working and if i open it again i need to give access to everything (accessibility etc) again :confused:

You have to disable this app in battery saver.

1 Like

Read this

2 Likes

I think it may be worth noting that these are watches - not intended for gaming, or using as a little PC.
The life of your device will be significantly reduced by doing these things.
The components are not selected for their ability to stand up to this kind of use.

This message is for all android watch users.
Don’t be upset when your screen suddenly becomes a mess or the heat stress causes other damage if used in this way.
It may not cause a thermal shutdown, (seeming to be ok) but prolonged use like this will definitely reduce the life of the watch and most likely the screen will be the first item to become defective.

Just a general warning - of course - it’s up to you :+1:

4 Likes

Thank you pablo, I’m aware of this situation with heat and I have measured the temperature while only charging and while playing small games, and it heats much less while playing games from time to time than only charging, so I’m confident no profound damage is being made, but thanks again for the advice.

On the other hand maybe you know how to disable or even how to search for that strange “bypass” message that appears whenever I press a button on my bluetooth controller? I don’t get this message on any other android device I own, so I’m clueless

I found what causing the issue, when screen is OFF you can not map keys (Something with Android Security) Button Mapper still allows this with ADB but only to use Volume Keys (which Optimus 2 doesn’t have) so its basically useless for instant actions like toggle Flashlight or open Camera with Back or Power buttons :confused:

1 Like

My first responce on your app question of the O2 is…you can learn to program some pretty awesome watch faces here that are gifted to us by the talented watch face designers of this forum which allow you easy access to all of your most important apps in your watch right from your Watch Face. I choose to not use the Universal Launcher …I am on the Stock Launcher and I use the Button Mapper app to give me quick back button access to My App Drawer app that puts all your apps alphabetized on your Watch Face when you need to find one quickly. Do not let your optimization settings app turn off the button mapper or my app drawer or you will lose access to anything you programed them to do for you i.e. flashlight you immediate access to the camera flash as your flash light on your optimus2. i use the watch faces that give options to program them to quick touch to my phone dialer, camera, google assistant, music and voice recorder. remember your google assistant will open up. most all apps you have in the large rom of the o2 with a simple command of hey google. Getting your Optimus 2. to do anything you need it to do for you will take patience.trial and error… and advise of others who have problem solving skill with it which I found here in this forum. We are talking about Asian watches here that don’t always get along well with Google Play protect and Google rules… You may need to side load and find work arounds to make it the perfect do everything gadget but it can and mine does thanks to all the help I got here with it. .note. I don’t get what the problem is your are saying with Button Mapper and the screen off ? I’ve been using Button Mapper to give me easy access to my flashlight on my wrist since my first hours of having the Optimus 2. I need access to my flashlight frequently which is a main reason I bought this watch. so not sure how to help you with the screen off problem on yours… Did you try your lift to wake setting on that ? I don’t use lift to wake on mine because it’s more of a pain and gimmick to me than a help but it seems that if you have your screen turn on automatically for your use of Button Mapper might be a solution. ?? Also Button Mapper gives you access to all your accessibility settings that Kospet chopped off.

1 Like

HaHa ! And I thought I was bad watching Netflix and movie apps on my O2 and accepting credit cards in my shop on it … :grin: Well on the bright side at least a Full Android may be a little more replaceable for some than the other famous brand of tethered watches

Hello guys. I bought this watch today. I am reaaly new at this. İ wont use any simg card i just want to use pair it with my phone. And want to see all notification on my phone. Please give me beginner advices. What shoult i do first?

1 Like

Watch this

To pair with your phone ( android ) you need to install " watchdroid " on watch and phone . You will find info on this in this forum and the playstore

When installed on watch read this so it works correctly

2 Likes

That’s fine…
Your use case is fairly normal.
I was referring to the more aggressive use of the watch for viewing long movies or gaming.
Unfortunately the screens and some other components, are just not up to that usage and will probably degrade far quicker than if it was used as (dare I say it) a Smartwatch :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Yes, I think playing COD or Witcher may be quite difficult on a small watch screen. And some FA watches are on Android 7 or even 9 with not enough ram rom or processor speed.

1 Like

Thanks for the advice about Watchfaces will definitely check it out. About “Button Mapper: Remap your keys” (with screen off) its common issue only with root you can use it properly (without root you can use ADB but only for Volume Keys). I checked reddit and ppl say same thing.

P.S: How do i get something similar to this watchface? With apps etc. I didn’t find anything specific
:/

1 Like

Ok …I hear what your saying on root but I think there just may be a bit of confusion on the settings of the app if you’re talking about the O2 here. I bought the O2 for many reasons but my very top priority with it is to have instant access to the the flashlight on my wrist at Night. I could not do that with it without Button Mapper. My O2 is on Stock Launcher and is Not Rooted (yet): So far I have been able to avoid that level of geekness of having to null and void it’s warranty (my O2 is newer… got it in January) I will go through the steps to get your flashlight working for you here .

1. Load Button Mapper from Play store
  2. Go to settings Apps & Notifications then Permissions
  3. Turn on Permissions to the Camera
  4. Then Go to your Optimization App click on Clean task then click on Battery Saver then find Button Mapper and uncheck it (otherwise your Opt feature will shut it down constantly)
  5. Now you can Open the Button Mapper App… the only setting you are using for the O2 in Button Mapper is the Back Button settings. Click on Enable at the top
  6. then click on Back Button . There you will find Customize… Turn that on. Then under that you will find long press and double tap features to set as you wish… There you can set your back button however you want it to work for you … Look under Actions at your top options to set, and you’ll find toggle flashlight :flashlight:. Set it and back out …Now try your Back Button Flashlight controls.
    ( it has never failed me.)

I have my long press set to open the My Drawer app because it puts instant access to all your apps alphabetized on your screen and my Double Tap the back button set to turn on and off my :flashlight: …since I probably would not have bought this watch without it NOTE: Your double click will take 3 clicks to your Back Button to turn your screen on first

And Yes that watch face is awesome and I’m not presently using that one. I am able to use 13 of the touch point watch faces that are gifted to us in this forum on my O2. In order to use the wonderfully convenient touch point watch faces on any FAW you must use the directions here on writing in - “arraytype 100” to change the code addresses in the clockskin.xml file. In order to change the app addresses of the watch face elements to the apps in your watch you must use the app called Package Names to give you, your app addresses that need to be pasted in the proper position in clockskin.xml. . They have to be programmed to the app addresses in your watch specifically. I had to spend a couple of days here figuring it all out. :nerd_face: And I have been known to be capable of writing code. LOL …In another comment I’ll send the some links to the watch faces that I have been able to program for my O2. Turning my O2 into a little futuristic prototype device does take a little bit of time and effort. So far the O2s only negatives are I can’t make it do the dishes or laundry and “try as I might” I haven’t been able to geek myself to the level of a Watch Face Designer (yet) which kinda blows, because I have had successes in graphic arts and have great ideas for face designs.

4 Likes

Thank you! I did same steps before but i haven’t gave Access to Camera (cause Flashlight was working without it :rabbit:) strangely enough after i toggle on access to Camera it started working when the screen is Off :smiley_cat:. Nobody mentioned it before so big thanks for that! :chipmunk:

1 Like

Does anybody know if Camera and Screen have some protection? I mean like Gorilla Glass or something? I use O2 mostly for cycling and after some time with it and must say its must-have device for such activity but i dunno about durability tho :confused:

1 Like

Thank you so much🥰

1 Like