Optimus 2 Official support Thread - Updated 26/06/21

Hi everybody, I wanted to share a interesting possibility with this watch that I have not seen posted before, with some apps (TaskBar and novaLauncher) I was able to get a full desktop experience from the watch, I feel it is my duty to get all the juice out of those 8 cores and 4gb of RAM, I may do a tutorial if people is interested.

Cod mobile and psp games run quite playable, this is also another way to step up from the single input limitation of the optimus 2 screen.
foto1

1 Like

Looks good…
Have you noticed the device getting hot?
Ideal option would be to have the watch display off and enable dual display…

Just saying this because over the years, one of the main problems is heat which then degrades the lcd or the connection behind the panel.
The display was designed to be just for a watch face and some simple apps - for short bursts of time.

Having the screen on (and pushing the watch hard to do things it was not intended for) will likely cause components to fail.

Unlike mobile phones, the watch has almost no heat distribution facility. The area is very small for heat to escape.
Screen on for long periods of time and or using 4G cellular for extended periods can easily cause thermal shutdown or if unlucky - damage.

This is why it would be far better to enable a dual display setup so that the watch screen can be off while the other screen is on :+1:

3 Likes

You’re absolutely right. I have been repairing Chinese electronics for ten years. A common problem is that the heat distribution is undersized and the components used are regularly sized to an absolute limit. These operate at or often above the upper limit of the load capacity. Very often there is a brilliant electronic concept and a saving solution. I advise everyone not to push the boundaries of Chinese electronic devices, treat them gently and they will work well for a long time.

3 Likes

Yes @gyuri, thanks.

When these devices are designed, they are not considered for gaming or any other funky stuff.
They are designed to be watches.

If people try to turn them into gaming machines or bitcoin mining devices - good luck.
Just don’t expect them to last more than a few weeks when trying to use them for this kind of thing.

Consider this a friendly disclaimer

3 Likes

Thank you very much for the info on the sensibility of these devices to heat, the use of a secondary screen created with adb seems too much for the watch (slows down a lot), but I do turn the screen off and only use the computer screen, for me personally I think 8 cores and 4gb of ram are too much for just watching the time :stuck_out_tongue: , but I will adapt a Raspberry Pi fan case to lower the 70 Celsius it reaches , it does tends to get too hot when using it like a mini computer .

Bringing another topic, I just read the Apple Watch built in heart monitor uses a third of its battery, so I guess it consumes some on the optimus 2, maybe somebody knows how to turn it off? I tried stopping all the related services with no luck. (What I want is to turn off the green lights on the back until necessary)

Hi
I ve need to download last faw firmware of kospet optimus 2
where do I found it?
thanks

1 Like

A wase of time as the new version is due soon

2 Likes

The old version is not available. And the new version is not yet available

2 Likes

i am also eagerly waiting for the International release.

due to which i am not doing much on the watch.

Vishnu bhai…Quick Quick

No updates on any developments?

Drop a hint on expected date of release

2022 years.
You’re a “little” impatient.
Development has been going on for six months.
Once done, it will be available to everyone.

3 Likes

I’m just afraid that the model and hardware of the watch will be out of date by the time the firmware comes out

Your worries are unnecessary.
Are you afraid that an Android10 model released in 2021 will be obsolete?
Don’t be mad but it’s funny.
A lot of people use Android7.1 or older FAW watches. And they have no problem with it.

1 Like

Its impossible to be out of date as no new watches are coming for months .

2 Likes

Exactly right @Dr_Andy_Vishnu
No fear of it being out of date…
The truth is that you are lucky if you can still buy Android Watches at the moment.

@pablo11 The post I like the situation I don’t like.
How do I push “like”? :wink: :+1:

There still are quite a few Optimus 2s (Optimi 2?) available apparently. I just ordered another one from the Aliexpress Kospet store.

Thats correct . Still plenty of stock of this latest offering from Kospet :+1:

I’m sure Kospet will keep putting them out as long as they are selling well. Other stores also have stock. I still see stores offering the original Kospet prime.

I purchased my Optimus2 two and a half weeks ago directly from Kospet because they knew I was looking at it and emailed me a 20% off coupon on top of their Optimus2 sale… Me, thinking they were based in Asia somewhere and me in the USA , thought I’d then have a little time to outfit my new…" do everything gadget watch" with new watch bands and tiny miniature Bluetooth gear. i.e.little Speakers, tiny bone conduction ear clips, fine point stylus, mini keyboard etc. . But noooo thats not how it went. I did get it for a cheaper price than I ever thought I could. But it felt like Kospet droned it to me over night. It was less than two day from when I paid for it that it was on my wrist. They shipped it to me from Kentucky USA. So my new Optimus2 was naked with nothing but its black band for a few days until all it’s new gear and bands arrived :smile:

1 Like