Optimus 2 Official support Thread - Updated 26/06/21

cannot be installed as an update from an existing FAW firmware. Error message! Probably only as a new installation with the Flash Tool. Since there is no further information about this version 1.7, I advise against an installation.
This version 1.7 is not offered on the official website of the manufacturer Kospet.

@pablo11 is in direct contact with Kospet on a weekly basis so this update will be safe to use . Its not for you to advise users against using this firmware . Might i suggest you personally flash your watch to the original firmware then upgrade to the new firmware.

2 Likes

I have installed this update using OTA from the original fw. It’s working ok.

3 Likes

Yes, it is a full flash tools firmware.
Not an OTA.
Hence my statement Full Update when I posted it.

And yes, you have to install it using Firmware Upgrade option in the flash tool if you have been using FAW.

I thought that was well known?
The preloader is different and so due to secure boot - a clean install is needed.

3 Likes

@pablo11 another piece of evidence that it was a good decision to end public FAW testing.

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: LEM12 Pro A10 Official Support

I should have read this before I ordered the watch… I received it 2 days ago, went running with it for the first time and after just 5k there was obviously enough humidity inside the power button so it started boot-looping for the next 5 hours.

So I can only confirm: Don’t get this watch as a Sports Watch, you will be disappointed!

Go to Settings > System > Reset Options and hit “Erase all data”

You will find once the battery runs out the boot loop will stop . However if you run with it again it most possibly will do this again . I can highly recommend the Kospet Note for running . Tried and tested by me many times

Right, the looping eventually stopped, but the Power on/off button is still not working as intended, but more or less randomly. Thanks for your advice anyway.

Happens to us all… :grin:

I would return it asap regarding the power button . The issue is not present on all the watches ( just some ) . I dont believe this is due to your running either but the boot loop is

I tend to agree, however, I ordered that watch through Jumia, Ghana, with the real seller being some no-name china company. Under African terms there is very little I can do legally to enforce any warranty. i guess my only chance would be Kospet Sales directly.

That said, I really see some behavior I have seen before on Samsung mobile phones. Sweat is a very aggressive thing for unprotected phones/watches. the button was totally fine before running and the way it is built it is a lot more exposed than other places where I have seen sweat damage before.

I will let the Xmas days pass before deciding what to do.

Have a great Xmas Eve.

1 Like

I thought this was the Optimus 2 thread ?
Clearing up now.

Notice 2 difference after the 1.7 update:

1. Battery charging much better around 10% to 20% faster.
  2. Display interface much more smooth and the size fits perfectly.
1 Like

Yep - thanks for the feedback.
The situation is that the stock FW provider is merging changes from our FAW firmware into the factory stock version.
Hoping to give a better overall user experience, but at the same time keeping the brands happy with what they think we need as customers.
It is a difficult balance :slight_smile:

1 Like

After another really bad day with this watch and the On/OFF Button functioning more and more randomly I have registered the watch now for return pickup and refund. For now I will go back to my simple and rudimentary running setup from before.

Next time around I will check information like this thread a lot more carefully before making a buying decision. This thing actually ruined a lot of my Xmas experience this year.

Cheers

Very sorry to hear this @gh.comm22 - I really hope they replace or refund for you asap.
I notice that you purchased through a supply chain of some sort.
Is this because the official Kospet store is not available to you ?
It may be best to contact them directly and explain the situation after-sales@kospet.com

1 Like

Thank you for your advice.

Buying directly from Kospet and have it mailed to you is possible in most African countries, but you have to deal with a corrupt, broken systems where everyone from the post office clerk to the customs officers is trying to make their share on the side, especially when you are a foreigner. This is annoying and expensive.

Jumia on the other hand is an established online sales platform that has adapted the Amazon business model to the African reality successfully. If I order something through their global sales they do shipping and customs handling at a fixed, prepaid price. Very convenient, especially given the current restrictions on travel.

And actually, they will pick up any damaged item again from my house and refund me immediately afterwards. Honestly, I have no idea, what’s going to happen on their side afterwards. I guess, they just don’t pay the supplier.

good morning @pablo11 sorry to bother. I’m new here, but I’ve been reading some articles and I had some doubts if I can help, thank you.
I bought a kospet optimus 2 a few days ago and would like to update it to the international version to be able to sync with google easily and not have duplicate apps with the factory ones.
where do i find the latest stable version of the international version and if i have to install the version FAW V1.0 first and if so where do i find this.
sorry to waste your time but i have only found articles that are closed, discontinued or hidden.
have a nice day and happy holidays