Optimus 2 Official support Thread - Updated 26/06/21

i have sim in watch but i want other sim notifications which is inside my phone and apps notifications also.

i am not getting my phones notifications i also synced with gaofit app

Forget goafit and use watchdroid on watch and phone . There is a dedicated watchdroid thread in this forum

i’m using 1.6 stock firmware

Ok thanks.
Yes it is a problem getting things to sync properly with stock.
That’s why we are allowed to make our own version, with the help of the solution provider.

But I guess you already know that.

1 Like

the thing is the watchdroid app not works on lockscreen if i lock the watch the app not works on background the bluetooth gets disconnected. i have to let the app open and wait for light to be turned off on the watch, if i lock the watch screen the bluetooth gets disconnected.

It will work in the background unless there is a issue with your phone . Check this out

1 Like

thanks sir you are so helfpful

1 Like

Its a common mistake made by most users on all watches . Maybe we should think of a way of making users aware of this seeing we answer this problem daily ?

2 Likes

@Dr_Andy_Vishnu … maybe a small " General FAW Tips & Tricks Page" where only moderators etc can add basic instructions for A7/A10 targeted to new users? (some not so new users may also benefit :smiley:)
Such a page could grow over time and may help in addition to the existing website’s forum ‘search’ feature. (a small thought)

4 Likes

I think when we get some stability on firmwares that could be good . Its all over at the moment :+1:

2 Likes

Doc, can we have a separate Video section at home page like we have for different SW makes?. It will be easier to identify and run specific videos, as per requirement. It will be easier then going through each post.

We do have our youtube section at the top of the main page . The other problem is we all work and do this for free so time is limited for us .

1 Like

Yes, that’s why we work with @SmartWatch_Ticks
We simply don’t have the resources and he has already made so many “how to for beginners” videos - that we encourage everyone to join his channel. One of his videos is posted above in this thread…check it out.
End of discussion
Let’s stay on topic.

Same for me.

1 Like

Here’s the latest 2021 version of a setup guide for beginners. As @pablo11 mentioned, I’ve got a whole bunch of tips and tricks type videos up as well as initial setup guides to help get the most out of these smartwatches. Feel free to have a look!

7 Likes

I’ve had double tap and hold on a previous watch and not impressed. I prefer the pinch screen approach that is on my optimus pro. So is this a hardware restriction?? The camera position on the pro is bad, so looking for something better .

Yes it is the touch panel they use.
The panel is not able to support pinch to zoom like the Prime 2 can.

We are hoping for a touch panel firmware update from the factory but it has been weeks and no word yet.

2 Likes

Hello fellow FAW users :slightly_smiling_face: I bought an Optimus 2 a month ago, i used it for about 10 hours and then, after a running session, the watch started to reboot by itself, always stopping at the Kospet logo, until the screen died. I return the watch back (with the valuable help of @pablo11) and they sent me a replacement. The watch worked as it should all the current week, until today, that i went again for a workout… I had almost the same experience, except that the screen isn’t dead, maybe because the battery was at 25% and the screen didn’t work very much until the battery was drained. So i charged the watch and it is fine, fully functional.

The fact that these events happened after a running session plus the fact that i show humidity inside the camera, makes me assume that the sweat has something to do with this problem…

I want to mention that i had upgraded my watch to the latest kospet firmware, then i installed the FAW firmware 1.0 and then the 1.3. These upgrades always followed by factory settings resets.

Had anyone had similar experience?? Or i am just too “lucky”?? :sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

Thank you shor sharing.

For me, having my contacts sync’d yo the watch is so important. I’ll start looking to see if there is a different firmware available yet. Everything else on this watch has been great. This is my final piece. (Also finding a way to better control watch volume too. Why don’t they add volume to the long home of the lower right button with shutdown and the other options? Would be so easy to get to from any screen I’d they did.)

Thanks!

use assistive touch