Omega Snoopy Swatch Black - CORRECT MOON PHASE

Other versions fail to show today’s correct moon phase. More at Doubledad.net

clock_skin_model

CREDIT: Swatch.com

3 Likes

You think Omega made a mistake? Then you should definitely tell them.
Or is there perhaps a possibility that you haven’t grasped the principle behind this watch called “New Moon”?

My post was to show the correct moon phase on this watch which today April 8th is a new moon and therefore the Snoopy moons are blocked out.

BTW, as I am always eager to learn. I just downloaded your version to see what I missed… I thought the snoopy moons would be blocked, but they appear to indicated a full moon today, April 8.

What am I missing?

1 Like

In fact, the Newmoon represents the moon phase a little differently than usual. The aperture that covers the moons is made of semi-transparent glass and is rotated 90 degrees compared to the previous model. This aperture is viewed as the actual moon phase display: When the moon is full, the two Snoopy figures are covered by the glass and make the moon circles glow white. During the new moon, the two Snoopy figures are fully visible, but the glass panel is not backlit and appears black.
This can be clearly seen in the original photos of the watch and is also discussed on the website.

The difficulty was to design a semi-transparent panel that creates a frosted glass effect. You can see how this can work here:

-Snoopy Omega Moonswatch, New Moon

Good to know!