Official Support thread for LEM14

I have a new watch on the way but the Lem14 looks like my next preference. :grinning:

1 Like

Any chance that there will be a smaller, less bulky Android 10 watch? Something in the 46mm diameter range and 12mm thick? Or are the hardware components to big for that?

1 Like

That’s not the battery capacity, it is the charging profile used.
The battery is 1100mah as reported by the manufacturer.
Full HW report of the product is here.
LEM14_Spec.pdf (56.3 KB)

2 Likes

Just had word mine has arrived. Will add to this thread if I have anything to add!

Edit:

All good so far. I bought it for OS maps, installed my app and off I went with GPS. Really nice screen.

Instant messenger quite annoying, have to put it into square mode to send a message, haven’t found a way around that yet

I would be interested in any UI changes anyone would recommend, also a keyboard other than the default.

1 Like

Cool

So this messeging issue goes for all apps like whatsapp?

How practical it is to use the tiny keyboard in messeging apps?

Did you use it with sim card ? How is the battery life?

Thanks

Not sure about WhatsApp yet.

Basically when you type a message with the keyboard open, you cant send it from there. To send it, you have to close the keyboard, then because of the round watch face, the “send” button isn’t visible, meaning you have to go to square to send.

I’m sure this is a problem on all round watches, so apologies if there is an easy solution! It’s my first full android watch.

The keyboard itself is surprisingly nice to use with maybe only 5% more errors compared to phone for me personally.

Haven’t put a sim in yet

Battery life, it came at about 70% charged.

I took it out for an hour’s walk, tracking with GPS, and probably a good 3+ hours messing about with it, screen on full and installing apps etc and it was around 15/20% so I’m quite happy.

Will be my first full day using today so will know more later although I imagine it’s going to get heavy use showing all my colleagues haha

1 Like

Yes, most developers do not even know what these round watches are because they are uncertified
As far as the play store is concerned they don’t exist.

So 99% of apps are designed for a phone screen.
Hence the need for a switch to square mode.

It’s something that we have to live with.

2 Likes

Hey. As Pablo said its the nature of these devices. If you want to be the cool kid you need to get used to flicking between round and square screens, its surprisingly easy once you get used to it… I’d recommend installing ‘Google Assistant’. You can then simply dictate to your watch!

Did you charge to 100% before using it? You will get best battery life after several cycles, say from 100% to 20% then charge back up to 100%

If you don’t have a SIM it it make sure you turn on flight mode, then you can turn on Wifi.

2 Likes

@7030123 Welcome to the world of the converted :grin:
You explained that extremely well.
Nice :+1::handshake:

1 Like

Thanks for clarifying this…

I know this topic was overkilled discussing it

But it worth to mention that …

Finally… the official LEMFO store in Aliexpress

Listed and admitted what looks like the 100% true specifications of the watch

Includding 5 mp and 2 mp cameras

And the battery as 1100

On the link

2 Likes

I wonder how they can have 50 buyers review if they list the product today? :thinking:

1 Like

Excatly 500 orders

And Excatly 50 reviews

AND ALL REVIEWS SAME DAY 27TH

i thought i couldnt see this item before because of geographic restriction of sale …

But you are right … something is there…

Any way its marketing … cant blame them

It’s big a step forward that they reworked the advertising for a more accurate representation of the product.

I’m not too familiar with selling on aliexpress, but i think it is possible to import previous reviews/orders if you are re-listing a product.

Thanks to everyone for the answers!

I wish they hadn’t initially lied about the cameras. I probably would have waited and not purchased it. Banggood still has the 13/8 MP specs. Sucks they can’t be trusted.

I think the manufacturer had not lied by saying 1600mAh because it adds the battery of the watch with the charging dock.

I posted on my YouTube channel several videos where it’s exactly the same thing it’s the marketing:

1750mAh, 1000mAh + 750mAh charging dock:

1600mAh, 850mAh + 750mAh charging dock

The only problem Ckyrin did for LEMFO was that he didn’t say there was a charging dock.

It’s my opinion.

1 Like

The LEM14 ships with a 2400mAh charging dock!

1 Like

I’d be surprised if you can find anything on Aliexpress where the ‘Seller’ has not exaggerated the specs in some way… it’s just how it is… BTW Its a mobile phone in a wrist watch… It’s on your wrist… not exactly a ‘normal’ way to take photos!!

The camera(s) work great. It’s designed for quick snaps! Not professional pics!

Ah yes you are right I had not seen your photo of the dock with these 2200mAh.