Official Support thread for LEM14

Looks a decent design but I have to say 'm not a great fan of the red button thing.

Hey. Just a quick update on LEM14.

The phone function is excellent. Great volume and excellent mic. The other party can hear perfectly and I can hear perfectly.

4G support also excellent, I’m in Sydney metro area. Download speed 35Mbps and upload 18Mbps.

Raw GPS location acquisition in about 9 seconds with 12 satellites.

Screen is also great but not as bright as Prime 2. Could be a little brighter for outdoor use.

I will run a few more full cycles on the new battery (Charge to 100% Use to 20% Charge) before I comment on battery life.

Camera appears fine for what it is… a watch phone! Front camera perfect for Teams (Skype) and Telegram video chat. Side camera is not 13mp. It’s probably 5mp. Enough to take a quick snap or scan a COVID QR check-in code! Snaps attached! Sorry about my finger in the pic!

Will test out bluetooth pairing and ‘water resistance’ over the weekend. Wish me luck!

Environment: I use the watch as my daily mobile phone with my main phone number SIM in watch, my main apps are Outlook (4 email accounts),OneDrive, Teams, Telegram, SMS, AirMessage, Chrome Browser, ABC iView and ABC Listen and other things like Maps, Instagram, ServiceNSW and Twitter.

8 Likes

Great news and a great relief, as I remember your concerns after you had ordered it :+1::+1:
I have just been outside and damn, it’s hotter than Satan’s jock strap out there!!
Thank you for the photos and feedback.
Much appreciated @7030123

1 Like

Great… everybody feeling enthusiastic about the watch and your live feedbacks…

Great photos… i like how you arranged your daily apps on front watch face…

How do you like it compared to your prime2?

Waiting for battery review … with comparision to prime 2 as well

Thanks alot

Greetings

1 Like

Hi @7030123 … I’m in Melbourne and looking at purchasing this. I currently have Lem12 and a Kospet Prime SE . Sounds like you are quite pleased with yours so far.

I am a little confused about what is what … some Lem14’s I have seen online have 2 X external black buttons and some THAT I have seen have the red button and the re-stripe button. Bangood is selling teh Lem14 but are showing this photo …

Lem14

Also, In your latest image posted showing your app icons … is it with the stock launcher?

Hey.

No I don’t use the ‘stock LEMFO’ launcher. I’m a little old school. I want my Full Android watch phone to work the same as a standard android phone… if you know what I mean.

I’m not a fan of watch faces etc… I just want to see the sort of thing you’d see on a android device.

It’s a bit tricky making it look like a phone rather than android wear or a ‘smart watch’.

I’d love someone to make a launcher for these devices that simulate a normal android phone with the obvious limitations of a small round screen!

So I use X Launcher and tweek it to work. I then install the Google Clock app to give me a clock widget.

If anyone is interested I can provide more info.

The button is red but I’m not concerned… I tell peeps its a direct line to Scomo! There are a few other ‘brands’ I believe from the same manufacture so I’m guessing the button colours, bands etc. may vary with each ‘brand’

I do love my Prime 2 but it really is just a little to big, I also loved my Prime but I lost it in a bike accident!

The LEM14 is more Prime 1 but with A10 and IP68. I’m going to do the ‘water test’ tomorrow. The water proof aspect was a big point for me… it sort of completes the device.

Will update later…

Cheers,

Tony

7 Likes

Thanks for the great feedback.

I’ve both watches (P2, LEM14) on route.

Regarding screen size, how legible is a messaging app like Telegram on the two watches. Is it usable on both?

Thanks @7030123 for your detailed info!
Much appreciated,
cheers

Any more info you’d care to share?

One thing I’d like tomlnow is, the buttons look like they might be quite easy to accidentally snap off, if caught with a coat cuff etc…

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks

1 Like

I maybe the only one who likes the red button. Don’t really care about the camera, however, the sample pic looks decent.

Can’t wait to get mine and take it out running. Snowed here in London today and will be raining next couple of days so it’ll be good to see if the watch can take some precipitation.

1 Like

Last seen when he was planning to do water test :joy:

Hope it didnt go bad :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

I have ordered this watch from Banggood to replace my Finow X5 Air. It will arrive in the first week of february.
My Finow is 3 years old and is approaching the death of its battery.
And also the watch strap.
A week after I ordered this watch, I found a new battery (600mAh instead of the original 450mAh) and a new watch strap for the Finow.
When I ordered, the discription ot he watch was: 1600mAh battery.
Mr. Ticks said 1100mAh.
Now I can see 1400 mAh. (See the link some post earlier.)
Which is the true?
The battery capacity and the waterproof capable were the most relevant things to choose this watch.

The older Rollme S08 has a capacity of around ~1000-1100mAh, i assume the same applies to the LEM14.

Wondering how the water test went.

I am fearing for @Qal3awy :rofl:

Hey. Water test a success!

I dropped LEM14 into Sydney harbour on a fishing line. Went down about 6 or seven meters and pulled it out, I thought it might get eaten by Sydney harbour’s notorious sharks! LOL

Its not the best video production I have done but you can see some fish!!

On a serious note… it appears to be water resistant as described. Can I suggest that if you do swim, dive etc. with LEM14 that you DO NOT use any of the buttons until you are out of the water.

Also, the touch screen does not work very well underwater! So as I did, start your video before you jump in! But remember, do not push any of the buttons when underwater, you will most likely pump water into the watch! :frowning:

If you were in sea water make sure you wash it as soon as you can with clean fresh water.

Cheers,

Tony

LINK: https://tinyurl.com/y3dkcxh3

7 Likes

Yep same box ticks for me… waterproof is a major plus and the bat seems good so far, need a few more cycles to really know performance. The only way to confirm battery size is by taking a LEM14 apart, or unless someone from LEMFO can confirm 100% for us…

1 Like

Hahah… all good… check out video… https://tinyurl.com/y3dkcxh3

2 Likes

Hey. The buttons are reasonably solid. They also spin in place, so less likely to catch on something, I guess with enough force you could break them but it seems unlikely to me by a shirt or jacket cuff, they are positioned to the side and low profile…

Yes, it is supposed to be 1100mah.
I will tear one down if they send them.
They had given all stock to Banggood but yesterday they notified me that they were going to send forum samples very soon.
So we will see.

Wow thats huge news

I guess LEMFO have to thank you for this

Many people will decide to purchase this based on waterproof test …

Its good that you think battery life is good (so far)

Can you make it through the day without charging it?

Because regardless of the controversal amp number… battery performance is what matters

Cheers