Official LEM15 Thread

Hi . As @pablo11 will tell you i test nearly all of these watches for running and sadly " yes " you must tape up the lemfo lem12 pro back plate before running . However once it is dry inside and you clean the sim tray with a small amount of alcohol you should be able to get it to recognize you sim again . I dont have the Lem15 but i can recommend two watches for running . The Lem14 and the Ticris Max S . You will have no issues with sweat etc with these watches . Tracking performance wise the Max S is slightly better but maybe too big for some .

1 Like

Basically all of the Android watches are always going to be susceptible to moisture issues.
Either by ingress through microphone, speaker, Sim, camera or by erosion of the contacts for charging/data transfer.

So there is always a need to take precautions whatever you decide.

@Pablo11
Unfortunately, that doesn’t sound good - perhaps the manufacturers of these watches should at least point out these weak points. Then the potential buyer would be informed that he has to be careful. Thanks for the honesty, Pablo.

@Dr_Andy_Vishnu
Repairing the sim tray failed with all possible cleaning measures, the tray seems to be irreparable - and that means that a main function of the watch is no longer working.

In the meantime I have gathered information about the Lem 14 watch, which should actually be more suitable for sports purposes than the Lem12 Pro.
But I would like to get an opinion from someone who has also tested the Lem 15. What about the sweat compatibility here, where the sim card slot is located on the side of the watch for plugging in? Or is the Lem 14 a better choice after all.

Another weak point that I also have to mention is that the pulse measurement while running with the Lem12 Pro is a disaster, because the measurements are absurdly wrong. After 20 seconds of running I usually have already165 pulse (instead of about 100), a few minutes later again 80 (instead of about 125). The measurement fluctuate grotesquely up and down and is actually NEVER correct (compared to professional sportwatches). What I’ve read, there is unfortunately not a great difference to Lem 14 and Lem 15. But maybe someone has had better experiences and can share them here? Would be pleased.

Overall, I currently do not know whether I should decide to buy a new Lemfe watch or a comparable Android smartwatch. The advantages of a watch with Android system and its excellent configuration options are offset by a few extreme weaknesses that really annoy me. I´m pretty helpless right now.

Its a shame your Lemfo Lem12 couldnt be saved. As i said i dont have a Lem15 but i do have other watches with side tray . Some require a tool to open / some dont . Either way they all could possibly be open to moisture . Again they way the Lemfo back etc is sealed i think will be the best for you .

The LEM 15 Sim tray can be opened with a finger nail or a slim knife blade.
No special tools required.
@Ghosty yes I understand that you might think that way about the situation, but they state in the advertising that the watch is “life proof” no IP rating.

This is because it is a very small mobile phone and it is expected that people understand that a mobile phone is not waterproof or sweat proof.

Unless it is stated that the watch is waterproof then you should treat it in the same way as you would treat your mobile phone.

Of course, people can argue this point all day long.
But the reality is that when you buy a fully functioning miniature mobile phone (watch) for around $200 - a certain amount of common sense is required to understand that it is just not possible to produce a product that is fully waterproof for this price.
It is “splash proof” just like your mobile phone.

Well, that’s my opinion.

I hope this makes sense because there really is nothing else to say about it…
Unless they specifically say it’s waterproof and it is not - It’s not like they are lying to people.

4 Likes

That’s too bad. For me the LEM12 Pro is one of the few watches that does fairly well with workout level heart rates. But I suppose it could vary depending on skin colour and thickness. You might try my HeartFit app which filters out quick swings in the heart rate.

Hi, I have Lemfo 14 and 15. Lemfo 14 is more hermetic, but it is much thicker (tall). I am also disappointed, since if they are smartwatches that come with sports functions and mediations, they should at least withstand perspiration, otherwise they are not suitable for sports. With regard to heart rate the two are a disaster. Neither lemfo 12, nor 14 nor 15 will work for sports. You should look for another alternative. For sports I use the Samsung Watch 4, and for daily use and as a smartphone the lemfo lem15. Best regards Miguel

@Pablo11

Lemfo advertises the Lem 14 with a picture in which the watch is washed with water and the following text: “50 m Waterproof Smartwatch”. When you see this picture and text, you don’t get the idea that the watch is not protected against sweat while running.

If excellent quality is not possible at this low price, then the potential buyer should come to this realistic assessment BEFORE buying. I think I can roughly understand your reasoning, but the situation is still not satisfactory.

@Bozley

Thank you!

@Miguel Rodriguez1

Hi, it is a great help to me that you know so exactly about these watches. Unfortunately, your bad experiences coincide completely with mine. I will consider your suggestion to use two watches for two different purposes, as there is currently no watch with all Android options and satisfactory sports measurements. I myself have already tested the TicWatch 3 Pro LTE (soon as an ultra version) for sports, and it is also very good. Thank you for your reply!

1 Like

This debate has raged on for years as you will see across the forum . We always advise against getting the watches getting too wet regardless of what the specs are . But as i have already mentioned the Lem14 gives a little more than others ( and i do test them ) . As for the heartrate comments ( normally a factory reset fixes this ) . Thanks

I actually made a special post here on this forum about the LEM 14 because whilst it is a great watch - the advertising was pure BS!!
The advertising was made in accordance with the factory specifications.
I can’t stand it when false information is used to sell a product.

I caused uproar with the manufacturer (which is not LEMFO, they are a brand - not a manufacturer) for telling customers the truth. The manufacturer was furious.

I think there needs to be some perspective about buying a full Android Smartwatch.
It has to be remembered that it is FULL Android and not a regular Smartwatch.
People should understand that it is a miniature mobile phone and therefore has the same behaviours.

The sensors in the watches are subject to quality control problems and are not what I would call accurate.
For example, steps are measured by the motion sensor…so it is not going to be Step Count exactly…
The heart rate sensor is a pulse sensor and mostly quite accurate, but again - it depends on the quality of the sensor which is also why most phones and watches cannot be used as a medically accurate device.

What it comes down to is that the watches are the same as any phone when it comes to sports activities or pulse monitoring.
Yes, they can be used for this function with the right software. But you should not buy these products for sports activities.
They are what they are and if you are looking for a true sports activity watch, then that is what you should buy.

These devices are more about communication, independence (because it is a phone) and let’s not forget - a reliable watch for showing the time with great watch faces.
The added bonus of being able to install Android applications is what makes them a great choice.

Not so much about sports activities - this is just an optional extra really. It is possible to track running etc but they are not for “workouts”
In my opinion sports watches and Android watches are two different things.

Sorry for the long post but this is always a major misunderstanding for people who buy them and the way they are advertised does not help.

7 Likes

@pablo11
Thank you for your honest contribution, which does not try to gloss over anything. I just didn’t know about these restrictions of a full Android watch for sports before buying it and bought the watch. Bad luck. But it doesn’t change the fact that I think the work of you and your team is absolutely great. From my side everything is said. Thanks!

1 Like

I am looking at LEM 15 as a phone replacement. I am not interested in heart rate etc. However, two areas concern me…

One is the problems with Google Contacts and Google Calendar. I do not wish to manually sync, I just need them to work seamlessly as with all my other devices. Are these problems close to being permanently corrected?

The other concern is the lack of NFC. Is this likely to be added to a future evolution of this ‘phone’ or is there something that makes NFC undesirable for these devices?

Thanks

The only thing stopping NFC is the silicon shortage.
It is a 52 week waiting time for the chips.
So it just doesn’t work out at the moment.

Many factories are closing down due to the chip crisis.

We just see what happens…

1 Like

I look forward to the day we get NFC on these wrist-phones :+1:

Other than languages I imagine Google interactions are a top priority for certifying through this programme. Calender, contacts, drive, backup, etc are all critical parts outside China.

Is there a formal testplan for all critical functions so participants can provide organised feedback within a certification framework?

After that we could work on automating certification of as many critical things as possible to make each release candidate certification as smooth and quick as possible.

How to see the apps still running ? As the battery leakage was around 10% per hour instead of around 2%, I guess I had an app which was not closed but which one ? I switched the watch off and then on, and the battery leakage became as usual ( 2% per hour in stand by mode) .
So is there a solution to check the running apps and kill them ?

Long press on the power button and select “recent tasks” to find and kill running apps

1 Like

Thanks Pablo, great😀

hello, I downloaded a watchface from the Forum ( Niagara.zip), put it in an empty directory called clockskin… And now what I have to do to activate this watchface ? I tried to open the file but there is no app for opening zip… Thanks for your help

1. Unzip the niagara.zip file with a computer.
  2. you get a niagara folder. (make sure there are no folders in the folder)
  3. copy this folder to the Clockskin folder on your watch.
  4. restart the watch
  5. select after a long touch on the display.
3 Likes