Official Break Fix Support for Kospet Hope

Jan 24, 2019 14:35:59 GMT 1 jockyw2001 said:

I just checked this on my watch and can confirm the bug. After rebooting 2 bytes of the wifi mac changed (c4:56:fe:5a:d2:fb =>c4:56:fe:9E:D4:fb)

The bt mac didn’t change.

This is definitely a software issue which I have seen many times before with devices with a Mediatek chipset.

/JockyW

I can say that since the move to Android 7 these watches have to have MAC addresses.
Earlier Android 5.1 devices did have temporary MACs.

The fact that this has happened means that it has been missed during production. I just had this confirmed by the board manufacturer.

Jan 24, 2019 14:50:48 GMT 1 maheshchandra said:
the second time not getting ipv4 address due to mac change

Thanks very much.
Jan 24, 2019 14:50:48 GMT 1 maheshchandra said:
the second time not getting ipv4 address due to mac change

Thanks very much.
Hello, I can confirm the Wifi MAC, changing:

greetings

received Kospet Hope last week build number Hope_B_20181217
Wlan mac changes every time wlan on the watch is turned on/off
Do I need to return the watch to get this fixed ?

Attachments:

1652.jpg

1653.jpg

Ok everyone.
Let me follow up with Kospet and KingWear.
They are aware of the problem but it may not be seen as “problem” to them.

I will keep you updated about this situation.

There is a way to fix the problem permanently with a tool that we have. But you will need to have the usb data cable to complete the task.

My advice at the moment is-
If it not causing you any problems then don’t worry about it.

If it is causing you problems with Google services or any other services please let me know.

I don’t need anymore photos because I have confirmed that the watch was manufactured without a permanent MAC address for WiFi.

I want to fix this and would appreciate if you could share the tool.

Search Google for MTK IMEI Problem
I can’t share it publicly because it is frowned upon and we will get complaints.

However it’s pretty easy to find.

The trick is knowing how to use it because you can permanently damage your watch with it.

You will also need the full firmware package so that you can use the modem database files.

I will say again - it’s not a simple process and can break your watch!!

So please read, read and read some more before you use it.

Just heard from KOSPET.

They will release a new firmware to fix the problem so please wait for it and don’t risk messing around with your watch.

Good morning, can you please tell them for the gps problem too. Maybe its a softwareproblem.
One member loose so less batterydrain with gps on, so that i think it doesnt work too. ~ 4% ,20 hours with gps on. That would be superb. Thanks

Jan 25, 2019 6:45:53 GMT 1 iandhope said:
Good morning, can you please tell them for the gps problem too. Maybe its a softwareproblem. One member loose so less batterydrain with gps on, so that i think it doesnt work too. ~ 4% ,20 hours with gps on. That would be superb. Thanks

I just posted in the other thread that I will contact them to discuss the GPS.

The problem here is that so many threads are being opened all over the place and it’s getting very difficult to manage.

Nearly 95% of all these threads should be in the main Kospet Hope thread.

I will fix this later. It’s getting ridiculous.

Hello,

have another issue with my kospet hope, when i am charging the watch in the evening, it is discharged

in the morning. Happens with everything turned off (Bluetooth,wlan …) and even if the watch is turned off before

charging. The watch is connected to the charger all night.

Will this also be fixed with a Firmware ?

If yes can You please give a detailed info of how to update the Firmware ?

Battery life will not be long if the watch discharges itself all the time to 1% I am afraid.

1654.jpg

1655.jpg

1656.jpg

1657.jpg

mani12

Have you done a factory reset of the watch?
You have to go to the watch settings and then go to the “Reset Equipment” option and then factory reset.

This is very unusual and I have not had any reports of bad battery life.

If the problem does not go away after a reset you have 2 options.

1. return the watch to the seller.
  2. buy the data cable and flash the firmware.

Thanks for the advice, did the factory reset, charging the watch overnight seems to work now. The watch (turned off)

has 100% in the morning.

I am still very interested in a static/fix wlan mac adress. else I have problems with the mac filtering of the wlan router.

The watch has to be allowed as new device everytime and the last log to be deleted.

OTA has been released a few minutes ago.
This fixes the mac address for WiFi changing all the time. The MAC is permanent after this has been installed.

Some minor bug fixes including touch panel optimisation.

Version number 20190127

pablo11 AvatarJan 27, 2019 12:26:53 GMT 1 pablo11 said:
OTA has been released a few minutes ago. This fixes the mac address for WiFi changing all the time. The MAC is permanent after this has been installed.

Some minor bug fixes including touch panel optimisation.

Version number 20190127

I just installed it. Awesome all the work you guys do to fix those watches! :grinning:

Glad to help :+1:

Thanks so much for your support pablo :+1:

Btw, what’s TP optimization?

Jan 27, 2019 14:09:07 GMT 1 jockyw2001 said:
Thanks so much for your support pablo 👍

Btw, what’s TP optimization?

As pablo wrote: “Some minor bug fixes including touch panel optimisation.”

Although the mac address issue was solved, I hoped that this update would also include two new features that are already available in ZEBLAZE THOR 4 DUAL (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZbhhFkl8QA&t=1013s), the “integration of gps into fitness” and “bright screen notification”. When will be the integration of these two new features?