NEW X5 Air RELEASED - CHECK IT OUT HERE!!

Jul 27, 2017 23:29:18 GMT 1 awtchan said:
i4 Air has just been released on Banggood. Similar config - 2gb ram 16 gb rom,still 350mAh battery but with camera.

they write 400mAh, but I can´t believe it.
www.banggood.com/I4-AIR-2G16G-Camera-WIFI-GPS-Sleep-Heart-Rate-Monitor-Fashion-TPU-Strap-Smart-Watch-Phone-p-1177718.html

Aug 5, 2017 16:54:39 GMT 1 be1stgt said:
Hi Pablo11,

I just received my Air from Finow but it have some big issues with software.
It hangs all the time the buttons doesn’t react after 30 seconds maybe does sometimes apps close by itself after 30 sek of using then it freeze doesn’t react at all.
I tryed to writte to support today they answered that 7/18 Update Version should fix thoose problems. I tryed over Ota but it says I have already the newest on.
They said I should writte on proboard to you cause you know the problem?
Everything freeze even launcher and gets hot.
Do you had or have the same problem with it they told me you did cause u bought one to and you fix it somehow its strange a bit.
Sry if I ask on wrong topic.

Greetings Ben

Thats so typical. Sorry, I love my X5+ (after heavy tweaking), but what beta stuff they release is almost criminal. I mean, does someone test their product before throwing on the market?

(It feels like buying a samsung smartphone :slight_smile: )

And by the way, to let a community of enthusiasts do the hard support job, is also something to think about.

how to get custom faces on finow x5 air pls help i am new here

Aug 19, 2017 15:13:43 GMT 1 harbir said:
how to get custom faces on finow x5 air pls help i am new here

use Eric's launcher, go to apps section and there you'll find his thread about his launcher and the links.

Great watch but quite buggy at the moment. Does anyone know why I suddenly don’t get any notification from locally installed apps (like Telegram) anymore?

Aug 29, 2017 6:53:59 GMT 1 oxident said:
Great watch but quite buggy at the moment. Does anyone know why I suddenly don't get any notification from locally installed apps (like Telegram) anymore?

are you using the stock app for notifications? or did you install these apps on your watch too?

Aug 29, 2017 11:52:19 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:
are you using the stock app for notifications? or did you install these apps on your watch too?

No, I didn’t use a phone connection at the moment. I’ve just installed a few apps (like Telegram) directly on the watch.
In the meantime, I’ve noticed that Telegram disappears from the “active apps” list about 2 minutes after launching it.

Is there somekind of background process which terminates (“cleans”) apps after a certain period of time?

Aug 29, 2017 16:14:56 GMT 1 oxident said:

Aug 29, 2017 11:52:19 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

No, I didn’t use a phone connection at the moment. I’ve just installed a few apps (like Telegram) directly on the watch.
In the meantime, I’ve noticed that Telegram disappears from the “active apps” list about 2 minutes after launching it.

Is there somekind of background process which terminates (“cleans”) apps after a certain period of time?

I can confirm such as process exists. At least on my X5plus. I just wait a few minutes after reboot and then start everything I need. It then stays that way

Aug 29, 2017 19:16:54 GMT 1 aalmans said:

true, i've noticed if the watch turns off in and then is turned  on all apps must be started again.

After flashing the firmware linked in a different thread and starting the OTA update, many problems disappeared. Background apps are working and even the clock screen now displays animated every time. In the past, it often only showed a static clock.

Aug 30, 2017 21:50:53 GMT 1 oxident said:
After flashing the firmware linked in a different thread and starting the OTA update, many problems disappeared. Background apps are working and even the clock screen now displays animated every time. In the past, it often only showed a static clock.

I have the x5 air and when I try the OTA update it states that I have the latest firmware. My watch says Custom Build Version- ALPS.L1.MP6.V2.19_cenon6580.WEG.1.L, is this the latest firmware? Thanks in advance!

Yes, my watch also said, it was current. After flashing the firmware available at /thread/1408/x5-air-2gb-ram-firmware it suddenly found an even more recent version and updated it right away.

Awesome, thanks Oxident! I’ll give the flash a try!

I attempted to flash by transferring the .zip file over to the watch and using the update local option from within the watch but it didn’t work. Is there another way to flash the firmware that I am missing? I watched smartwatch ticks video for updating the firmware on the regular x5 using SP tools but the program does not recognize my watch after hitting download and attaching the watch to the computer with the watch off :frowning: My pc only sees the watch when it is powered on.

Aug 31, 2017 23:39:15 GMT 1 clotho said:
I attempted to flash by transferring the .zip file over to the watch and using the update local option from within the watch but it didn't work. Is there another way to flash the firmware that I am missing? I watched smartwatch ticks video for updating the firmware on the regular x5 using SP tools but the program does not recognize my watch after hitting download and attaching the watch to the computer with the watch off :-( My pc only sees the watch when it is powered on.

have you checked that drivers are installed and also mtp usb?

Sept 1, 2017 11:28:35 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

Aug 31, 2017 23:39:15 GMT 1 clotho said:
I attempted to flash by transferring the .zip file over to the watch and using the update local option from within the watch but it didn’t work. Is there another way to flash the firmware that I am missing? I watched smartwatch ticks video for updating the firmware on the regular x5 using SP tools but the program does not recognize my watch after hitting download and attaching the watch to the computer with the watch off :frowning: My pc only sees the watch when it is powered on.

have you checked that drivers are installed and also mtp usb?

Awesome! I missed that step! Flashing my X5 Air right now! Thank you so much!

Success! I was able to flash the firmware and received the OTA update! thanks for all of your help! :slight_smile: now just copying over my 300+ watch faces, this is going to take a minute LOL

BTW phone droid and phone assistant work great, though I can’t reply to SMS I can reply to Facebook messages from the watch!

“screen 400x400 class A (meaning better quality)” I didn’t understand it’s different than X5+ ??

Sept 2, 2017 21:18:01 GMT 1 clotho said:
BTW phone droid and phone assistant work great, though I can't reply to SMS I can reply to Facebook messages from the watch!

you can install FB lite on the watch and if i'm not mistaken it gives you messenger option.