New Thor Pro

Sept 26, 2018 15:14:30 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:bicboi69 no it is’nt, have you done any updates to the watch? something waking up your watch and most likely you’ll need root to see what.

Nope, my watch is running on stock rom. This is such a hassle. Can u send me a link to the thread for rooting guide? Is there any alternative way to sort this out? The battery has been bad since the day i got it though

bicboi69

there is newer version but i think it is better for pablo11 to confirm this cos your watch seems like it x300?? i mean it is a different watch. yours is the thor pro but the build number says it is x300 which is way different watch more like the x200 but still different. leafar is your firmware show the same?

Sept 26, 2018 15:50:33 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:bicboi69

there is newer version but i think it is better for pablo11 to confirm this cos your watch seems like it x300?? i mean it is a different watch. yours is the thor pro but the build number says it is x300 which is way different watch more like the x200 but still different. leafar is your firmware show the same?

Yea I’m gonna need some help on this :confused: but its definitely running zeblaze firmware, initial bootup has the zeblaze logo and everything. So can i get like a quick guide to rooting this watch? Or maybe a link to the thread so i can download all the drivers n stuffs. Haven’t rooted anything for years now

bicboi69

wait till pablo11 will confirm the firmware and we have a very easy guide on how to root the watch but first let be sure about the firmware.

The new firmware shows x300 version 1.6 and it better you got it updated using SP flashing tools

Sept 26, 2018 16:17:40 GMT 1 leafar said:

so the x300 is actually the thor pro? 

Sept 26, 2018 16:26:23 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

Sept 26, 2018 16:17:40 GMT 1 leafar said:

so the x300 is actually the thor pro? 

Yes so Pablo11 need to change or do something about it to peoples know 

x300 has always been what the Thor Pro is called in China.
Same as the Z28 is the LEM7…
It’s nothing new. The first firmware I ever posted for the Thor Pro was x300…

Sept 26, 2018 16:01:06 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:bicboi69

wait till pablo11 will confirm the firmware and we have a very easy guide on how to root the watch but first let be sure about the firmware.

leafar pablo11

So i guess i need a guide to flashing it then :confused: please assist with the instructions for doing that or provide a link to it. I saw some guides from youtube and its one or two years old. Not sure if the method is still valid?

Sept 26, 2018 23:10:22 GMT 1 bicboi69 said:

Sept 26, 2018 16:01:06 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:bicboi69

leafar pablo11

So i guess i need a guide to flashing it then :confused: please assist with the instructions for doing that or provide a link to it. I saw some guides from youtube and its one or two years old. Not sure if the method is still valid?

Have you looked on our YouTube channel? The guide there is fine.
If you have not installed the Windows MTK VCOM drivers - you need to do that first. The driver install can be tricky so search for info on how to do it.
There are many videos on the Web for this procedure. Just take your time and get familiar with the process before you flash your watch.

Sept 26, 2018 23:10:22 GMT 1 bicboi69 said:leafar pablo11

Have you looked on our YouTube channel? The guide there is fine.
If you have not installed the Windows MTK VCOM drivers - you need to do that first. The driver install can be tricky so search for info on how to do it.
There are many videos on the Web for this procedure. Just take your time and get familiar with the process before you flash your watch.
Yeap gotta install the driver first. My laptop is running Windows 7 64bits, will it be as complicated to install as compared to Windows 10?

bicboi69

No, it is exactly the same.

First read up on disabling Windows Driver Signing and then run the software package.

After all that you reboot and it’s ready.

Make sure you get the latest flash tool and then you are ready to go.

If you are certain that you have the correct firmware you can use the firmware upgrade option in SP Tools but if you are unsure just use the download only option and then factory reset the watch.

DO NOT USE THE FORMAT + DOWNLOAD OPTION!!!

I can’t stress how important it is that you do not use this option…

pablo11 AvatarSept 27, 2018 0:00:25 GMT 1 pablo11 said:bicboi69

First read up on disabling Windows Driver Signing and then run the software package.

If you are certain that you have the correct firmware you can use the firmware upgrade option in SP Tools but if you are unsure just use the download only option and then factory reset the watch.

Haha that’s a very general term lol im kinda worried about the first two steps. Lemme just look into it now

wait wait, so what are the things i should be doing after i’ve flashed a new firmware? please give a more detailed guide. I dont wanna mess up my watch.

I am at work at the moment so I can’t go into detail but all I said was to reset your watch after it is flashed and after first full boot.

pablo11 AvatarSept 27, 2018 1:46:47 GMT 1 pablo11 said:
I am at work at the moment so I can't go into detail but all I said was to reset your watch after it is flashed and after first full boot.

Reset as in factory reset right? Lol just realized i haven't came across that option this whole time. Aights, i got the drivers installed. Reaching the usb mtp step now.
Sept 27, 2018 1:39:38 GMT 1 bicboi69 said:

wait wait, so what are the things i should be doing after i’ve flashed a new firmware? please give a more detailed guide. I dont wanna mess up my watch.

all the threads and videos are very confusing. A little bit of this and that in different threads. There should really be one single thread explaining everything like there is on XDA. But I digress, I’m almost ready to flash the latest firmware (which I wanna ask, should i choose the download only option or firmware upgrade option on spflashtools?), but as far as i know this isn’t rooting. It’s just flashing a firmware. OR am i suppose to root the watch first before flashing?

I can’t find any video or information about these. Hence we really need a complete guide for this.

EDIT: SpflashTools not detecting my watch…

Sooooo I’ve flashed the new firmware and is there something wrong with the resolution? Look at the ‘P’ on the keyboard. That side of the screen is EDITED up. It affects the watchface as well. Look at the right side of the watchface.

bicboi69

Firstly - please don’t swear here. It’s a public place and we have a lot of young members here.

Ok, did you factory reset your watch after the flash?
I know it is not a problem caused by the firmware because it has been tested many times.
If factory reset makes no difference you can try the firmware upgrade option in SP Tools… That will clean up as well as flash.

pablo11 AvatarSept 27, 2018 8:46:38 GMT 1 pablo11 said:

bicboi69

Firstly - please don’t swear here. It’s a public place and we have a lot of young members here.

Ok, did you factory reset your watch after the flash?
I know it is not a problem caused by the firmware because it has been tested many times.
If factory reset makes no difference you can try the firmware upgrade option in SP Tools… That will clean up as well as flash.

Ooo wasnt aware this is a PG forum lol.

Okay lemme try n factory reset. Actually when i flashed this firmware from v1.5 i used the firmware upgrade option instead of download. That might have been the problem?