New Thor Pro

Hey guys, been lurking around here while waiting for my thor pro to arrive and it finally did today! what are the initial steps to setting this up? Like what sort of apps should i be looking to download right now? Only thing I did so far was updating google play service. I know this runs on Android OS so the potential is definitely there. Just need a quick summary of some essential apps.

read this thread? /board/20/round-display-friendly-apps

Sept 24, 2018 16:45:25 GMT 1 bicboi69 said:
Hey guys, been lurking around here while waiting for my thor pro to arrive and it finally did today! what are the initial steps to setting this up? Like what sort of apps should i be looking to download right now? Only thing I did so far was updating google play service. I know this runs on Android OS so the potential is definitely there. Just need a quick summary of some essential apps.

disable sync and updates and also install this two assensial apps:

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.apps.gesturesearch

apkpure.com/settings-search/com.katzoft.settings.search.full

calendar:  play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.calendar (you need it even if you use different calendar).

***also use eric’s launcher will give you more things that you need:)

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ricktop.ClockSkinCoco

videos to help you set your watch:  www.youtube.com/channel/UCPt33KEKqPJfxFTf7CaKcFw

the G+ to help you set watchfaces:  plus.google.com/communities/109827242607524552712

Thanks guys! What about some of your personal preference? Like stuffs to save battery or preferred keyboards?

The older threads has a list of apps that were later replaced by others’ suggestions which is why I’d rather ask here for a new updated list of useful apps for Sep 2018.

I have the same watch and use this: play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fooview.android.fooview
If you do you won’t need any other browser or launcher or file manager if you don’t want to. Oh, and it has gestures. And it can search all your apps: special gesture (you can choose which one) -> write an S on the display (with your finger, not the keyboard) -> fooview will show any app that starts with an S. Works with every letter, of course. :wink:

Have the app on my phone and didn’t expect it to work on the watch - but it does. Very very useful.

Sept 25, 2018 10:41:21 GMT 1 average said:
I have the same watch and use this: play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fooview.android.fooview If you do you won't need any other browser or launcher or file manager if you don't want to. Oh, and it has gestures. And it can search all your apps: special gesture (you can choose which one) -> write an S on the display (with your finger, not the keyboard) -> fooview will show any app that starts with an S. Works with every letter, of course. ;-)

Have the app on my phone and didn’t expect it to work on the watch - but it does. Very very useful.

Yeap I’ve had it installed for a few hours now. Not using it for anything else but tap to activate voice search lol. Keep em apps coming guys!

Sept 24, 2018 19:48:02 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

Sept 24, 2018 16:45:25 GMT 1 bicboi69 said:

disable sync and updates and also install this two assensial apps:

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.apps.gesturesearch

apkpure.com/settings-search/com.katzoft.settings.search.full

calendar:  play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.calendar (you need it even if you use different calendar).

***also use eric’s launcher will give you more things that you need:)

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ricktop.ClockSkinCoco

videos to help you set your watch:  www.youtube.com/channel/UCPt33KEKqPJfxFTf7CaKcFw

the G+ to help you set watchfaces:  plus.google.com/communities/109827242607524552712

Nicee! I tried Eric's launcher but i somehow prefer the stock launcher more. Another question though, how do i update my watch? I know theres a new v1.6 firmware now n mine is still on v1.5 but OTA says im using the latest version. Must i flash the firmware to get the update? Since im pretty sure u have this watch, is there any improvements with the new firmware?

bicboi69

sorry but do’nt have the watch just using what i know with almost the same firmware and hardware watches as i did use alike it:)

my suggestion is use the watch if you are satisfied with battery life and usage - do’nt update! if you are not and something does’nt work well then try manually (if you need my help… and upgrade the firmware. most important thing is to disable sync and updates of any google apps especially google play store and service.

Sept 25, 2018 18:31:29 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

most important thing is to disable sync and updates of any google apps especially google play store and service.

But … WHY?
I cannot even start sync. Complete Google sync is off. Doesn’t even sync contacts. :frowning:

What I’m still looking for: a floating notification icon. In the roundandroidwatches YouTube channel there’s one visible in a lot of videos. Which one is it? Thought I already knew  all of them but can’t find that one.

Sept 25, 2018 18:31:29 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:bicboi69

sorry but do’nt have the watch just using what i know with almost the same firmware and hardware watches as i did use alike it:)

my suggestion is use the watch if you are satisfied with battery life and usage - do’nt update! if you are not and something does’nt work well then try manually (if you need my help… and upgrade the firmware. most important thing is to disable sync and updates of any google apps especially google play store and service.

For now i guess everything sort of works fine, just wondering if battery life is better on the new version. I know my watch is still new n the battery reading still needs time to calibrate but wow my watched dropped from 100% to 31% after just 5 or 6 hours and half of that time was spent in a meeting so i barely used it. Just that i was getting lots of notifications. Dont have a sim card in it, just using it as a tethering watch.

I’m gonna assume the latest firmware is not an official zeblaze firmware since its a x300 firmware v1.6 and that’s why its not appearing in OTA? It would sucks if i have to manually flash firmwares all the time. But just in case, do give me a link to one of your videos explaining how to flash. I haven’t root and flash custom roms on phones since 2010 lol but i have an idea how to do it.

Sept 25, 2018 19:40:28 GMT 1 average said:

Sept 25, 2018 18:31:29 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:
most important thing is to disable sync and updates of any google apps especially google play store and service.

But … WHY?
I cannot even start sync. Complete Google sync is off. Doesn’t even sync contacts. :frowning:

What I’m still looking for: a floating notification icon. In the roundandroidwatches YouTube channel there’s one visible in a lot of videos. Which one is it? Thought I already knew  all of them but can’t find that one.

sorry, what i meant is do this manually not completely off:)

i use this one: play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.blk.smarttouch.pro

these ones also nice: play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sun.mrfloat.trial

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=design.swirl.wearlauncher

bicboi69

do’nt falsh the watch till you can be sure it need to, do’nt let the watch reach 0% always charge it when it is on i’ve noticed that battery life is way better when charging it when it is on, and at first week the battery will behave strangly till it is calibrate after 2 circles of charging it.

Sept 26, 2018 3:17:38 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:bicboi69

do’nt falsh the watch till you can be sure it need to, do’nt let the watch reach 0% always charge it when it is on i’ve noticed that battery life is way better when charging it when it is on, and at first week the battery will behave strangly till it is calibrate after 2 circles of charging it.

Oppsss i just let my watch die and left it charging while off :confused: i thought this is the calibration procedure? Lol anyways I’ve already gone through my 3rd charging cycle so i would assume the battery should be reading properly by now. But it couldnt even handle 7hours of idle time, i didnt use it for anything else but just tethering for notifications. Is that normal? Wifi gps cellular data off. Lift to wake gesture on & connected to BT for 7hrs.

My job requires me to be in multiple meetings in a day so obviously im not using my watch. Just have my phone on silent and use the watch to tell notify me on messages. That’s the main reason i got this watch.

While we’re on the topic of notifications. Is there a way I can disable notification grouping on my android phone? Cus everytime i get a new whatsapp notification, it just says Whatsapp 3 New Messages from 3 Conversations. Or something like that. I want my whatsapp notifications to appear individually on my watch.

bicboi69

no it is’nt without anything on it and just bt on that is’nt normal, try without the wrist gesture to see how long it will last. i’m not sure i understood about whatsapp.

Sept 26, 2018 12:21:21 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:bicboi69

no it is’nt without anything on it and just bt on that is’nt normal, try without the wrist gesture to see how long it will last. i’m not sure i understood about whatsapp.

I need the wrist gesture though, I can’t be expected to press a button just to look at the time or notifications while im driving (which i do when im not in meetings). I tried turning off the pedometer. Dont really need that so hope that saves some battery. In my power usage, it doesn’t show any 3rd party apps eating up battery either. Whats the normal battery life for a watch with this sort of battery mAH and my kind of usage? Should i be concerned that this battery is defective?

About the whatsapp thing, it’s like when multiple people texts me in whatsapp. Instead of getting each message displayed on my watch notification, i get a notification of ‘3 messages from 2 conversations’. Then when i scroll down i can only see the latest message. Is there a way i can get them to display each message individually when i scroll down? I’ll take a picture of what i mean in abit when i get a bunch of texts.

Sept 26, 2018 12:21:21 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:bicboi69

Something like this! Its annoying because i want to know who texted me, not how many texts i got

bicboi69

with your kind of usage you should at least get a day without wrist geture even more, i wanted to see if this has impact on battery life just to not use it for a day. use flight mode as you are’nt using sim in the watch you can still use BT just not any sim.

with wiiwatch you can’t but with watch droid you can.

leafar 

Sept 26, 2018 12:49:44 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:bicboi69

with your kind of usage you should at least get a day without wrist geture even more, i wanted to see if this has impact on battery life just to not use it for a day. use flight mode as you are’nt using sim in the watch you can still use BT just not any sim.

leafar 

Doesnt seem to help, im still losing 1% every few minutes lol its only been one hour n a half, its already down to 77%. Started turning off gestures n turned on airplane mode with BT on. Lets see how long it takes to drop to 70%

Sept 26, 2018 12:49:44 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:bicboi69

leafar 

Okay it seems like turning all those off seems to have helped abit or it could be i get less notifications throughout this 40mins. But it just went down to 70% from 77% after 40mins. Is that okay?

bicboi69 no it is’nt, have you done any updates to the watch? something waking up your watch and most likely you’ll need root to see what.