New Kospet Prime S Help

Hi Guys. Just got a Kospet Prime S and having some questions. How do I transfer watch faces from my phone to the watch? When I try to transfer a watch face from the GaoFit app I get this error on my watch. (Check network settings). Also how do I get to use my watch with internet connection? Thanks in advance.

There are various ways you can do this . A lot of people start with downloading clockskins to desktop . Connect watch to pc and drag and drop into clockskin folded then re-boot

Here is another method

Forget the Geoapp . Its not great

Try watchdroid instead . You will find a whole thread on this in this forum .

If you have a sim card installed you can activate a data connection by turning on the data toggle . Its the one in the middle ( same screen as wifi / bt etc ) on your watch

Thanks

1 Like

you can connect to your router, you can put a sim card in it, or you can share the connection from your phone. It seems you also need an internet connection before you can use GaoFit to download faces. I would guess that the faces aren’t downloaded to the phone and transferred to the watch, but rather that the phone sends a message to the watch that this or that watchface should be downloaded and then the watch has to do the download itself.
So if you have already found some good watchfaces in the GaoFit app, just connect your watch to the internet and they should download just fine. Otherwise, you can look through the huge amount of watchfaces found here in the forum and use one of the methods described by Andy to get them onto your watch

1 Like

Hi. How do I share the connection with my phone? Thank you.

eihter by setting up a hotspot or through bluetooth

1 Like

BT doesnt work if I have it attached to my phone. Watch is kind of worthless if you have to go through all this just to get BT working the watch

Why cant I use the watch with BT connection like other smart watches like the Samsung watches? Is it that difficult to create a connection instead of going searching for 3rd party apps ? I spent 100 bucks and this watch is nothing but a paperweight

I don’t see your problem, but I would like to help you. Have you already tried to create a WLAN Hotspot on your phone and connect the watch via WLAN?
This should work.

I even plugged my sim card into and mobile connection doesnt work .

Have you restart the watch after inserting the SIM?
Where do you life?

1 Like

Yes. and now cant connect to my phone with the gaofit or wiifit etc… apps. :slight_smile:

hello to me as well when I entered the sim for the first time the internet did not go, obviously it was enough to enter the APN

Its a known fact that after installing a sim you need to reboot the way for mobile data to work

1 Like

Good morning I’m having a issue connecting my prime s to gaofit it will tather it won’t even connect via my phone settings I’ve done a reboot twice once when I receive the device at launch and earlier this week when I noticed it wasn’t staying connected after I erased everything and reinstalled gaofit mow it won’t connect at all please help me

you could try watchdroid and see if that works better for you

I believe the complaint is similar to my complaint I can not connect to gaofit nor will the watch connect to my phone via Bluetooth setting the watch doesn’t even appear in the settings and gaofit just seems to not recognize the watch but it does connect to watchdroid so now I’m on a mission to figure out how to change the settings for my weather from c to f and how to download watch faces I noticed a data transfer botton on watch Droid just need to find a good source of watch faces to download and transfer

The watch connects to watchdroid but will not connect to my phone via Bluetooth now I have to figure out how to change the temperature from c to f and also figure out how to download watch faces I’m New to this so I’m just getting into this hobby and any help would be awesome

You cannot change c and f unless you install " universal launcher " which as mentioned above may not run correctly due to watch limitations . As for tethering to your phone i’ll make this simple .

Completely forget gaofit

Install watchdroid assistant on watch and watchdroid on phone .

Pair the watch and phone the old fashioned way. In settings ( not watch droid ) .

Then follow the watchdroid instructions

Dont forget watchdroid needs to run in the background or it will disconnect . I have put at the top of the Prime S official thread how to do this with apps .

1 Like

See the c to f is one reason why I need gaofit to work I changed it through gaofit before I lost connection with it I’m already using watchdroid assistant and it’s limited as far as what 8m looking for… But since clearly it’s my only option how do I get new watch faces I see a transfer data tab onn watch Droid just don’t understand how to unzip files on the watch the files just show up as a zip file and your correct about universal launcher it ran but I couldn’t open the app settings up maybe I’ll try that again with universal launcher my zip files extracted by themselves

With universal launcher you do not need to unzip . With stock firmware you do . You can drag and drop from your pc to watch clockskin folder . You also use gdrive on watch

1 Like