new firmware Z10-YFZ-V07-20170515 for les1. what changes?

i read this:

/thread/1036/les-1-stock-firmware

But before I update I would like to know what has changed, what has been improved?

How is it not available through OTA? 

thanks

Hi, I’m new here so inexperienced. What’s the procedure to follow in updating the firmware?
It’s just written “Once copied to the watch - just reboot and all will be available”.
Copy what? The rar? The extracted directories? Or what else? And where? On root dir?
on other dirs? And should I simply copy or do I need to use adb, odin or whatever else,
like with smartphones?
Sorry, but I’m quite confused, I didn’t find a clear guide around and I don’t want to
destroy my almost new LES1 making something stupid…

I really appreciate any help you can provide.

OK, I just needed the flash tool…

Just updated to 15th May. ClockSkin folder is present. Filled it with my old watchfaces. But i cant find watchfaceengine. Can you give me a hint ?

just updated as well to 15th may but the ClockSkin folder was not there so i created the folder and copied my favourite clock face in to the new folder and it and was able to select it just fine which was nice

May 22, 2017 18:04:41 GMT 1 cosmicma said:
just updated as well to 15th may but the ClockSkin folder was not there so i created the folder and copied my favourite clock face in to the new folder and it and was able to select it just fine which was nice

I would like to know what has changed, what has been improved?
May 22, 2017 18:07:11 GMT 1 galaxy76 said:
May 22, 2017 18:04:41 GMT 1 cosmicma said:

I would like to know what has changed, what has been improved?

not sure yet it’s only been a few hours since i updated the firmware but i like that i can add new clock faces without running 3rd party software 

as time progresses i will see if there are any more improvements or failings what ever the case may be

My two main probllems still exists:
When i open web.de or gmx.de portal on google explorer the aplication stops. With firefox no problem.
When i listen mp3 with musicplayer and connection with bluetooth, bloototh will hang up when a new track starts. No problems with rocketplayer.
Somebody has same problem ?

The update seems to be quite good for running more watchfaces. Ones with the day dial are a day ahead and a there were a few glitches in other watchfaces I tried with the graphics not being aligned. I’ve gone back to Erics Launcher in the meantime.

May 23, 2017 12:25:45 GMT 1 kaptk said:
The update seems to be quite good for running more watchfaces. Ones with the day dial are a day ahead and a there were a few glitches in other watchfaces I tried with the graphics not being aligned. I've gone back to Erics Launcher in the meantime.

This update. Only takes improvements in the watch spheres or does it bring some improvement in bluetooch battery performance etc …?

Please consult how to install this firmware

May 22, 2017 16:32:22 GMT 1 bengo said:
Hi, I'm new here so inexperienced. What's the procedure to follow in updating the firmware? It's just written "Once copied to the watch - just reboot and all will be available". Copy what? The rar? The extracted directories? Or what else? And where? On root dir? on other dirs? And should I simply copy or do I need to use adb, odin or whatever else, like with smartphones? Sorry, but I'm quite confused, I didn't find a clear guide around and I don't want to destroy my almost new LES1 making something stupid...

Could you please share where I can find the instructions and tools to update the firmware of the LES1?  Just like you, I don't want to ruin my watch. I found the link to download, and I downloaded, the "All Devices Core Tools" zipped folder, but I don't know how to proceed from there. Thank you.

Let’s see what has changed:

• ClockSkin engine now has a refresh arrow that will reindex (?) the watchfaces?
  • Watchengine should not support all (most?) functions of the KW88 watchfaces. Steps, Heartrate, Battery, Weather…

I’ve not noticed any other changes.

Please can anyone tell me if these original watchface work with the new firmware?

On old firmware they have problems and data is not displayed properly as shown in the photo

May 25, 2017 1:55:58 GMT 1 oscarhmeza said:

Could you please share where I can find the instructions and tools to update the firmware of the LES1?  Just like you, I don't want to ruin my watch. I found the link to download, and I downloaded, the "All Devices Core Tools" zipped folder, but I don't know how to proceed from there. Thank you.

Before all, two quite important notes: I)  It's a destructive reinstall, so all was it LES1 will be deleted. If you do not want that search for alternative methods or wait for the OTA update, when available. Or at least backup user data and apps. II) Switch off your LES1 and do not connect it to the PC yet.

i) Download the tool (Linux: spflashtools.com/wp-content/uploads/SP_Flash_Tool_v5.1712_Linux.zip, Windows: spflashtools.com/wp-content/uploads/SP_Flash_Tool_v5.1712_Win.zip, Mac: I hate it, so that’s it.),

ii) Download the new LES1 firmware,

iii) Extract both archives,

iv) Go to the SP_Flash_Tool_v5.1712_<Lin|Win> directory and run flash_tool<.exe>,

v) In the “Download” tab in “Scatter-loading File” “choose”, in our case, MT6580_Android_scatter.txt inside the extracted e1608_image directory,

vi) Check that the pop-down menu is set to “Download Only” and push the “Download” button (the green arrow-down),

vii) Plug your (switched off!) LES1 to the PC USB port. Download starts: a yellow progress bar followed by completion message.

That’s it. LES1 reboots in the new firmware

May 25, 2017 19:28:12 GMT 1 bengo said:
I)  It's a destructive reinstall, so all was it LES1 will be deleted. If you do not want that search for alternative methods or wait for the OTA update, when available. Or at least backup user data and apps.

I wrote a wrong statement: I just noticed that in my case data was not lost, so installation is not destructive! That's better, in any case a backup is always a good attitude.
Hi, I'm new here so inexperienced. What's the procedure to follow in updating the firmware? It's just written "Once copied to the watch - just reboot and all will be available". Copy what? The rar? The extracted directories? Or what else? And where? On root dir? on other dirs? And should I simply copy or do I need to use adb, odin or whatever else, like with smartphones? Sorry, but I'm quite confused, I didn't find a clear guide around and I don't want to destroy my almost new LES1 making something stupid...

May 25, 2017 19:28:12 GMT 1 bengo said:
May 25, 2017 1:55:58 GMT 1 oscarhmeza said:

Before all, two quite important notes: I)  It's a destructive reinstall, so all was it LES1 will be deleted. If you do not want that search for alternative methods or wait for the OTA update, when available. Or at least backup user data and apps. II) Switch off your LES1 and do not connect it to the PC yet.

i) Download the tool (Linux: spflashtools.com/wp-content/uploads/SP_Flash_Tool_v5.1712_Linux.zip, Windows: spflashtools.com/wp-content/uploads/SP_Flash_Tool_v5.1712_Win.zip, Mac: I hate it, so that’s it.),

ii) Download the new LES1 firmware,

iii) Extract both archives,

iv) Go to the SP_Flash_Tool_v5.1712_<Lin|Win> directory and run flash_tool<.exe>,

v) In the “Download” tab in “Scatter-loading File” “choose”, in our case, MT6580_Android_scatter.txt inside the extracted e1608_image directory,

vi) Check that the pop-down menu is set to “Download Only” and push the “Download” button (the green arrow-down),

vii) Plug your (switched off!) LES1 to the PC USB port. Download starts: a yellow progress bar followed by completion message.

That’s it. LES1 reboots in the new firmware

Thank you. I'm done with the firmware and everythings normal or OK. I can see the new firmware version in About Watch. I also see the new "clockskin" folder under File Manager, but when I connect the watch via USB to my laptop, I can't see the folder. Any idea as of why this is happening and how to fix?

question: Have you updated the firmware through the dockstation or the 4pin cable?

May 25, 2017 21:15:06 GMT 1 galaxy76 said:
question: Have you updated the firmware through the dockstation or the 4pin cable?

Dockstation.
May 25, 2017 18:51:14 GMT 1 galaxy76 said:
Please can anyone tell me if these original watchface work with the new firmware?

On old firmware they have problems and data is not displayed properly as shown in the photo