never had to flash KW88.

try it with battery disconnected. Put case back on and try with battery not connected. Same procedure - load up the flash tool use download only - don’t select pre-loader. Click download and then connect cable…

I did what you suggested but failed at 5% download. I have been trying all day (before removing the battery connection) and at one point I got to 60% before giving me the error.

I think it is trying to write to a block of the memory that has some hardware issue.

Or other possibility is that I can’t make it to stay off. Even with battery cable removed, after a few seconds that I connect the cable, it start booting up. This could be the issue.

Check the video on below link. As soon as I connect the cable:

@Amir
i think it’s time for you to return it.

Sorry, for my English
The Chinese are misleading consumers with this very attractive clock
I have my two days unused, 100% battery only works 5/6 hours.
Wifi off, Bluetooth off, not sim card

@Jose_Carlos_Rodrigue you have updated the firmware ?
I don’t believe they are really miss-leading anyone intentionally.
I think a lot of the problem is that people expect soooo much for their $120 USD.
A Wear watch which cannot do some of the most needed functions like phone call etc will cost almost $300 USD .
It’s battery will last longer - but not much and it does not have to keep a 3G radio running all the time.
It’s a matter of perspective and also quality control. Yes, these cheaper watches are prone to defective build components - but if you buy from the main supplier instead of bargain basement Gear Best or Everbuying you generally get a replacement if you return it.

Each to their own I guess…

Dear Sirs, I`m new here in this Forum!
I followed up this communication because
I have same failed KW88, I mean the Problem
is the same as Amir wrote.
I did everything as mentioned above, I have communication with the watch but after 5% Transmission communication breaks down and
the decribed error message is coming up.
Only one time the Transfer reached 29% and stopped as above.
Battery one time disconnected than connected
soft with Version 5.1620 than with 5.1640 also
MTK usb Driver installed.
So please help us to find a solution.
I guess still the watch has from somewhere
power and therefore comm is stopping.
thank you in advance for help.
by the way, this Problem Comes up after installing a face watch, immediately after download the watch Switch down and started pumping with the Ballons approx. every 10 sec.
thank you and good luck to all.

By the way I like this Forum, it is very active and “human” as I recognised during my first
time watching.!!!

@Gottfried_TASCH I have not been able to find a solution yet. Although I shared the video with the seller and she agreed to send me a replacement which is shipped and on its way.

It is most probably a hardware issue where flash tool can not write or complete writing the files. I know it should not be the case but since you can not really turn the watch off then in the middle of flashing it does something that blocks the writing or as you said close the com port. No matter what you do like disconnecting the battery and keep it disconnected and then connect it via USB watch will start rebooting without touching the power button. I think if you try to find a way to completely turn it off then you should be able to flash it. Since my replacement is on its way, I didn’t spend any time investing possible solutions.

@Gottfried_TASCH BTW, which watch face did you install that you think caused this issue? I want to see if this could have been one of the faces I installed.

one of them was “V22 Osprey” , it is removed meanwhile to do
rights reasons… the other one I will check in the evening.
kr.

I am sure I didn’t install that one. Let me know the other one.

Dear Amir, I think this file
wf_57bd5a2_1NcesFVeHq.apk
was downloaded and created this bad Situation for my watch.
but I’m not sure!
Just right before I could download the soft and
Flash 2 x successfully the KW88, but still watch
is not coming up and just pumping every 10 sec. with the balloons!
So even I give up with this watch, whats happend if I buy a new one and also Transfer watchfaces to my new one it is not for sure
that this Problem will come up again, I’m right?
so what can I do? and why is my watch not starting even the soft download was 2 x o.k?
please try to help, thank you in advance.

here is the evidence!

1940102b560415ebffcd73ebc847323a.jpeg.png

I have been watching this with interest.
Here’s why - if it was this apk that caused the issue then flashing the firmware would certainly fix it. There has to be an underlying issue here - not just the watch face.
Have you flashed the 20160921 firmware ?

Dear Pablo, I flashed the firm 20160921 right now, only if I disconnect the battery I can download but then always…
the download was done with 100% and o.k. at the end. I disconnected the loading cable, connected battery back, closed the watch backwards and due to low battery I connected again cable and power charger, the watch switch on with starting balloon Picture and went in a frozen Status with this Situation.
Now I`m waiting what will happend, I let the watch Charge and lets see if I can reach 100% power and see what the watch will after.
sorry, still not that result as wished.
meanwhile some add. advice/idea from you or the others here? thank you Keep you informed.

It sounds like a hardware failure to me - if this doesn’t fix the issue.
Maybe a faulty battery - who knows. You could test the voltage coming from the battery after the full charge

@Gottfried_TASCH So you actually managed to flash it? I never been able to do that. They highest I reached was 59% so maybe we have different issues. I will give it another try to flash it and see how it goes.