never had to flash KW88.

Try here - it’s the same for all these MTK watches http://roundandroidwatches.proboards.com/thread/51/smartwatch-ticks-video-guides-flashing

Maybe this will help :slight_smile:

what should I try there? It’s the same as here , I am there too

When I let it boot through it starts and as I said I can longpress the button for the menu …but also…I can access the watch through usb cable and…now …question no 1…
Whatcan I do with that besides copy paste ?

Anyone knows a way of factory resetting this watch when I cant get to the menu…disconnecting the battery doesn’t help there I’m afraid

Are you using windows 10 as the drivers are different and did you allow for unsigned drivers

Hi Martin… I’m having the SAME problem with my D5… here is a link to a long thread that discusses the problem and offers some solutions… but I have to say that although my D5 is working I still can’t connect it to my PC via USB and so I can’t Flash… :(…
https://plus.google.com/+AndrewDavis-the-omnipotent/posts/AATnTjYaBXK

@daniel_summers
Yes I have w10 , did allow and it makes connection with the right driver but only for a second. I’m repeating here… Used a powered USB hub just in case… Almost everything has been tried… This only occurres when watch is off… When on its a black screen but I can access menu though button only to reboot… Power safe… Full and small screen etc. No way there I can Factory reset. I can also access watch (not rooted so only folders) I contacted a friend and will try to connect with his pc (my old super pc) if that doesn’t work I’m all out of ideas

@Andrew_Davis thanks… I will take a look asap

I can still connect my KW88 (but I haven’t uploaded the latest OTA)… have you updated the MTP drivers?

@Martin_Nijhuis The info (at the very end) from +Shubh Shah is interesting… :slight_smile:

@Andrew_Davis That 20% thing sounds like its worth a try .hope it reaches it when I’m awake and not tonight when I have both my ears on the pillow :wink:

You could set everything going - BT, GPS, WiFi and search on Google… the battery would soon run down :slight_smile:

I can’t …nothing to see on the screen :wink:
https://youtu.be/jmKTpw_sP0k that’s the whole point …if I could choose that I could also set factory defaults …
Searching for a way to hard reset this “thing” now…open up its chest and disconnect everything till it knows no more of that horrible watchnew.apk :wink:

@Martin_Nijhuis , do not forget that the watch must be disconnected (off) and in SPFlash must already have given the download, the last thing to do is connect the watch to the PC.

That is something I indeed didn’t do… I will try tomorrow. Thanks

And don’t flash the pre-loader !!!

Hi All, I have another post with similar issue but since everybody is focused in this post I raise my question again. I followed this post and downloaded the latest version of the SP tool but result is same. I don’t have the same connectivity issue but SP tool pop up an error and doesn’t complete the process. Below is the screen shot. I tried this multiple time and every time I get the same error however the completion percentage changes every time, the most I got was 7%.

One question thought, does watch have to stay off the whole time? If yes, then it might be my issue. I can not keep it off. I let it ran out of battery so it is off but as soon as I connect the USB cable it start booting, goes to the balloon page and now black screen (it used to restart after the balloon page). In this case is there any option that I can stop it from booting up?
missing/deleted image from Google+

I did answer in you post , better to leave it there

Watch has to be off and also which version of SP Tool are you using? For KW88 it has to be SP_Flash_Tool_v5.1620_Win for best results…
For instance - 5.13 will produce errors like yours…

@Pablo_Eleven_Pablo11 I removed the battery connection, reconnected it and also downloaded and used v5.1620 with the same result. I get the same error before it reaches 8% completion (maximum I got is 7%). Any idea what else I can try?