My Opitmus 2 is Dead, so sad

So update on my Optimus 2… It died 3 weeks ago. It over heated when charging and burnt off the contact pins on both the charger cord and power bank. So now it can not turn on has no charge left. It’s only 8 months old still under warranty but Kospet will not help me or honor their warranty without me sending video which I can not do right now. So I’m out the watch I loved and had set up to do everything I needed it to do. I’ll end up getting another since no other watch has a camera like this but I won’t buy from Kospet and I’ll report them for not honoring the warranty to bbb and consumer protection ag. Beware. The O2 may be prone to over- heating and need more caution with charging. I will hate to have to do a setup on a new one with all the work arounds, watch faces, apps and apn settings for the sim card :disappointed_relieved::disappointed_relieved::disappointed_relieved: but thanks to this forum I can

1 Like

Sad to hear . However you mention Kospet will look at your case if you provide a video which is normal . If you dont provide proof you cannot expect them to sort your issue ?
Kospet’s customer care is by far the best we have come across so i wouldnt give up as yet . As the power bank and charging cable are two different ways to charge the watch i am confused as to how both are damaged ? Unless i have misread your post . Thanks

2 Likes

Hi Dr. Andy, Kospet is now asking me for a screen shot of my purchase order receipt which they have in their record’s . They want the order number order details payment and shipping info. I have sent them a screen shot of it three times and yet they are still asking for it in 6 days of back and forth correspondence. They earlier mentioned a video but my O2 is just a black screen of a turned off watch … It has no charge. Nothing to show. My O2 obviously has an over heating defect. A while ago I posted that it left a burn mark on my arm that lasted a few days. Now it burn’t off the plastic and pin connector on the left side of both my power bank and the power cord . I did notice the watch was having a bit of difficulty accepting a charge a month ago when I let the battery go under 20% before charging it. It kept turning off. Now this burn on all it’s chargers three weeks go. It is a shame because all the many apps I have in it function perfectly and other than regularly insuring that the forceful optimization app doesn’t shut them down and they are updated, I use the O2 sparingly. I will have to get another because no other watch has that Sony flash camera but I now am attentive that all O2s may have an over heat problem if you don’t use lots of caution in charging it. . I will buy a new from a third party , not Kospet because they have been giving me a run around for 6 entire days asking for the purchase order screen shot … I send it in a reply then they ask again in a reply. Ive gone so far as to explain that I’m giving what they ask for in the attachment and how to click on it to open it to read it. They sound like a broken record that is unwilling to honor their warranty. They got paid for their product. and thats all they care about. If they don’t honor the warranty I will report to bbb and bad review. . It’s a shame because that watch has great tech but they may have gone cheap on it battery quality…

Its a shame to hear but i would keep on at them . Out of curiousity how many and what apps are you running in the background without them shutting down ?
At the same time is wifi / data / bluetooth / screen always on

1 Like

You didn’t accidentally use the cable or power bank from an other device ? Some of them have different polarity and that has been seen to pull so much power that the melting you describe occurs :cry:

2 Likes

Ugh, I wish I could look at it to accurately tell you. My O2 is packing 198 apps right now. I don’t leave a lot turned on in background other than necessities. I.e. The phone and messages and contacts, button mapper, and a few other of the Vital Google apps. I would never allow pleasure fun apps to run all the time on anything other than my beastly. Samsung’s. .I’m not sure how or when the contact pins got burnt on both the cable charger and power bank . I’m holding on to hope my watch will still charge if I could just get a cable and bank for it. Amazon and ebay do not sell any of the O2 accessories right now. (which is also suspicious ) still I’m only asking them for a new cord and power bank to see if I can get it to work. If I can get it to function/turn on I’ll use more caution with a protection on my wrist. and charge it less but at this point it doesn’t. look like Kospet is even gonna help with that. I’m disappointed that they make the only A10 that I want and now my trust level of them is an all time low… I’ll have to get the accessories at Aliex and wait for them to be shipped from China. If I have to go that far with it then I will double the chargers and add a new watch just incase mine is completely gone but I really don’t have the time now to do the setup on a new one.

No I would never believe that’s possible but now that you mention it I do have a brand new Kospet Vision’s watch sitting in a drawer collecting dust I’ll look at that cable to see if it’s the same. I also had a Zeblaze but I gave it away because it’s storage was too small. I have never used a cord on an Android watch that wasn’t it’s own official cord .thanks

1 Like

198 apps :laughing: wow . The reason i asked is i often flash my watches and have to set them up again after a reset . Now i know what i am doing and i know these watches can be pushed too far but to give you a example the other day i was setting up my O2

Screen on 30 mins
Wifi on
Bluetooth on
Downloading and updating apps

After 35 mins as expected the watch over heated ( it was seriously hot ) , gave me a warning and shut down . As i said i expected this to happen .

For me i have a feeling with 198 apps running you are pushing the watch too far which is why it burnt your wrist . I could be wrong …

1 Like

So funny thing … my 17 year old niece. tried to warn me on the same topic saying I have too many apps in it.And my reply is why would this watch come with 64 gb storage 4 gb ram and 8 A53 cores if they don’t expect you to use it ? I only have 25 gb of the 64 gb used. That is the best I can do on a "careful it’s just a little watch " budget . I have 1200 apps in general in all my other devices. Chromebook, Tablet and Phone. I don’t allow all of them to run in the background . And I keep the watch screen turned off most all of the time .

1 Like

Oh and I only have 15 of the lovely watch faces in it … from this forum :grin::grin::grin:

2 Likes

And no I don’t use wifi on it at all. It has a good data plan and I only turn on Bluetooth if I’m gonna bt speakers or headphones or keyboard to it which is rarely. I do leave the Google Gboard app turned on so I have an onscreen. Keyboard if I need to type on it. The optimization app still shuts it down and its a real pain to get it reset and floating when you need it if that happens but I find the Gboard is the best onscreen keyboard for me to type on. Button mapper and app drawer have to be running because I use them as main apps

Fair enough :grin:

3 Likes

Some time ago I tried to charge my Optimus2 with an fast charger and in a moment it was hot.
Now I only charge it with a normal charger.

3 Likes

I would not use a USB fast charge adapter on any android watch. Thats too high of a risk. Even in their spec list most of the Asian Android watches do not list charging wattage and probably for a good reason…but thanks, On a side note I did just notice all four pin charge cables and battery banks for the Optimus 2 Are no longer available separately from third party sellers on eBay, Bangood, Aliexpress,and Amazon. I can only get a replacement. on Aliex. from China. So it looks to me that I’m not the only person with this problem or to report a burn mark on their wrist. There is only one O2 listed for sale on Bangood and there are no third party sellers on Amazon or eBay with an O2 in stock in the USA. The only option I have to get a new anything of the O2 is China warehouses on Aliex or Ebay … So there is most likely a problem with the popular O2 power surging and overheat and Kospet is most likely aware of it and not allowing the accessories for it to be sold by any other third party sellers right now while in the process of dealing with it which is prolly why they have been giving me the run around for a whole week.

1 Like

Here is the original cable

2 Likes

That is not the original cable? It’s apparently for Prime 2, not Optimus 2.
But perhaps they are pin compatible, but be sure to check this 100% before connecting to the watch.

On the other hand, they also have the Optimus 2 cable:

1 Like

Prime 2 is not compatible, it has reversed polarity, it will fry your smartwatch

1 Like

KOSPET PRIME 2 Smartwatch Original Charging Cable

Thanks …trying not to buying from them directly due to them failing me on the warranty but I’m prolly going to have to use this link… I’ll be certain to only use the Optimus cable

1 Like

Another update — I really can not make do without this watch anymore . Can’t wait for Kospet to take responsibility on the warranty so I just purchased a whole new Kospet Optimus 2 with battery bank and an extra charge cable and extra pack of screen protectors. We shall see if this battery is also bad then I guess the technology of the O2 is not meant to be right now