My Opitmus 2 is Dead, so sad

I’m really surprised to see (hear so-to-speak) that after-sales is being so difficult with you. Of course I don’t know the whole story behind your reason for reaching out to them but my experience with them has been nothing short of amazing. It solely involved the Prime 2 and the problems which came with it (battery/charging issues, camera issues, some software nuisances and the power button failing) from the very start (through 5 or so watches) but they were more than willing to do what was necessary to provide a much better than expected resolution to the problems I had, up to and including taking one (as they say) for the team on a couple of occasions, without much resistance. Until the last interaction with them, that is, over camera and power button issues where they expected me to pay for the shipping to them but I challenged it so they decided to send me the parts so I could source the repair locally on my dime, which proved to be very difficult, since the watches aren’t well known here in the USA. Found a local shop willing to try to repair the two Prime 2’s I was having problems with but that turned out to be a disaster so I’ve moved to the Optimus 2 (on them) and all has gone well thus far (knock on :wood:). I can say though that whomever is running the show now, doesn’t seem to want to bend much as compared to the lady who was running it for most my Prime 2 watch issues. She was very attentive and on point. Whereas now the culture seems to have changed and you can feel the tension now when reaching out. Nonetheless, my overall experience with them has been very positive. Despite the head butting which went on during my last interaction, they went over and above what was expected by resolving it a way I didn’t expect. I’ve occasionally read about others who have experienced difficulties with them but that’s foreign to me as I don’t know that side of them. Sorry for your struggles. I hope they get it worked out for you.

2 Likes

They were great when I bought it. Gave me a coupon for money off and I was wearing it two days after I paid them for it. Now that my watch has a battery overheating melting all its chargers problem they have ignored my requests for help… all they did is ask me for my invoice to prove the sale, I sent it in a reply and they’d ask for it again … That went on for weeks . I don’t have time for the BS … I need an O2 on my wrist so I bought another. I do not trust them but I loved what the O2 was capable of so I’m giving it one more chance

1 Like

I bought my Optimus 2 the day it went on sale from Kospet’s web site, so its about 1.5 years old. I recently had data communications trouble with my cable but it was charging. (I ordered a new cable, its on its way should be here any day). So, last night I put the cable on to charge it. I plugged it into my computers USB port as usual.

The watch was hot to the touch had to put it down. I got this error. What to do? Can’t remove battery and the touch screen was unresponsive. So I figured it was fried so I put it in the freezer for 15 minutes to cool it down.

Well after 15 minutes it was cool, but still no touch screen. So I held the power button for 30 seconds and the watch rebooted and the screen was back to working. May be I had the pin miss aligned I don’t know. Happy it still works.

I’ve been buying things from China since 2018 never had to use customer support. Until I bought a drone from GearBaddest. To make along story short, I asked the seller where it was no updates on tracking for a month. Then I involved the website and finally Paypal. But it was the same story week after week. It should be there any day, Do you Still want it? and on and on. After 12 weeks Paypal got me a refund,

I realize that not every sale would be handled in such a poor manner you just take your chances. I go direct to the manufactures website now as Aliexpress charges me sales tax.

2 Likes

I have purchased a great number of watches from overseas (Aussie here) and, in general, I have had no problems except for the occasional delay in arrival to me. But I agree 100% with @EdwardUse Paypal for buying anything online! And familiarize yourself with their “Dispute” process where you can open a dispute with paypal if the goods are damaged, not what ordered, didn’t arrive, etc. I have used this option a few times and paypal has always refunded me when the Seller was at fault. Paypal ensures that you will not be out of pocket if something is wrong with the sale. Cheers, Doons

2 Likes

My Optimus 2 Was purchased directly from Kospet. And so is the new one that is stated to be on its way to me

Are they sending a new one for free? that would be awesome! I wonder when Kospet will release an Android 11 watch? But I usually skip a version.

This Black Friday, I’m hoping to see Ticwatch 4 watch. I want a watch I can wear at work. We’ll see if what Smartwatch Ticks speculates on it specifications come to fruition.

1 Like

They are not sending me anything for free. I can not even get them to communicate with me about. my present O2 problem and warranty. . I don’t believe they have anyone in cs working that can speak English or translate to me. They are continually sending auto bot email respondes that are a responce to my requests for help. I have chosen to foolishly give them money for charging cords , screen protectors and a new watch even though Kospet has lost all of my trust I still don’t want to be without the convenience I had with my O2 . I don’t have time for their corruption of not assisting customers or honoring their warranty. I need the watch so I took a chance on getting anotherO2 and gave them a couple more hundred dollars. My last O2 was on my wrist in two days after I paid for it. The whole new watch I paid for is being sent from China not in a warehouse in the USA like before. I did use a coupon that basically covered shipping and an extra charge cord but the tracking says it has not left China yet and it’s been six days since I gave them the money. Kospet has changed and is no longer trust worthy … But there still may be a good O2 out there that doesn’t have a battery that will over heat and leave me with burn marks or fry its power bank and charging cords .

Its sad, really how they treat customers. My new cable came today, I paid for it.

I used to buy a new android watch every new version of Android. I have KW88, Thor 4 , LemX, Hope, Prime, Optimus 2. a few others. I’m kinda of board with the quality, false claims on their specifications. I just think they could be so much more.

So, I am a programmer and ready for something new with WearOS 3. Fossil, Samsung or Mobvoi ticwatch.

1 Like

Sadly if it is taking more than a week to ship it from their official store my suggestion is to cancel and buy from different store.

A week ? I usually wait 3-4 weeks in the Uk

2 Likes

No way ill wait that long to be shipped, if it passes a week i cencel it.

Seriously ? So if you order a watch you would cancel if longer than 7 days to arrive :laughing::laughing:

2 Likes

You two are talking about different things.
Sonia: the time before they actually ship the item out of the shop
Andy: the time for the watch to arrive at the buyer.

Not the same stuff, so don’t get worked up over misunderstandings…

3 Likes

Like they say @Dotsfar People should NEVER assume because it makes an Ass out of U & me! :crazy_face: :rofl: But easy to see how they were talking at cross purposes! I quite often wait 3 weeks to a month for items to arrive at my place from China, the US & the UK . In fact I have found Deutsche Post to be the most efficient and reliable carrier of all o\overseas postal systems! Cheers, Doons

2 Likes

Ditto on the sad part. This will be my 4th android watch. But I’m very attached to the O2s camera features

1 Like

This is the tracking info as of a few minutes ago my new one is in flight to the USA. I plan to try and salvage my former one first with the extra charge cord and keep the new one for backup.

• Arrival to the destination airport

2022-10-26 18:18

• Departure from the original airport

2022-10-26 10:16

• Hand over to airline.

2022-10-25 18:12

• ShaTian,DongGuan / Depart from facility to service provider.

2022-10-24 20:32

• ShaTian,DongGuan / Shipment arrived at facility and measured.

2022-10-24 16:07

• ShaTian,DongGuan / 4px picked up shipment.

• JAMAICA / Arrived shipping partner facility, usps awaiting item

2022-10-24 02:07

• Parcel information received

2022-10-23 21:58

Well they can haggle over whether I should cancel or not but I’m going to give my new purchase the chance to get to me and see whats going to happen with my old O2 And how the new one works. Hopefully I will also find a way to break through Kospet auto bot communication barrier and be able to get them to assist me if need be.

this is my tracking on my new watch. Hoping usps doesn’t get their hands on it or I’ll have to do much leg work to find it in the USA.

• Arrival to the destination airport

2022-10-26 18:18

• Departure from the original airport

2022-10-26 10:16

• Hand over to airline.

2022-10-25 18:12

• ShaTian,DongGuan / Depart from facility to service provider.

2022-10-24 20:32

• ShaTian,DongGuan / Shipment arrived at facility and measured.

• ShaTian,DongGuan / 4px picked up shipment.

• JAMAICA / Arrived shipping partner facility, usps awaiting item

2022-10-24 02:07

• Parcel information received

2022-10-23 21:58

1 Like

I’ve never dealt with this Autobot when dealing with Kospet. Are you reaching out to after sales through their email?

I did finally get the new watch after it was lost in shipping for 3 months. I got fed up with trying to discuss it with Kospet. They wouldn’t help and don’t seem to have anyone in CS that can communicate. in English and I can not in Chinese.

2 Likes

You still didnt get the one you purchase few months ago??