My experience with the Kospet Optimus Pro

Good morning to everyone,

Today I will summarize and share my experience with the Kospet Optimus Pro.
After watching tons of @SmartWatch_Ticks youtube videos, in the month of june I decided to buy a Kospet Optimus Pro from the Official Aliexpress store mainly because I needed a device that could replace my smartphone in certain situations: I was really fascinated by the full android smartwach world as I’m a quite nerd guy!

The item arrived in July and immediately after putting my sim card in the watch I had the overheating problems reported in that post:

I followed every method described in the forum and followed every discussion to avoid the issue but with no results. As a matter of fact I wasn’t able to use my smartwatch as I intended before buying it: I had to use it as a smarphone companion rather than a standalone smartphone.
Moreover, the watch itself didn’t show the correct time and I had to install a modified app to have the always on ambient clock as it should work (thanks to @iscle for that):

Even the notification part was a pain: I had to download and use (later on I become a premium user) the watchdroid app developped by @lumaticsoft to have a usable smartwatch intented to be a phone companion.

In the month of september I had a crack in the back cover (as shown in the following pictures)

I contacted immediately the field assistance of the Official Kospet store and that was their answer:

I had to pay 5$ to get the replacement back cover, but when I replaced it (in the month of november) I wasn’t able to charge my watch battery again.

Now I’m still fighting against Kospet guys to get the warranty service (watch replacement) claimed by their site as they forced me to replace my back cover (my initial intentions were to get a replacement watch). I also contacted @pablo11 to help me in the cause, but even he wasn’t able to help me!

At the end of the story I paid 150$ + 50$ taxes to get a product that I could never use as I intended and that after a few months after the purchase experienced severe quality issues and that now is completely unusable.

So be aware: If you decide to buy one of those watches, the result could be a complete waste of money!
Full Android Smartwatch world is still unripe for now, so maybe the ones of you looking for their first smartwatch should consider not to buy one of those “cheap” Chinese products!
The Kospet Optimus pro was my first smartwatch; probably it will be my last full android smartwatch.
One thing is sure: It will be my last Kospet smartwatch!

1 Like

It’s a sad story indeed.
Sadly a few people like you are having issues.
However, over all - the complaints about this product are very low considering how many have been sold.
The same can be said for the Hope and the Prime.

This does not mean that your situation is acceptable… But it does indicate that the majority of the units sold are fine.

I’m sorry I could not help you more with this but I had nothing more I could say.
I have changed my rear cover many times while I work on it. It is a very fragile and complex connector and socket. So you have to be careful, but other than that it is not a problem.
Your situation is very unfortunate :disappointed:

3 Likes

The only sad part of that story is that warranty and field service provided by Kospet is a fraud. Defective unit can happen: no problems about that. But field service and warranty have to be granted if they are adviced.
Cheers

1 Like

Completely agree :+1::+1::+1:

3 Likes

yeah, that it just what I thought when my Optimus Pro died. I really like the concept of full android watches but the overall quality and customer support are really big issues with these watches at present.
still I might buy one or two in the future as I don’t really like my current samsung watch and I think I ain’t gonna like that new xiaomi watch which Im gonna get when an international version of it is ready.
I wish a good company picked up on making a decent full android watch

2 Likes