[MT6739][Android 7][CROSS PORT]FAW Porting between Watches

• I DON’T RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR WATCH, YOUR DAILY LIFE, OR ANYTHING AFFECTED BY METHOD ON THIS THREAD*

Hello everyone. I will write here how to port any firmware from any watches
Note :

1. have the same screen type (e.g round to round, square to square)
  2. have the same chipset and android version ( MT6739, Android 7)

Preparation:

1. your watch rom, we call this BASE
  2. other watch rom you want to run in your watch, we call this PORT

Steps:
a. Flash your PORT system.img using flashtool
if it’s boot into android, the PORT can be used. if not, better to change into other roms since we want a bugless rom as possible.

b. Your PORT have bugs
Of course it is. the hw is slightly different. the solutions are:

1. Extract BASE Kernel
    a. Download MTK Extractor here
    b. extract the downloaded zip, open the app, choose boot, browse to your BASE boot.img, then click start.
    c. copy the kernel file to other folder
    d. delete MTK Extractor folder (to remove any residues files)

2. Modify PORT boot.img
    a. Extract the downloaded MTK Extractor zip (again, to avoid conflicted files. that’s why i told to delete it) open the app, choose boot, browse to your PORT boot.img, then click start.
    b. copy the BASE kernel (the one you move from step 1) file to MTK Extractor folder
    c. Repack boot.img, flash it using flashtool or TWRP

3. Heart Rate Sensor not work
    Unpack your BASE system.img using MTK extractor, go to system/vendor/lib/hw/, copy sensors.mt6739.so to your watch in the same manner (system/vendor/lib/hw/sensors.mt6739.so)

4. Camera have smaller size, blurry, incorrect colors,etc.
    Unpack your BASE system.img using MTK extractor, go to system/vendor/lib/, copy these files to your watch in the same manner (system/vendor/lib/hw/)
    Capture

This is it! You will have a vanilla ported firmware from another watch. this guide will be useful if your firmware not updated anymore.

1 Like

FAQ:
Q: can I using the different screen resolution for this?
A: You can, I tested it with Microwear H8 as BASE (400x400) using Optimus Pro as PORT (454x454) and it’s runs fine. except few apps will be needs resize (fitness and the like).

Q: How I can copy files from step 3 and 4? using what?
A: you need to root your watch and using any file manager to copy these files.

1 Like