A new watch is needed, after the summer... What to buy now?

I think the problem is that the Openwatch code is for Wiitee based watches but @iscle is right - none of their code is used.

The source is generic but has been modified by the devs to work on the boards in our watches.

Hence the confusion when looking at the Github.

2 Likes

Thanks for the clarification. Luckily faw watches only have few sensors or hw differences so if the cusrom have any bugs it will mostly RIL (network) stuffs i guess.

I already uploaded the firmware for the V2 (D) screen…
It’s linked to the LEM T FAQ thread as well

1 Like

Thanks for the info. But i still waiting for my lemfo lem t.
I always full backup my emmc since mtk based devices easily lost it’s imei.

1 Like

Just letting you know because people trying to use the Ticwris Max firmware on these LEM T devices with the new screen are having a bad time…

yeah i know. it’s just like porting rom actually.
If they replace kernel files it will mostly work between faw.
but since lem t and ticwris max have almost identical rom and version so the benefit is mostly none.

EDIT: I create a tutorial for cross port between faw here

I don’t understand what you are saying but I think I understand that we cannot install a pure android from a smartphone on a square smartwatch?

You actually can, one of the positive aspects of the Mediatek platform is their highly generic approach.
As long as the used chipset is identical, a lot of the drivers should work out of the box.

1 Like

it’s true you are right I had not thought of but there are low-end smartphones with the mtk6739 processor it would be necessary to extract the software change it in 360x360 or 320x360 or 240x240 and put it in the smartwatch et voilà.

i have a omate truesmart which still works but the charger has charging fault. truesmart omate and my 1 smartwatch :slight_smile:

Those who know full android smartwatches from the start know or have an Omate TrueSmart or the very first AW-414.Go that’s what launched these watches.

My TrueSmart doesn’t work any more it doesn’t charge any more because the battery is dead and I didn’t know before that to keep a battery in life it must be charged at least to 50%.

It is funny talking about the old Truesmart.
I don’t suppose you guys remember, but I started this community with one of the lead developers from the Truesmart debacle…
He left us a couple of years ago but he was less than happy with that whole situation.
I suspect some of the Openwatch team had similar experiences…
That’s how long we’ve been around :joy:

1 Like

Yes I remember and it’s a shame that it ended badly with Monsieur Lepen.

No, AW-414 and Omate TS1 are 3rd gen, 1st gen are MT6515, 2nd gen are ZGPAX watches S5 and S6with MT6577

Was Loki the nickname of the developer who worked with you?

Yes, but it was Omate who made the full android and Pablo11 smartwatches known.

Yes of course :grin:

Omate were very difficult and it ended very badly

The way kickstarter Omate TS1 messed up until lokifish marz retire huh. I remember it all lol

Yep… After all, it’s not that long ago…
6 years…
We started up only when the first round Android watch came along…
Finow K18
In 2015