More OTA issues... Your help needed please..! Hi all.

@Ronald_Jansen with a file manager, near the the top look for any folder that has fota as the last letters in it. It disappears after flashing though. You may have to accept the wireless update to get it to download again if it is gone.

I checked - my X3+ still has its IMEI after doing the OTA. Not sure which version it had before, arroved fresh from GB and did not write it down.
Note that my IMEI is also printed on a small label (with barcode) sticking at the bottom of the box the watch was in. Possibly also inside battery compartment - may be useful for those who have not written it down and need to restore original IMEI.

This getting very strange indeed. Some are affected but a few are not…
The OTA must be sometimes completing correctly and sometimes not.
Of course - I need to be hearing from members that are not using rooted watches. If you are rooted then issues will always happen no matter what (unless you have some serious knowledge as it can be achieved some times from a custom recovery).
The OTA carries out many security checks for altered system partitions and recovery changes.

Unfortunately I now realize my IMEI is gone. Oh well so much for being lucky.

@Pablo_Eleven_Pablo11 I will send it after work today. Like I said before it shows as corrupt and doesn’t seem to open for me.

Great - thanks @Edward_Henry .
Can anyone tell me if they saw two versions of the play store running after the OTA on their watch? It looks like the update partially failed to clean up after the update and left 2 versions of many Google app installed.
In turn Google would refuse to recognize the watch after this …

X5+: I didn’t notice 2 versions of the play store. At the time i didn’t know to look for that. All i know is that when I updated play services with an adb command: adb install -r <> from my laptop, after crashing play services a couple of times, it all started working again. I could logon to play store.
X5: not applicable

@Ronald_Jansen
this the file/folder name: adupsfota/update.zip

@Pablo_Eleven_Pablo11 Not sure this will help as it is the log from the first update and I can’t find a log for the second one. http://pastebin.com/eN9K75Rb

@Pablo_Eleven_Pablo11 My X3+ was completely untouched besides entering WiFi credentials.
No root, no other apps installed, no custom watchfaces. Updated right when the OTA downloaded.

Hmm. Edit seems to be non-working on Firefox/Linux :wink:
Forgot to note in last one: IMEI is still valid after update.

@btoschi that’s good news.

Just to be clear :
Original X5 OTA issue is fixed. Please only post here about the plus series of watches.
Thanks.

I updated my x5 i have no problem with smartwatch

@Pablo_Eleven_Pablo11 Here is that zip, had no luck getting it open though. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-mPe32Z6phCNTN1ZEhMdlpKOWs/view?usp=sharing

@Jim_Chisholm I was about use your help then found this method to work also, but without having to flash back to stock (therefore no data loss). Having a NVRAM bin backup is so important.Have a look at this method: https://afterroot.wordpress.com/2015/07/22/mtk-restore-nvram-bin/

@Edward_Henry The zipfile seems to be seriously broken :wink:
Nevertheless, double-extracting leads to a md5sum which contains:
“post-build=alps/w815_kk/w815_kk:4.4.2/K”.
This looks to be for X5, not plus.

Yes - it was for X5 but was corrupt. As I have said - it’s fixed now.
Thanks

@Edward_Henry
just so people know - this does not work for X5+ or any of the 5.1 watches. Partitions are much more complex.

@Huawa_Tuam they do - and we have it.
This community is for watch faces and general chat. Firmware is over on the proboard forum where all our technical discussions are documented. This is made clear in the welcome post of this community.
However - I am not sure if the X5+ firmware is uploaded yet so I am doing it again right now .
It will be here when I’ve finished the upload:
http://roundandroidwatches.proboards.com/board/16/factory-firmware-downloads